Westerham Golf Club

White 72 6270 yards
Yellow 72 5958 yards
Red (W) 72 5333 yards
Scorecard for Westerham Golf Club
White M: 70.7/121 338 386 502 148 467 401 336 145 336 3059 483 189 309 187 366 400 455 413 409 3211 6270
Yellow M: 69.2/117 305 366 472 137 462 379 316 137 319 2893 462 170 295 171 359 378 448 390 392 3065 5958
Red W: 67.1/113 296 316 419 108 422 338 287 128 290 2604 402 144 269 150 313 347 402 353 349 2729 5333

Year Built 1997
Architect David Williams (1997)

Golf Simulator Yes

Single Allowed No

keep it in play

excellent golf course. always in good condition. greens are good but a little slow. course gets very busy friday, Saturday and sunday which means very slow play. good test for all level of golfer.

Excellent Course

Really nice course which makes you think all the way round. Some very narrow entries to greens mean you have to be in the right spot. Only pulled the big stick about four times.

In great condition, very well kept. Greens are very undulating but run quick and true.

It's rather hilly, so if you're not that fit take a buggy.

Only one gripe - Teeofftimes confirmed we had a 2 O'clock tee booked. When we got there we had lunch first and were then told it was 1.52. (At 1.40) Not much of a difference but we could have turned up ten minutes later than we did and missed it! Pro explained that they allocate the nearest time available. Shame no-one came back and told us that. In an extreme example the tee time could be a lot more than 8 minutes different.

Annoyingly slow

Chose to return here after many many years as an 18th birthday treat for my son.

The course is stunning with unbeatable views and in top condition.

But, the day was ruined by the pace of play. 5 hours for a two ball in a buggy. Ridiculous.

15 min wait on every tee from the 2nd onwards, mostly due to an un-coordinated society who really needed course marshals to urge them along, especially when one participant stood in the fairway for 5 mins on a phone call.

The round was ruined due to the prolonged wait on every hole, a view echoed by the member playing in front of us. So disappointing and probably would stop me from returning

Nice Course

Really nice course but 4 and half hours for a 2 ball is quite frankly ridiculous

Lovely course in great condition

Despite my fears about slow pace of play on bank holiday Monday we had a lovely round. Although certainly not quick (4hours 20 minster our 2 ball), it felt a comfortable pace and was completely made up for by a beautiful course I The Kent countryside. Not too challenging for an occasional player such as myself but interesting enough and with some quirky holes that would tempt me back. Great condition. Great price. Highly recommended!

Top course

Course in great condition. Round was a bit slow but to be expected on a bank holiday

Great track

Interesting layout with some narrow fairways. Bit soggy at the lower end near clubhouse. Greens med paced and in good order. Really enjoyed it.

Slow Play Ruins Round

I played here a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. On Wednesday it was a different matter. As always with golf slow play ruined the round. Three hours to do 10 holes. Waiting on every hole and every shot. We teed off at 12 and we knew we had no chance of getting round, we gave up.

I had read the reviews of Westerham and people had said slow play was an issue.

The other problem was there had been some rain the night before and the course doesn't drain well. The fairways were very slippery and there were a few times when we almost went over.

Probably won't play here again until the Spring when you know you can finish your round in the light.

A Grear Course and Great Value For Money!!

I'd never played Westerham before and I was very pleasantly surprised by the overall standard. What's nice is that the course feels a lot older than 30 years. The layout is interesting with some memorable holes. The greens were good and a lot of thought had been put into their design. Also for this time of year they were rolling well too. It is a tricky course and you need to play it more than once to understand how to navigate your way around. The driver isn't needed on many holes as it just gets you into trouble. It's about positioning the ball to be able to attack the greens. The only slight criticism is that I think some of the greens need to be more protected by bunkers and off the yellow tees its a bit short at 5958 yards.

That said it is great value for money and I look forward to playing it again and next time off the whites.

You even have the wonderful drone of a Merlin engine from the occasional Spitfire flying in and out of Biggin Hill which is only a few miles away.

Outstanding!

Terrific course, well laid out, with features to catch the eye on every hole. 9 and 18 are real feature holes - but you could make a case for other holes! A tough set of par 3's. Not the longest course, but if you aren't in control of the ball, then you will shoot a high score. Hitting the fairways is a must. Pin positions on the day were demanding, but the greens were fair. Definitely a course to go back to!

Great Course Spoilt By Extremely Slow Play

Love the course & have played here many times.

This Saturday 30th Sept has ruined my appreciation though & was possibly the slowest round ive ever played, anywhere, hence the poor rating.

We teed off at 1336 & took 2 hours to complete first 5 holes & just under 6 hours to complete the course.

There were no marshal's on duty to deal with the the guilty party who i think were 3 groups in front of us. They would have teed off about 1312 & should be banned. I will probably give it one more try.

Course good, very slow golf society spoiled the day

Unfortunately the round was spoiled by the 9 groups of a golf society ahead. At times there were 4 groups waiting on the tee behind the last society group. Extremely slow and wet round, fortunately we did finish in day light, after a 1.00pm start! Lovely course, but second experience of a slow round.

Superb views across the downs

I arranged a great value 3 ball tee time at 12.56, My friends were very impressed with the course and remarked on the fantastic condition of the greens, tees & fairways. The other thing that impressed was the general tidiness all around, no piles of grass cuttings etc.As ever (some other "golfers" chose not to rake bunkers or repair pitch marks but you get them at all courses)

We meet once a year to catch up on old times and I suspect we will return next year.

The Pro was very helpful as were the bar staff.

The full English breakfast was top notch.

Enjoyable course

Second time playing after we had had a society day here. Weather was not good, so play was slower than usual - just under 5 hours for a 4 ball, but with the conditions it wasn't dreadful. Love the 9th and 18th holes, great views at the top and an urge to let rip off the tee, and the green throughout were good. Unfortunately with the wet conditions the bunkers were pretty awful, more solid mud than sand (or mini ponds) but we still enjoyed it! Friendly staff in the shop and bar - good value for money for the quality of course.

Very pleasant and in great condition but unexciting .. can't remember 1 hole from the other .. also , almost got hit 3 time which is 3 times too many ... feels very exposed to errant shots or long hitters ...

Good for a knockabout if you live close but would not do the 31 miles again ...

A golf course worth travelling for

I've played this course a handful of times now and every time it amazes me how beautiful it is. Ok this time we had a 15 minute down pour of rain just after we teed off on the 10th. But as soon as it passed the golf course was back to it's stunning self again. It takes me just over an hour to get to this course but well worth the travel. My advice to anyone wanting to play this course is. Get it booked for a summers afternoon when the views of the north downs, mixed with the course itself are at its best. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Westerham. Great course. Overbooked

I had played Westerham once before at a time when I had only been playing golf for a little over 6 months so I was eager to get back and see how much my game had improved.

Tee time was at 13:28, playing by myself the clubhouse asked if I would join a 3-ball teeing off at the same time. They allowed to play ahead of them which was nice. What I wasn't told was that there was 2 society days booked that day which caused a delay at every hole. At the 13th hole the 3 ball asked if they could pass me. I thought this was pretty rude, I was playing as fast as I could with a number of 4 balls ahead of me who wouldn't waive me pass. Seems I would have been held up by the 4 ball ahead of them and so on.

It was a shame. Westerham is great course, in perfect condition. The greens played very well, whilst it is a challenging course it is also enjoyable (when it isn't overbooked) with great views.

I look forward to playing here again one day.

Beautiful Course

The course was in great condition and well manicured.

Set in wooded surroundings some fairways are fairly tight within tree lines. A challenging course. On a beautiful sunny day was a pleasure to play.

Only critisism was the cost of a power trolley which was high at £15.

Monday afternoon round in the wind

Played the course yesterday and enjoyed immensely

Found the front 9 very challenging - mainly due to lack of local knowledge but warmed up and played solid on the back 9.

Pace of play was perfect and apart from the wind/chill - the course conditions were perfect

Valid dates: Nov 26, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019