Style Links

Year Built 1889
Architect Weller Designs

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Delta, Mastercard, Maestro, Switch, Solo, Jcb

Wet and windy!

Thank you West Cornwall Golf Club for accommodating us. We had pre-booked a tee time through their on-line system and were able through their friendly and helpful pro-shop to bring the time forward by an hour in order to thwart looming weather later. So we had a great first few holes and then the wind and rain set in which on one’s home course would have precipitated an early return to the bar, but not here because we felt obliged to see the round through and had faith in the English weather’s ability to be intermittent, but we got that wrong. That’s a shame because it is a lovely quirky course I would love to play again in nice weather conditions, so roll on next year when we are likely to return for our family reunion in St Ives.

Challenging course with beautiful views

Tough dunes links course with many blind shots. Kept in good nick with friendly helpful staff. Not a course for a beginner. On a windy day this would be a massive challenge.

The views were nice

I guess I really should have done my homework as this was the hardest course I have ever played on ,on several levels being someone with a chronic heart condition the undulating holes became a real problem for me and I struggled to play 9 holes,the course itself was in excellent condition and the views along the coastline spectacular but also being a 22 handicapper I found it nearly impossible to navigate the tight undulating fairways,and this was in very benign conditions I shudder to think what the course is like when the wind gets up.
In all coming from my own relatively flat course in Bushey Herts which comes back to the club house at the ninth I found this way too difficult for me and I feel this course is more suited to the low to mid handicapper,the facilities were first rate, the bar prices very reasonable,I understand the bar facilities are now open to the public something I will be taking up as I am holidaying close by .

Holiday play

Great afternoon on challenging course with fantastic views.

Stunning views on a challenging layout

Not my first time here and won’t be my last!
After a gentle first hole the second into the wind is a wake up call for your attention is required for the next 17 holes. Tip placement of your tee shot is important, I didn’t get my driver out once.
If you haven’t played here before be careful of some cross overs and blind shots. Accidentally someone drove the 4th whilst I was still putting on it and the ball salied through the green!
The back nine opens out a little more and there are some opportunities to open your shoulders if you so wish.
Greens are very true with great roll
Overall I really like playing here, great views, good test and a friendly welcome.

This is a wonderful course with fantastic views. It beat me up a bit but still left me with a smile. The staff and members were great. A cheerful place that I will go back to next time on holidays.

Good little course

Hi, booked this course to play while on my holiday, it was a dry sunny day but extremely gale force winds which made it quite tough! Most of the holes seemed to play into the wind and had to take 3/4 clubs more... the course was in great condition and superb views! The layout was a little bit off with a few fairways very close by and crossing over slightly. Played almost to h/cap and lost 4 balls! I didn’t go in the clubhouse so unable to comment on that. I would recommend the course to play and would like to play it again in less wind.

Interesting

Misty day, this meant a lot of guess work. This will be a real treat on a good weather day. Beautiful views and the course layout is very interesting and different. Best to use a distance guide as greens are not always visible

NR1

Typical links course with great views

Up and down with a lot of blind shots.Greens quite good, signage poor, great views of sea and Godrevy lighthouse.
Club-house average - Bar food seemed expensive - didn't see any specials which was disappointing as would have eat at the course if they had been making some kind of effort on the catering. Obviously the cook was to busy smoking outside clubhouse. If courses like this want to earn extra then they should concentrate more in this area - probably lost at least £50 as I would have spent more if food available at reasonable prices.

Better second time round

I was possibly a little harsh on my first review. Yes there are a lot of blind tee-shots but they are very well signposted with marker posts. I guess it is my fault if I cant hit it straight! Anyway, second time round I enjoyed the course a lot more. It was still very challenging, a real links test.

Tough for high handicapper

I chose to play West Cornwall as a review of Perranporth described it as golf torture. I can only imagine what that is like then because West Cornwall was tough enough. Too many blind tee shots for me and my family. Lots of lost balls. And it wasn't windy. But if you like links and can hit a straight ball then I expect you would love it. Good old fashioned golf where the holes work around the landscape, not the other way around, so it is a bit hilly and you wont get many flat lies. I am sorry to say we walked off after 15 as my wife was well and truly beaten up, so I cant comment on the last few holes. Staff were very friendly and a kind old member tried to talk us through the course before we tee'd off.

Great views

Good course,fun to play with great views.

Made us very welcome

Excellent experience ,they made us very welcome,
Will play there again

Quirky and fun

Really fun ride through the dunes. Some blind shots, but not extreme. My only reservation on giving this a top rating is that it is a little crowded into a small area, bringing play from nearby holes into the picture.

Valid dates: Dec 05, 2019 - Nov 01, 2020