View of a green at Wexham Park Golf Centre

Dress code Smart golf attire

Snacks

Clubhouse

shambles of a course

this is a temporary course while they are investing to build a proper course, apparently.

what you have at the moment is a 4,500 yard par 65, with temporary tees, greens and fairways.

about 50% of the greens were in good nick, 25% were poor and 25% we downright disgraceful.

I've played at this course a great number of times, but for 3-4 years and not since the current works started. I won't be coming back until the works are completed, which is apparently not until mid 2022.

I can't begin to fathom what is going on here. They have taken a 9 hole and and an 18, merged them together and somehow resulted in this abomination. Granted it is temporary but there is just masses of space as you walk around the course and ample opportunity to push tees back by 100-200 yards or more.

Difficulty Extremely Easy

Will be a nice course once it is finished

I've played the Blue course a few times and liked it very much. What I didn't know before playing this time is that the course is in the middle of the major redevelopment. As a result the course now has a number of temporary holes/greens which made my distance tracking and shot tracking technology useless. It's been reduced to a par 65 and is very short.

I don't think I'll be returning until all the changes are complete.

Wexham park is no longer a viable golf course. The 1st hole is now the old 3rd hole. The next 5 or 6 holes are like a ploughed field with a flag in. Terrible Tees, terrible fairways and the greens are like the worst winter temporary greens you’ve seen.
The next few holes are back onto the original course. But the last 4 or so are again just a ploughed field. Horrible Horrible course that I will not play again until the building work is completed. Which I was told will be 2 years. Also charging full price £25 without informing you of the course condition. I was going to ask for a refund when I finished playing but was too angry to bother.
The group in front of us did not play the par 3 6th over the pond, but we did? Not sure who of us played the right holes but we both played 18 holes?
Do not go to Wexham until they finish the work or improve the layout and condition of the temporary holes. Which is at least 10 holes.

DO NOT PLAY HERE

Wexham park is no longer a viable golf course. The 1st hole is now the old 3rd hole. The next 5 or 6 holes are like a ploughed field with a flag in. Terrible Tee, terrible fairways and I will not call the greens Greens. They are like the worst winter temporary greens you’ve seen.
The group in front of us did not play the par 3 6th over the pond, but we did? Not sure who of us played the right holesbut we both played 18 holes?

Darren

Unfortunately I picked to play this course under the GN app about 4 days in advance, circumstances change and I tried to re arrange through GN app was told via app unfortunately no refunds, so tried to call course 2 days prior to booking to move but no answer left no 4 time’s slightly let down by Golf Now and club , just take money and don’t care.

Darren

Very nice course

Well maintained and fun course. Not long but can pose questions on your game if you struggle with hitting the ball straight

Very short course, with new holes in poor condition

I have seen the new Blue course advertised at £30. This new course is worth no more than half that, and most golfers would not accept playing a course so short. You would expect to enjoy the other facilities like Driving Range but this has been dismantled & not due to reopen in months.

Play the Green 9 hole course twice its longer.

New holes are short & in poor condition.
Don't understand why the (Par-5) 16th & 5th have been shortened.
Don't pay £30 it's NOT worth it, with the Driving Range demolished I don't see the point in going at all.

Not worth playing

Normally a really decent track well worth the 35 pounds. But at the moment they are turning it into a championship course, not that its mentioned at any point previous to turning up. No par 5s terrible temporary greens. 20 pounds at best. 4k yards instead of 7k. Really let down by what use to be a brilliant course

Course under Construction / Re-design

I understand golf has been away with Covid 19 but what they are charging for the state of the course is daylight robbery. It should be highlighted on here that the course is under construction as being re-designed and a lot of money being spent on it by the looks of things. There are lots of temporary holes which the greens are just short cut fairways and impossible to play on and squeezed in more par 3’s to make it 18 holes. This really isn’t value for money the state it is ; but looking at what they have planned it could and hopefully should be a lovely course once complete.

Welcome Wexham

Please note this review was written during the Covid 19 crisis.

After a lengthy pause in my game it was great to be out on a course playing again.

Wexham is quite close to me, and as if never played it before, it seemed like the ideal opportunity to give it a go.

The staff and set up where very helpful, even as I arrived the gate attendant was clear with his instructions as to the new conditions.

There was plenty of parking and the club feels modern and lively with a very clean and professional look.

The course itself (blue/main 18 hole) was in generally very good condition, the fairways and tees are well maintained, the greens we found though where a real mixed bag, some where pretty good but quite a few where in need of some attention, uneven, sandy and a bit rough, which is a shame as we all know it can ruin a good hole after spending g 2 or 3 good shots getting to the green to find it very unpredictable at times. Mainly though they where ok.

The rough is very rough, long thick grass. Very little chance of finding or playing a ball out of it.

I did think the course is under some redevelopment, as none of my phone apps or watch could pick up the course properly, so gauging distance went back to manual means. This of course is not Wexhams fault, but it did detract slightly.

All in all though, I enjoyed my round especially the 7th

Will I go back?..Definitely

Great value, good course suitable for new to intermediate players.

Wexham Park Blue Course

Played the course on Sunday 22nd December. I was a bit worried that the course would be closed due to the rain we had experienced over the last few days. However, it was open and although the greens were up to their normal high standard, the fairways were water-logged. Unfortunately, we finised on the 10th hole as the pace of play was poor. This can sometimes be the case at Wexham, but on this particular day, it was as bad as it has ever been. The 19th hole was very good , with a great selection of beers and eats on sale. Would recommend this course to anybody, but it would be hit and miss as to how busy you may find your round on any particular day.

Wexham Park Blue Course

Played Wexham Park Blue Course on Sunday 10th November 2019. The weather was sunny, but after Friday's rain, the course was extremely wet. However, although muddy, the course played very well. The only disappointment of the round is that it was overcrowded. We had a 3 ball in front of us who were slow to say the least. As we were a 2 ball you would have thought that they would have called us through. This did not happen and as we hit our first ball from the 1st tee at 12.02hrs, we were coming down the 18th at 16.42hrs a total round of 4 hours 40 minutes!! This spoilt our round of golf and we may think twice about playing the course in the future. It does get overcrowded at times, but unfortunately quite a few of those on the course have no idea of course etiquette and therefore ruin it for others who just want to have a enjoyable game of golf without trying to complete a round of golf in failing light due to idiots.

Wexham Park Blue Course

Played this course with my brother on Saturday 28th August 2019. The weather was hot with little wind making it ideal for golf. The fairways were excellent, although a little bare in places, but in general, top notch for this time of year. The greens we found were excellent although a little inconsistent on some holes. The off-course amenities were first class with a full size driving range, putting green and excellent club house. I would highly recommend this course to anyone who is looking for a pleasant day of golf coupled with first class staff serving ice cold drinks.

Course under re-design

Course currently under re design and doesn’t justify the green fee, par 65 blue course. Irrespective of current pandemic new course Layout very poor and this new layout should be mentioned on the booking page.
Poor greens and signage to next holes not good.

Wexham, South Bucks