View of a green at Wexham Park Golf Centre

Dress code Smart golf attire

Snacks

Clubhouse

shambles of a course

this is a temporary course while they are investing to build a proper course, apparently.

what you have at the moment is a 4,500 yard par 65, with temporary tees, greens and fairways.

about 50% of the greens were in good nick, 25% were poor and 25% we downright disgraceful.

I've played at this course a great number of times, but for 3-4 years and not since the current works started. I won't be coming back until the works are completed, which is apparently not until mid 2022.

I can't begin to fathom what is going on here. They have taken a 9 hole and and an 18, merged them together and somehow resulted in this abomination. Granted it is temporary but there is just masses of space as you walk around the course and ample opportunity to push tees back by 100-200 yards or more.

Difficulty Extremely Easy

Will be a nice course once it is finished

I've played the Blue course a few times and liked it very much. What I didn't know before playing this time is that the course is in the middle of the major redevelopment. As a result the course now has a number of temporary holes/greens which made my distance tracking and shot tracking technology useless. It's been reduced to a par 65 and is very short.

I don't think I'll be returning until all the changes are complete.

Course under Construction / Re-design

I understand golf has been away with Covid 19 but what they are charging for the state of the course is daylight robbery. It should be highlighted on here that the course is under construction as being re-designed and a lot of money being spent on it by the looks of things. There are lots of temporary holes which the greens are just short cut fairways and impossible to play on and squeezed in more par 3’s to make it 18 holes. This really isn’t value for money the state it is ; but looking at what they have planned it could and hopefully should be a lovely course once complete.

Welcome Wexham

Please note this review was written during the Covid 19 crisis.

After a lengthy pause in my game it was great to be out on a course playing again.

Wexham is quite close to me, and as if never played it before, it seemed like the ideal opportunity to give it a go.

The staff and set up where very helpful, even as I arrived the gate attendant was clear with his instructions as to the new conditions.

There was plenty of parking and the club feels modern and lively with a very clean and professional look.

The course itself (blue/main 18 hole) was in generally very good condition, the fairways and tees are well maintained, the greens we found though where a real mixed bag, some where pretty good but quite a few where in need of some attention, uneven, sandy and a bit rough, which is a shame as we all know it can ruin a good hole after spending g 2 or 3 good shots getting to the green to find it very unpredictable at times. Mainly though they where ok.

The rough is very rough, long thick grass. Very little chance of finding or playing a ball out of it.

I did think the course is under some redevelopment, as none of my phone apps or watch could pick up the course properly, so gauging distance went back to manual means. This of course is not Wexhams fault, but it did detract slightly.

All in all though, I enjoyed my round especially the 7th

Will I go back?..Definitely

Great value, good course suitable for new to intermediate players.

Wexham Park Blue Course

Played the course on Sunday 22nd December. I was a bit worried that the course would be closed due to the rain we had experienced over the last few days. However, it was open and although the greens were up to their normal high standard, the fairways were water-logged. Unfortunately, we finised on the 10th hole as the pace of play was poor. This can sometimes be the case at Wexham, but on this particular day, it was as bad as it has ever been. The 19th hole was very good , with a great selection of beers and eats on sale. Would recommend this course to anybody, but it would be hit and miss as to how busy you may find your round on any particular day.

Wexham Park Blue Course

Played Wexham Park Blue Course on Sunday 10th November 2019. The weather was sunny, but after Friday's rain, the course was extremely wet. However, although muddy, the course played very well. The only disappointment of the round is that it was overcrowded. We had a 3 ball in front of us who were slow to say the least. As we were a 2 ball you would have thought that they would have called us through. This did not happen and as we hit our first ball from the 1st tee at 12.02hrs, we were coming down the 18th at 16.42hrs a total round of 4 hours 40 minutes!! This spoilt our round of golf and we may think twice about playing the course in the future. It does get overcrowded at times, but unfortunately quite a few of those on the course have no idea of course etiquette and therefore ruin it for others who just want to have a enjoyable game of golf without trying to complete a round of golf in failing light due to idiots.

Wexham Park Blue Course

Played this course with my brother on Saturday 28th August 2019. The weather was hot with little wind making it ideal for golf. The fairways were excellent, although a little bare in places, but in general, top notch for this time of year. The greens we found were excellent although a little inconsistent on some holes. The off-course amenities were first class with a full size driving range, putting green and excellent club house. I would highly recommend this course to anyone who is looking for a pleasant day of golf coupled with first class staff serving ice cold drinks.

Blue Course Wexham Park

My brother and I played Wexham Park Blue Course on Saturday 3rd August 2019. The course was in great condition with the greens running true and moderately fast. The pace of play was slow as there were quite a number of people out on the course probably because the sun was out. However, for the first time on this course we had the experience of meeting some "golfers" who were devoid of any sort of etiquette that you would expect of any golfer. They were clearly green fee payers because their behaviour was not that you would expect from members. To these "golfers", if you want to play golf lads, try and find a pitch and putt which would be right up your street. However, apart from this small aspect of our game, the course was in excellent condition and as I have said before, I would recommend this course to anyone, not only for the excellent value for money you get from playing one of the best courses around, but for the excellent service from staff on the 19th.

Wexham Park Blue Course

Played the Blue Course on Sunday as a two ball. Despite the course being busy, the golf etiquette shown by the golfers ahead of us was excellent. We had groups of three and four ball ahead of us, but despite this, everyone called as through, which is sometimes uncommon on many courses we have played. The course condition was superb and the greens were medium to fast and very true. We have played this course a number of times in the past and you can clearly see the amount of work that the green staff have put in to make this one of the best courses in the area by a long way. I believe there are improvement plans ahead for this venue and once done, this will be a very sought after course to play if not already. The pro shop staff were informative and the off course facilities (19th) were first class. In in all, I cannot recommend this course more highly. Will be back in the very near future rest assured.

Every time I play this course it is in great condition. In the afternoons you can play the course for next to nothing!

I enjoy to play this course. There's a mixture of hazards and some holes can be tricky. A shame is half an hour drive away for me. Good driving range and putt practicing area.

Wexham Park (Blue Course)

My brother and I played Wexham Park (Blue Course) on Sunday 9th June 2019. We have played this course on a number of occasions and always find it gives you a testing game. The greens we medium to slow and were in excellent condition. The pace of play was reasonable although on past visits, the course can become crowded and it is not uncommon to have a 3.5 to 4 hour round. We enjoyed our round of golf and would recommend this course to anyone who wants a good test of your game. The green fees I believe are very competitive and for a course of this standard, offers excellent value for money. The staff and selection of eats and drinks on the 19th are good and the friendliness of the staff is always to a very high standard. I would highly recommend this course.

Lovely course, great value for Saturday morning

Played on Saturday morning and was perfect place. Club house was really nice and had cheap food and the course was in good condition.

The course was in places quite tricky and the greens were fast and undulating. Will definitely come back.

Handicap 14
Shot +15

Lovely golf course

Lovely golf course well laid out , staff very friendly will definitely be going back

Wexham Park Blue Course

We played on Sunday 27th January 2019 in conditions that can only be described as awful. The high winds and sleet made playing conditions as hard as they could be. However, the course was in reasonable condition considering the time of year. The greens were not ideal with many playing inconsistent, but taking into account the inclement weather over the past week, I suppose were what was expected. I would recommend this course to anyone who would want a good test and excellent value for money. The 19th was truly excellent with friendly staff and a good selection of food and good quality ales. Highly recommended.

Scrubby Course

I played the course on a fair day with only low wind. I have to say that I was not impressed with the course. The tees were in poor condition, often on sloping lies and the fairways and light rough were in poor condition and scrubby. There was poor sign posting for next tees and the course lay out was, in my opinion, bitty. So in general there was not much good to say about the course other than the greens were in reasonable condition given the time of year. The pace of play was very slow too. My two ball took 4 hours exactly to get round. On a plus note the clubhouse was welcoming and friendly with a good choice of fare and facilities. I did not go in to the pro shop so cant comment.

Iver, South Bucks