1 reviews

Warren Golf Club

Year Built 1892
Architect James Braid (1930)

Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes preffered

Too close on a busy day

We played today and the course was busy there was no parking spaces, for high handicap players the 1st and 18th are no fun you have cars parked all down the right and club house to the left. The course missed direction posts from green to tee. Because there was a comp on all the greens and tees where busy which slowed the game down due to the close proximity off the greens to tees so it was a worry hitting the ball.
The conditions of the course you can't fault and the views where stunning.

Person in pro shop very rude because we were on a teeofftimes offer

Great course for winter golf

If you want excellent greens, atrue natural link fairways then this is the course for you, easy looking opening hole but much straight hitting needed on many holes. Greens are always in good condition and have many hidden breaks and crowns.

Course can be tight for holes 9 to 12 so need to keep eyes open but if you play as I do during the week, this is not a problem. New ownership making improvements; club house is excellent.

Met a couple of members who were very friendly and welcoming as indeed was the Pro in the shop.

For the fee I payed , outstanding va'ue and enjoyment.

real links course

this course is a real links golf course and one very good test for anyone who likes a good challenge the course is well looked after despite the hot weather ,greens in brilliant condition ,its a course which is very enjoyable to play

Course looking and playing great

Greens in good condition and full of pace, course has a different feel in a positive way.

Proper links course , pleasure to play,

Turned up to play on a Thursday which the pro at reception / shop told me was ladies day but it wasn’t a problem and I could tee off as soon as I liked, he said there was a couple of holes playing to different greens but he explained it all veryclearly and pointed it out on the scorecard the course was in lovely condition considering the weather lately and I wasn’t at messy walking off the course at the end. The lad in the bar asked me how my game was and seemed interested in how I’d done which is a nice touch. Food was excellent and a real treat to play and overall experience was very good, if I lived closer I’d definitely consider joining the course.

wet and windy

arrived at course to be informed only 1-10 holes open but could play twice if we wanted to ,we played 1-10 plus 1-2-3-10 all temporary greens ok dried out very quickly enjoyable

Awesome course, tricky weather

What a lovely place.

After a frosty start with the pro shop (we were a little late, 5 minutes to go before tee) we had a great game. The 1st tests you for sure, cars parked down the right and the club house to your left gets you concentrating for sure.

A mixture of nice holes all the way round with a lot having views out into the bay, if it wasn’t freezing and windy in Feb you could picture yourself abroad

Overall a nice place and would recommend to others for sure

Nice links

Nice links course overlooking the estuary, a little crammed in with a few green/tee/fairway crossovers but course in good nic and interesting, a real challenge in the wind. Definitely worth a visit.

Playing golf beside the estuary

The club is celebrating it's 125th year anniversary so you are taking a historic walk when you play the Warren. Be aware the wind will change with the tide which brings its own challenges. You are never far away from the water. Whilst we were off winter tees the greens were excellent and rolling nicely. My friend and I really enjoyed our game which was completed within three hours. I'd play it again if I'm in the area as I'd have a better idea of how to play some of the holes on the back nine especially. Great value and an enjoyable experience.

An unforgettable course

The course is situated on a narrow sand dune nature reserve which extends into the Exe Estuary. It is a classic undulating links designed by James Braid and the great man certainly made the most of the land available to him.
Each hole has its own personality and some of them such as the 7th which invites you to drive across the estuary or the following hole, a par three to an elevated well protected green are thrilling.
The stroke index 1 10th is brutal but overall there is a wonderful balance of long and short holes which demands strategy and skill. Anyone expecting to overpower what looks like a short course on the card is in for a sobering experience.
The greens were excellent in November and the fairways were a little rough but not an issue because of preferred lies. The bunkers had too much sand in them but I would imagine that they get pretty blown out on this exposed little spot.
These are minor observations however and my experience was of a delightful links with many tees on the back nine directly on the edge of the Estusry itself. Everyone was friendly including the pro who took the trouble to show us an aerial view of the course so that we could find our way around!!
I would imagine that it would take a good few rounds to really get to know the course well, but it was great fun on first playing and I will be going back especially over the winter when more manicured tracks are under water!!

Fantastic course

Great greens even though they had just been hollow tined they were still fast and true great views from every hole a superb place to play golf very enjoyable

chalanging

links course (sand and dunes ) 1st time played , played with son . we had good fun taking mick out of each other

Great greens

I found the course ok for a different round of golf you do have to plot your way around at times but fairways have lots of sandy holes and lots of divots, not sure about old bunkers which are now small ponds next to the green and the gulley that you get a free drop from in places.

The greens were excellent lots of slopes and undulations felt like a really great test, enjoyed the round great value but would not want to play all the time good value for money though

Great course. Quite tight in places. Great views.
Greens awesome. Best I've played on all year 10/10.
First time at the couse. Peter a local member joined me for a few holes. Lovely guy and gave me lots of information (thank you).
Will certainly be back.
Gareth

First time we had played here and found everyone extremely helpful and welcoming.

A tough course for high handicappers like me and putting my first shot on the club house roof indicated how my round would progress!!!

Course was in great condition but is challenging if the ball is not hit straight and the rough does not help in finding the ball!! Also deep pot bunkers are not the easiest to extricate one from.

Views are stunning from all over the course and it was a pleasure to play there, aim to return to see if I can get my score lower!!!!

Top Round

Always love playing at the Warren, never seem to have a bad round. The greens are the highlight of this course and are always in excellent condition. Pack a couple of extra balls though, you can lose a few if you're a bit errant.

links

first time playing a true links golf course and it was very enjoyable. outstanding views. if you have not played Dawlish Warren golf course then please do if you get the chance.

Difficulty Extremely Easy

Warren

Quite like the Warren. Unfortunately, it tipped down the day before we played. So half the course was closed and some temp greens. But considering the deluge it was really good. Great conditions to play golf. And will definitely play there again.

Starcross, Teignbridge
St Marychurch, Torbay
Newton Abbot, Teignbridge
Sidmouth, East Devon

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.
Featured Content