West Derby Golf Club

White 72 6275 yards
Yellow 72 6087 yards
Red (W) 73 5463 yards
Scorecard for West Derby Golf Club
White M: 73.1/123 285 312 338 373 279 517 126 478 150 2858 536 428 183 413 124 489 386 313 357 3229 6087
Red W: 69.2/117 248 312 328 372 256 520 101 436 156 2729 542 435 160 415 126 464 379 298 381 3200 5929

Year Built 1896

Very enjoyable round

Have to give 5* for value for money, paid £15 with a tee time of 08:00.Course in lovely condition. with friendly staff and locals, will be back..

Lovely parkland course

Great layout, very friendly and in excellent condition.

Absolute Bargain.

I don't like giving 5 stars because it doesn't leave any room for improvement. Have to give 5 for value for money though. With a Teeofftimes deal of 15 quid, I don't think you could find a better bargain. Course in lovely condition. Played first thing in morning and they were already working on the greens. Course isn't overlong but all greens are well protected. Everybody is friendly. Will definitely be back.

Joe lamb, baconater

Great value and course in good condition will definitely play there again

Value for money

Nice course in good condition at a great price £15 each, bit soft in the rough,lots of rain recently but overall great value for money (hot deals). Definitely recommend.

no info

having booked with teeofftimes we arrived at the course to be told 4 holes closed , matts to be used on fairways . then we find 2 temp greens which were just a flag in fairway , lots of temp tee matts in use , overall a miserable experience having paid decent money .

Poor

The course was in terrible condition It was like trying to swing a golf club on a water bed I’ve played better municipal courses won’t be playing here again

Greens and fairways immaculate

Played alone which I usually do not enjoy. Course was better than I expected with excellent fairways and immaculate greens. Weather was perfect which helps. Very friendly with other golfers saying hello etc and thanks to the 3 ball for letting me through. Had no hold ups and whizzed round all too soon. Will be playing again and hope to try the 19th hole etc next time and will bring a friend if i can find one!

Gold

I enjoyed the course and the greens are exceptional , My only quibble is that once we finished are round we wanted a beer at the club house but the doors were locked and we were not allowed in . I will play again at West Derby but not for a while

It's golf Jim, but not as we know it.

Reserved a tee off time for three golfers. Turned up at the course at the appointed time. Pro shop guy, who was friendly enough, informed us that we had to pay a deposit so that we could have three little AstroTurf mats to take round. These were to be used on the fairway AND from the rough.

We took that information on the chin and headed to the first tee. This was a temporary tee box with a tee mat. All three uf us teed off and subsequently walked down the first fairway towards our balls. The ground underfoot was really wet and muddy. We made it about 100 yds down the fairway before we heard the ground keeping staff shouting us from the first tee area. They caught up with us to inform us there was a trolley ban in place and that we'd have to go back with our trolleys and then carry the bags for the duration of the round.

I'm afraid that was the last straw for us. With the temporary tees, AstroTurf mats, no trolleys and who knows what going on with the greens, we'd basically paid good money to fly our balls over their airspace because at virtually no point was a ball to be in contact with any of their grass.

We returned to the clubhouse, when the groundsman gave the guy from the pro shop a gentle telling off for not enforcing the trolley ban (pro shop guy claimed he didn't know there was one). I called tee off times and requested a refund, which was duly organised. I also asked them to call the course because they are offering times on tee off times when, in actual fact, they should just be closed. Yes, there's been a fair bit of rain recently, etc, etc but, don't waste people's time like that. It was pretty annoying and I hope that, in future, they have the good sense to look at their course conditions and make suitable arrangements with any business associates who book times for them.

After a couple of calls from the car park, we manage to book a tee off time at Bowring Park. It's thought to be the oldest municipal course in England and, I think, would be quite good to play when things firm up on the ground. As it was, we had a perfectly satisfactory round, considering the conditions.

Golf clubs.........know your course and plan accordingly for the conditions. By having tee times showing as available when the course was in no condition to be played, not to mention the amount of restrictions that were in place, you are basically wasting peoples' time and money. As a result of my experience at West Derby, you'd have to go some to persuade me to return there, even in the middle of summer. So unnecessarily annoying.

Was very excited...

Our tee time was booked for 10:10, the weather was frosty and the course was frozen in most places.

Picking up our scorecards in the pro shop the guy helping us out was very welcoming to us on such a cold morning. The one thing he did not mention to us before heading out to the 1st tee, was the course was on temp greens for all 18 holes which we felt was a bit of a joke. When I say temporary greens, it was very rough-like, so putting wasn't really an option - disappointing given that the proper greens looked spot on, regardless of frost in areas.

The nail in the coffin for us was the 8th hole, a lovely looking par 5 on a normal day, turned into a 150 yard hole.

At this point, we just cut our losses and walked off.

I realise the weather was very cold, but I've been to a few places in the past who have stopped people heading out in such conditions and rescheduling a tee time, so I was bitterly disappointed. We then headed elsewhere to practice.

Could be decent in the warmer months, expected conditions to be better for a private course.

very enjoyable

lovely course and not busy,which was good.the greens were fantastic as well.the food prices in the bar were very good.this course for the price is a gem and i will be back soon.

Great course, Greens are good.

Enjoyable round of golf with a bit of a breeze to make things a bit more challenging. Plenty of ditches/water hazards to watch out for. Greens not as fast as expected but are consistent.

Lovely course

Lovely course, great condition (especially the greens)

Practice balls on the practice green already there for you and in the nets. Nice touch

Huyton, Knowsley