Learn more about becoming a member at
Waterfront Golf Club

Slope N/A
Rating N/A

Year Built 2008
Architect Simon Gidman (2008)

Carts Yes - GBP 10

Golf School Academy Yes - "Waterfront Golf Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted Mastercard, Maestro, Delta, Visa

Catering

Clubhouse

Nice Course, Staff So So

I'm never one to leave a review but felt the need to do so for the benefit of the club.
It was my 1st time visiting the course & looking forward to trying somewhere new. The course was good & well maintained with the uphill Par 3 a highlight but the interactions with the member of staff I believe to be called Paul from discussions with other customers left alot to be desired.

Met with disparaging glances from the bar I approached the Pro Shop to pay for my round. Not really greeted or had any desire to converse. Asked if any pens/pencils were available for me to buy as I had forgotten mine, told they were not giving them out. Asked if I could buy one of the sharpies, met with "Its a quid" with a your inconveniencing me now tone. Paid for my sharpie & began my round.

Returned to the clubhouse for a pint afterwards, similar level of interaction when asking for a pint of cider, a simple request you would think. Not told how much & card machine thrust into my general path without as much as a thank you.

I get the feeling this is a tight knit club with not much like for "newbies" which is fine & I appreciate these people are the clubs bread & butter so to speak but compared to other clubs I have been to in the area, the atmosphere is not one I would call welcoming & makes me think twice about revisiting what is a good challenging course to play.

Maybe I caught Paul on a bad day, who knows, but I have always had a leave your problems at the door attitude to work & I suggest he does the same...He might even enjoy it!

Truly a shame as the course is very local to me & great to play but I think I will be looking elsewhere for my next round.

Great test

I have played Waterfront several times and this is a great little course. It may only be a 9 hole course but it’s well kept and a real test off the tee on many holes. The greens are always in good condition and are up there amongst the best in the area.

It’s a very sociable and welcoming club house with good food available. With the driving range proving a good facility to warm up before your round.

Great little course

Great little course in fantastic condition. Bit on the pricy side for 9 holes. But apart from that excellent.

Tw!ts

Used to pay roughly £14 for 18 holes before this virus n now everyone’s allowed to play again hiked prices to £30 for just 9 holes absolute scum bags hope everyone remembers when it’s all over

Commented on 06/07/2020

Our golf now prices aren’t controlled by us for the hot deals which is probably where you got the £12 came from.

Also, the £30 for 9 holes was to make people not book a time online so we could give priority to our loyal members who have all stuck with us through these testing times, and instead of being ‘scumbags’ we needed to give back to them for their loyalty. We were only taking visitor bookings over the phone and on the day of play in order to give members maximum priority and then selling off the very little amount of spare tee times.

I suggest you get your facts right before leaving comments like this. It’s now £15 for 9 holes which is well worth it obviously shown from our full time sheet every single day with members and visitors.

Commented on 06/01/2020

And just for record last time I played it in September I payed £12 for 18!

Commented on 06/01/2020

I’ve played waterfront many times and always paid £14 on either golf now or teeofftimes for £18 holes n that’s probably all it’s worth and when I say it was put up to £30 for 9 holes that’s what it was advertised at on golf now so who’s telling lies you or Golf now or and by the way ever since I wrote this review all waterfront tee times have been taken off golf now !!

Commented on 06/01/2020

Hi, I work at waterfront golf and I can’t believe what I’m reading from your review, firstly, it’s never been £14 for 18 holes as for our course it would be a travesty to give it away that cheap. Also, we completely filled our tee sheet for the past 2 weeks coming out of lockdown, with visitors practically fighting over tee times at £15 EACH for 9 holes, not £30 like you quoted. We invested in new rakes and loads of protective equipment to make the experience as safe as possible for our players and staff which has to be covered. Leaving reviews like this is hurtful to a local business just trying to get out of this ordeal and providing an excellent service to our members and visitors. We hope you understand our frustration at comments like this when the facts aren’t even correct, hopefully you change your review

Frankie

Nice 9 Holes. Not very welcoming.

Shame only 9 holes. Course fine but walk way to 1st tee like a building site, lots of loose grass on fairways etc... Didnt feel wlecomed by staff or greenkeeper type staff. Other players friendly tho! Woudnt rush back unless a very cheap deal to be had.

Rawmarsh, Rotherham