2.1

Metal Spikes Allowed Yes

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Really decent 18 holes.

Great condition for this time of the year. Well worth playing. Will be returning.

DO NOT PLAY THIS COURSE

After booking on GolfNow, the receptionist was extremely angry that we didn’t book through the club. I rung the clubhouse to add on a third golfer and was advised to use the GolfNow app to do so, this was very confusing and later led to our not playing. The man behind the desk was swearing at us and come running out shouting at us saying he will have us kicked off the course after telling us to ‘crack on lads’

I then asked if all calls were recorded and he said yes, after asking him to replay the calls he said ‘some of them are recorded sir’ going back on his word. All in the all the man was extremely rude and hostile. I believe he purposely removed his mask to shout at me, which in the current climate is a very unprofessional thing to do.

Will not be playing here again

Warley park

Absolutely beautiful course. Very challenging with fantastic greens. My only criticism is there are blind holes with either no bells or the bells are too short I.e. the 2nd, over a hill, we rang the bell next thing we were being peppered with tee shots. Wood suggest moving the bells way past 200 yards.

VERY SLOW

Very slow round of golf Two hours forty five minutes for the front 9. Standing on the 4th hole I counted 7 groups. After 9 holes we played the other nine (Childerditch) Won’t be going back any time soon.

Pace of play

Round was ruined by pace of play which was awful - took nearly 3 hours to play first 9 - had to walk off after 15holes - started round at 1:50pm and it was 6;15pm when we had to stop - the course is a good layout so it was a shame about this -

Tee Boxes awful and tried to lump us with another two ball

This place has really gone downhill.
Tee boxes were atrocious, pretty much 95% earth, dry as a bone. We've had a ton of rain so really no excuse.

They are letting far too many on, we were waiting behind two groups to tee off on the 8th. Coupled with them trying to lump us in with another two ball (who kindly went and played 19-27 instead).

Used to play here as a friendly club in decent condition but now just a money spinner. I won't be back.

Decent Greens but several blind shots

Course was in good condition & greens were excellent. You need to know your way around as a number of blind shots off the tee & you can easily take the wrong club.

Staff very friendly & helpful. However, it was busy & therefore slow, nearly 5 hrs round.

Warley Park

Staff very friendly, especially in pro shop.
Picked hottest day of the year to play, would love to play again when weather slightly cooler.
Course suffered from very hot recent weather, shame!
Good test of golf and will definitely be playing again.

Double booked two player tee times.....long delays.

Painfully slow round as they had doubled booked every time slot that two players. I understand that they are trying to claw lost revenue back but it made for horrendous golf jams around the course all due to the booking system cramming four players into each tee time.

We returned because we enjoyed the course

This is a challenging course whilst also balanced in terms of skill and enjoyment.
Staff were very friendly

Beautiful course and friendly atmosphere

My first time here and I was struck by how friendly everyone was, from the staff in the club shop, the starter and the other players on the course, there was a lovely atmosphere. The course was immaculately well kept, some great challenging holes and plenty to keep a golfer on their toes regardless of skill level. Will definitely be back!

Good but soooo slow

It 's the third time I played the course, with the first being 2 x 9 holes. The second time I played it was a fixed 18, which was much better and I enjoyed the challenge of the course, but it was slow. However, there were some very poor players that day. (I loved the 18th hole - It's a cracker.)
I played again last week thinking that I cannot be as slow, but it was painfully slow, The quality of players on the course was again extremely poor and we ended up taking almost 5 hours. Never again. There are many courses around of the same or better quality where I can get round in three and a half hours.. Goodbye Warley Golf course.

Misleading information when booking

When booking the course, we were under the impression that we were playing the 18-hole Warley Park Course as that's what our booking said, however upon arrival, we were told we would be playing the 9-hole Childerditch course, (which was in a much worse condition than the Warley Park course). We were also told we would need to pay extra to play a further 9 holes. Very disappointing and ruined the round immediately. Very over priced for 9 poorly kept and poorly planned out holes.

Very Wet In Winter

Great course layout with nice fairways and decent greens. The course however is very muddy, wet, soggy during the winter and some places unplayable. The use of temporary tee mats not an issue but here they are really old and in bad conditions. I have played this course during the summer and thoroughly enjoyed hence I returned during winter, big mistake. Played only the front nine and had to give up.

Not for Winter

After really enjoying the course during the summer thought I'd give it a go during winter. Unfortunately even after the dry periods, the course was still muddy and with that you could only carry and weren't allowed to use trolley. The course layout is really good and some parts of the fairways were in decent nick. The greens were not great but understandable considering the time of the year. Will definitely go back but only during the summer.

walking is good for your health

the layout is good, your condition has to be good and than you can have fun.

Another excellent experience at Warley Park

I have played here 3 or 4 times over the last 6 months - autumn, winter and, now, late spring. The course has been in excellent condition each time I have played and it was notable that the slightly hilly terrain helped keep the course from getting muddy in the winter. All golf courses should be at their best at this time of year and Warley Park does not disappoint. Greens well-manicured and slightly receptive. There are obviously times when this course gets very busy and, if this is not apparent from the availability of tee-times,I would suggest a quick call to the pro to check whether you are headed for a logjam.

Little Warley, Brentwood