Whipsnade Park Golf Club

White 73 6700 yards
Yellow 73 6395 yards
Red (W) 73 5747 yards
Scorecard for Whipsnade Park Golf Club
White M: 74.1/125 470 365 146 502 411 470 197 415 412 3388 390 549 410 181 379 408 384 156 470 3327 6715
Yellow M: 71.7/123 W: 72.7/125 442 348 138 486 397 450 165 394 392 3212 371 532 391 164 365 390 374 145 449 3181 6393
Red W: 71.2/121 435 308 133 432 360 411 155 359 323 2916 294 470 360 152 292 332 339 140 395 2774 5690

Year Built 1974

Very Friendly

First time playing Whipsnade Park and i could not be happier! the Staff we very friendly and inviting wishing me and my pals a good round. Plus i had a really good deal from Teeofftimes.co.uk .

The Course was well spread out and all the holes had a slightly different feel, this is a long course but very easy to walk (no steep hills) The Greens were excellent even though we have had a scorching summer. I could write lots more good comments. thank you for a great day will be coming back soon.

Nice long wide open course, perfect for a big hitter like me. Greens in perfect condition. Staff really friendly. I’ll definitely play here again.

Awful Greens

We paid £22.50 each for a 2 ball just after 6pm yesterday evening. I thought was I little steep but it was a lovely evening so walked to the first tee looking forward to it. The course looks great with brilliant views across the downs. The tee boxes and fairways in general looked good considering we’ve had no rain for 8 weeks. The greens however were awful, bumpy, long grass and very very slow, it became hit and hope. I understand that you want to maintain the moisture in the dry weather but for what would be a £40 round at full price are simply not up to scratch. I play lots of courses locally during the summer months in the evening and these greens are comfortably the worst in the area.

I really enjoy playing the course but I won’t be going back until they sort the greens.

Bar closed by the time we finished around 9.15. Can’t blame them for that as we had the course to ourselves.

Nice tranquil part of the county but very poor greens

Course looks in great condition but what has happened to the greens. They were like a seaside pitch and putt with bumps and lumps and no pace whatsoever. Played here a couple of years ago and all was fine but for the greens to be this bad in the middle of May is not really on. I would be fuming if i were a member...

Tough test

Whilst whipsnade is a great venue for golf it is also a tough trek, the rough is so punishing and rightly so. Lovely peaceful place next to the zoo, listen out for the elephants, and if you like birds, there are plenty of buzzards and red kites to view whilst between holes.

Ok course

Staff friendly, course well kept, greens good, bunkers not all great

Overall decent course, I just thought it a little bit dull.....no hole really stood out thinking back on it.

However wouldnt want to knock this course, they look after it well.

Lovely course

Really enjoyed our round at Whipsnade. Nice mix of hole layouts, excellent fairways and greens and we motored round in just over 3 hours on a quiet Monday afternoon.

Beautiful course in really great condition and where else can you see Wallabies just roaming around on the course (in the UK at least!?). Right next to Whipsnade Zoo so you get to hear the lions too. There are some really good holes and it's quite open too although there were definitely a couple of holes that i would have benefited from knowing a little better (took too much club, hit a good shot and got blocked out because of a dogleg - 16th i think for sure).

Very friendly too. All in all really good

Greens were great

The course is in good condition even after a day of heavy rain however we got stuck behind a two ball which held us up as we had to wait long time to play each shot once we was let through got stuck behind another two ball so it took 4.5 hours to do 18 holes was not impressed with the speed of play.

Well kept

The course is in great condition and the greens although tricky, are well looked after.

Good value course, with a bit of a wild side

We played Whipsnade as a birthday treat for myself, a surprisingly fairly flat course considering the surroundings I was extremely surprised to be teeing off at midday with nobody in front of us at all.

A well maintained course, a challenging test which rewarded good shots.

We agreed that it was good value for money and would look to revisit again.

The only downside was the standard of bunkers were not in keeping with the rest of this course.

Berkhamsted, Dacorum