Warley Park Golf Club - Warley Park Course

Red (W) 73 5616 yards

Year Built 1973

Metal Spikes Allowed Yes

Stunning Autumn Afternoon

Course in pretty good condition and gradually recovering from the summer drought. Ground staff are doing an excellent job and leaves well under control. I was advised to start on 19-27 to avoid a society and it worked well. Plenty of challenge.

Lovely course

Very good value and condition.staff and members made us feel very welcome.look forward to returning

Well Worth A Visit

It was the first time that we played this course and all four of us were very impressed. The greens were immaculate and very challenging and the holes were varied and lovely to play. It’s a beautifully kept course which is tough to play but thoroughly enjoyable. There are a lot of ‘blind’ shots, maybe a few too many if being picky, but we’re already looking forward to playing it again - especially now we know where we’re going!

Friendly staff and a great course - highly recommended!

If you happen to find around six lost golf balls on the front nine, they’re all mine! Cheers!

Great condition

Course in really good condition from tee to green. Only downside was the rough was really tall and heavy. This slowed play and made finding balls difficult. Greens receptive with some tricky slopes and borrows but good pace. Enjoyable to play and will definitely be returning.

Warley park

Having rung the course in the morning to ask if there was a trolley ban, which there was and that was understandable due to the weather we had been having. Having arrived at the course for our tee time we where told that only 9 holes of the main course was open ( front 9 ) and had to play the 9 holes on the childerditch as our back 9, when we had booked to play the main course, having rung the course that morning I should of been told that the back 9 holes on the main course had been closed. To be honest the whole course should of been closed.

kevinsmith74
Commented On 04/26/2018

Good Morning, Just catching up on some of our golfers reviews and I apologise that you were misinformed. As you can appreciate the winter was an extremely testing one and every day seemed to bring a new or different restriction however no excuses if you contact myself in the Proshop I will sort out a free return visit for you and your friends. Kind Regards Kevin PGA Professional

Played Saturday afternoon course was quite and for the time of year it was very good greens were good they ran true . Great value for money

Three of us played the 18 hole course in very wet conditions and found the course to be in excellent condition considering the rainfall in the past few weeks. The course itself offers a good variety and some great challenging holes and a couple of water hazards to negotiate too. Staff are all very accommodating and the facilities are very clean and tidy. We look forward to returning soon.

Warley Park revisited

I had not been to warley for some time and as so offer my opinions of today’s round as an objective view.

The course, given the very wet conditions of late was in fantastic condition. We played the childerditch/ warley combination of the 3 nine’s available and although a slightly shorter course every hole offered an individual challenge in combination with tough and (even in these conditions) extremely quick and tricky greens. Great staff . Kevin in pro shop extremely helpful, bar staff in the 19th funny and helpful too. Any decent golfer might want this course on his ‘tick ‘ list.

I would heartily reccomend the course and the overall experience

Challenging Greens, Perfect Fairways, Stay out of the rough !!

An excellent course with a harder front nine than back nine but still just as challenging.

Greens are tough to read and in excellent condition as are the fairways.

Overall, a friendly golf club with some picturesque holes, especially the 18th!

Book through Teeoftimes to get a value for money day out !

Highly recommended, give it a go then tell your friends !!

Stunning Course

Played the course on a Saturday afternoon and it was in immaculate condition, the greens were the best i had played all year. pace of play was also good and we were made to feel very welcome. nice patio after our game to enjoy a drink.

Warley park golf course a must for all

Had a great day at warley park yesterday , the course was in superb condition. Greens very well looked after as were the fairways. I will be going back soon.

Challenging

An excellent course maintained very well, front nine particularly challenging.

Story of the melt

I will refer to the club shop employee from this point on as the melt. Arrived a bit early to the golf course, walked into the pro shop and the melt was on his phone, not a big issue it was pretty quiet so I'd do the same. The melt informed me there were no range balls in the machine so we said okay no worries, we still had 30 minutes to tee off so we took a walk around and found there were plenty of range balls not even 5 yards from the area you hit balls from so me and my brother grabbed a few and hit them (no one else was there so we wasn't in any danger from flying balls). 2 minutes later the melt comes out throwing his hands in the air shouting "I told you the range is closed", I reminded him he told us there were no balls in the machine not that the range was closed, anyway it turns out the range wasn't closed, the melt was in charge of collecting the range balls but hadn't bothered to do so yet (probably could have done that instead of being on his phone). He then accused me of nicking golf balls from the club, I asked him if I was hitting the balls back onto the range or putting the balls in my golf bag? a rhetorical question which he had no reply to. Instead he swore under his breath and walked off in a huff. It got to our tee time and as we were teeing off we see 2 other blokes do exactly the same thing we done, we also see the melt look out the window at the 2 blokes on the "closed range" and this time do nothing, just sat back down. As we finished the 1st hole we see the 2 blokes leave the range to go to the tee and as they did the melt quickly came out and got in his ball retrieving cart. Hopefully he found his own balls whilst doing so. The staff in the bar were friendly and the course was lovely, the fast greens are great. I was planning on booking a society day here at the end of June with 27 holes, however, after meeting the melt I'm going to pick another golf course in Brentwood.

kevinsmith74
Commented On 01/05/2018

Hi There, Just going through the reviews from last year at Warley Park and I was disappointed to read about your bad experience. We have had incidents in the past were customers have gone on the range to collect their own balls and run the risk of getting hit which is something we cannot risk. This generally happens on a Monday morning after a busy weekend on the range when the range needs to be collected. Just to let you know we have invested over £5k on a double caged practise net which is situated by our first tee to hopefully overcome this problem if it arises again.Anyhow if you could contact myself on 01277 200441 and perhaps we can look at resolving your negative experience that would be great.

Kind Regards Kevin

Beautiful course if you don't mind hills

A testing course with a lot of hills so a lot of blind shots. Well maintained fairways and greens. It rained heavily while playing. I doubt the course is not muddy during the winter.

A challenging course no doubt.

The 18th signature hole is beautiful

Impossible to hold the greens

Warley Park is a rather hilly parkland course with some good water hazards. The main problem with this course was that was very difficult, if any impossible to get approach shots to stay on the greens, as a general rule the ball would run through the back and off the green. Even when you pitched the ball short of the green it would finish at the back of the green. The back nine definitely played better than the front nine. Not bad value for the money but I don't think I would rush back...

Great course, very hilly, fairways good, greens fast, overall very pleased, friendly staff, would definitely play here again

A fantastic golf course

A very hilly and testing front 9 is followed by a flatter and more get-able back 9 - this is one of the best courses I have played from a challenge, design and condition point of view.

The course was a little wet and mucky around the paths, but understandable with the rain we have had overnight and recently. In the summer, I have no doubt that this course will be pristine as the fairways, greens and tee boxes were all excellent.

I always judge a course by the friendliness and attitude of the members, which were fantastic here. All members that I spoke were very friendly and welcoming, with a group of members allowing us to play through on a par 4 where it was obvious that we were playing quicker - I have never experienced this ever before and was pleasantly shocked!

Didn't get a chance to use the 19th hole, but looked good from our visit to the pro shop to sign in.

Cranham, Havering