Style Links
Warkworth Golf Club

Year Built 1891
Architect Old Tom Morris (1891)

A lovely 9 hole course with amazing views.

This is one of my local courses so I have played it numerous times.

It's a 9 hole course but benefits from a different set of tee location if you want to play it as an 18.

It's set amongst the dunes and rises in the latter holes to sit above them with magnificent views across the beach and sea.

The course tends to be in very good condition - particularly the greens. There are no real easy holes, as there are hazards on all . The rough is savage, as is the heather, there's no water but some great pot bunkers.

Well worth a visit when its quiet as the course can get congested.

Due to injury in both arms I didn't play today but lovely weather so I decided to walk it and watch my mates play. Enjoyed walking until I was thrown off the course on the 9th from the Gestapo. What harm am I causing by not playing. Walked alongside the course on public footpath on back 9. Won't be buying food or drink at the end when game is over. I won't be back. No wonder golf has a bad rep from the old codgers. Sort your attitude and you may get more players.

Fab day out

After weeks of rain and snow and most parkland courses still closed this was fantastic. Firm fairways. Fast greens. Sunshine all day. Great wee course.

A 9 holes with 18 tee boxes!

A 9 hole course with 18 tee boxes, meaning that you have to take turns with ie someone playing the 10th while your playing the 1st, and what a tedious experience it is especially if other parties are slow, and weren't they just when I played!
Nobody was there to help at 10am in the morning, no food available either.
It is without doubt a beautiful location, stunning views etc. I know that the 18 holes was only £11, but I honestly could not recommend it. Hey ho.

Warkworth Late May 2017

For 2 novices this was a test but a very enjoyable round worth every penny of the £10. It was very windy which was expected right by the sea, the greens were in excellent condition and enjoyed a pint at the 19th Comfreys for £2.70 which completed a most enjoyable Sunday morning.

A true links hidden gem

We played Warkworth on the last day of our golf holiday, and what a course to finish! We started early, greeted by the greenkeeper who was so kind to lend us a trolley (thanks again!). We played the 9 holes twice and enjoyed the beautiful setting of the holes surrounded by dunes and the marvelous greens. At the 18th green we were welcomed by two members of Warkworth, very keen to know how we felt about their course, so we had a nice chat. We were a bit early for lunch, but next year we will definitely be back. Thank you Warkworth, for a wonderful day!

Wonderful Setting

A lovely course in a beautiful setting. There's a view of a castle, the sea and Cheviots all on the same course.

Alnmouth, Northumberland