White 73 6719 yards
Blue 73 6529 yards
Yellow 73 6288 yards
Red (W) 74 5857 yards
Scorecard for Wetherby Golf Club
White M: 70.7/121 447 361 178 431 284 332 509 145 534 3221 365 169 477 123 366 468 378 313 410 3069 6290
Red W: 71.7/123 451 361 178 431 284 332 504 145 534 3220 365 169 477 123 366 468 378 313 399 3058 6278

Year Built 1910
Architect Alister MacKenzie (1919)

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Delta, Mastercard

Greens, oh dear!

This is normally a good club golf course, with a decent layout, some interesting holes and two great finishing holes. Why the low score? Someone needs to have a word with the green staff. Apparently due to the hot weather the greens were so damaged they are dreadful. I don't mean bad I mean dreadful and yes I putted well today so I was happy with my play. They are so damaged in some areas they hardly have grass on them. Ok so we've had a hot summer but we played Headingley on Monday who made sure they had a bowser to water the greens in the drought and they were magnificent. Come on weatherby your better than this.

Course review

Half way was very good, disappointed with 3 temperory greens in play with no notification of this when we signed in, course layout was fantastic and Holes 17 and 18 were a good addition

Wetherby Golf Club

Really enjoyed playing this course again, especially with the new 17th and 18th holes. Greens were poor, but members explained there had been a problem with ? disease and would be back to normal soon. Kitchen was shut at 4.15pm when we came in, but Monday is probably a quiet day.

Great round, great hot deal price

We were 2 players .The course was in great condition and not very busy before us. The course features a number of long par 4 and 5s which were a pleasure to play.The 17th and 18th holes must be new as the features and yardages did not reconcile with my Garmin. We ate in the clubhoue and the sausage sandwich was excellent but the panini was just about ok. The service was functional but indifferent. A good day out at a great price

July 2018

We have just played Wetherby for the first time since the new holes have opened on 17 & 18. We thoroughly enjoyed the new holes and thought they were excellent additions to the already fab course. If we lived closer we would love to be members here as it is one of our favourites!

Enjoyable

Great conditions lovely course,last two holes being redeveloped so temporary holes but didn't make much difference.Cracking deal at £18.00 and lovely weather,suggest playing.

A good walk spoilt.

Course was under maintenance and only 3 regular greens. Workers all over the course. Just wish we had been told before we were allowed to book. Have played here many times and always enjoyed.

Course under reconstruction

Course currently being uplifted. However would have liked to have known before booking as I would have gone elsewhere. Not made to feel welcome by members - got the impression that as a visitor I was there under sufferance.

I will not be returning.

t1955080922
Commented On 09/12/2017

Same for me. Course in appalling condition, greens cut like fairways and water in nearly every bunker, laying water elsewhere too. 11 elderly ladies in front, couldn't take it and left after 9. Shall not return.

Good course

The course was good played it a few times but going through some changes on the 17th and 18th so not sure how long it will be until the course is finished with its new layout

Very Poor

All of the staff and members we spoke with throughout out visit we're very friendly but very poor greens/fairways...played here several years ago and was in cracking condition but now not so

Two holes closed and two temp greens but generally unkept throughout and not in keeping with the quality we would expect to see from such a high profile Yorkshire course. Disappointed!

Slow round 4 balls not letting through for 10holes

Lovely course but let down by members who refuse to let anyone play through when they are taking 25mins a hole. Played here in the past and loved it but won't be back not enjoyable when you are waiting 15mins plus on every hole. To tee off.

Superb course

The course was absolutely gorgeous and the greens were super quick but in excellent order. I will be re turning to play the course proper when all the construction work is completed as the shape of the new 18th looks fantastic.

It was a shame that I wasn't aware of the reconstruction prior to arriving and the long walk back once we had finished, however the course was immaculate and such a pleasure to play.

Two holes closed ......

Good course for sure but would have preferred to know two holes closed before I booked and paid.

Had a great 4 ball on Monday, The new course layout with the new 2 temp par 3s lets course down a little due to not running as fast as all the rest of greens,The work on the old 17th and 18th holes when done will make a great course even better.We will be playing the course again soon and we now know how to play the new temp par 3s.

Course under partial reconstruction

We've played the course before and had looked forward to paying it again, but didn't know when booking this round that the normal 17th & 18th holes are undergoing some sort of remodelling and can't be played.

They're replaced by two temporary par 3s with other holes shortened to accommodate them so that there are now 6 par 3s and three par 5s under 500 yards

17/18 holes are getting re-built.

The course were lovely but you won't to play the full course.were as the 17/18 are getting re-built. Which I would say were the best two holes on the course. But booking online got a good deal but no information about the two holes getting built.

Disappointed!

I have played Wetherby many times and always enjoyed it so when a friend invited me to play it today I jumped at the chance! That's were my excitement ends. We had to tee off mats apart from the 18th and temp greens were in use even though the weather has been reasonably good for this time of year. I wouldn't have minded if we had been told beforehand! The overall condition of the course was poor by wetherby's usual standard. I will play it again but i will be asking questions next time before I part with my money.

Good course, friendly staff

The course was in excellent condition with the greens being well maintained and true. Very good reception in the Pro's shop making us feel welcome. Thoroughly recommended

Outstanding except for the on course toilets

Really nice layout

Easy walking course

Very good condition

Pleasant staff

Very good value

Just don't use the portaloo at the turn

Spofforth, Harrogate