Whitefields Golf Club

White 71 6289 yards
Yellow 71 5942 yards
Red (W) 71 5377 yards
Scorecard for Whitefields Golf Club
White M: 71.4/122 361 349 318 359 194 448 450 476 399 3354 188 351 329 435 483 257 184 324 384 2935 6289
Yellow M: 69.2/120 355 339 282 334 175 438 440 460 359 3182 181 340 325 386 465 243 174 310 336 2760 5942
Red W: 70.2/121 284 334 277 273 154 390 397 426 284 2819 179 335 321 366 455 228 163 232 279 2558 5377

Year Built 1992

Great value for money

Course was still nice for the time of year. Greens were in good condition. There were some lovely views and challenging holes. Will go back.

Autumn has arrived

After playing most of 2018 in lovely warm climate this was the 1st wet round in about 3 months.

Course wasnt in very good order with leaves in abundance on the course making slightly missed fairways punishing if you could find you ball.

Took an age to get get served in the hotel bar, and they didnt look busy.

Enjoyable Round

Weather was excellent,

Course was quiet and in good nick.

A really enjoyable round.

Wonderful Whitefields

Very nice golf course with challenging holes.

Great views of Draycot Water. Course very quiet pace of play good.

Course in good nick considering all the rain recently.

Would defiantly play again.

Superdry

Played this course on a weekend where every other course in the area was waterlogged and closed. I was astounded at how firm and dry the course was,incredible considering the horrendous weather we'd had,and by the excellent condition of the layout in general. A bargain at £16 after 2pm,some of the holes are a little ordinary but there's four a five absolute beauty's to, I would recommend it to anybody who wants a good value round of golf .

Terrible Quality

I consider myself to have a fairly standard level of expectation when trying somewhere new, but on this occasion my first experience of playing at Whitefields was pretty terrible. Things didn't get off to a great start when checking in. Unfortunately the guy in the shop massively over reacted to the fact that I didn't tell him that I'd booked our round of golf online. When he asked us for our green fees, I explained that I'd booked it online which was obviously a huge inconvenience for him. This was the first person we'd spoken to at the club so first impressions were not good.

After a quick coffee (actually pretty good service), we headed to the first tee. Now, I know it's winter but it tends to be winter all across the country at the same time (!) so it seems pretty reasonable to rate the quality of this course with other nearby courses that I have played at over the last few weeks. This place really is bad. The tee boxes are essentially on the fairway, they are very muddy, and are not at all flat. As for the course layout, very boring. From other reviews, I was expecting it to be a challenge but it was actually far from it. Very featureless, mostly flat, and not at all attractive to walk round. Oh and being new to the course, we found the lack of signage a bit of a challenge.

Whether the course is in any better condition during the summer, I can't say, but during the warmer months it seems (from other reviews) that it gets very busy with no wardens to keep an eye on the pace of play. I for one will not be heading back and I strongly suggest people considering playing here (or even worse, a golf break) to look elsewhere.

3 Stars.

I appreciate the time of the year however I thought the course was in poor condition. We haven't had a great deal of rain therefore fairways and greens were firm, however it did appear that they had been cut for a while. Leaves absolutely everywhere which made play difficult and even spotting your ball on the middle of the fairway tough. I know its autumn but a leaf blower wouldn't have gone a miss. I didn't see many greenskeepers so maybe that is an issue. I played on my own so cannot complain about the speed of play as there was numerous groups in front of me. The staff in the pro shop were very pleasant and warned me about the large groups in front so provided me with a free range token and confirmed I could tee off a bit later as nobody behind me. I thought the course was a mixed bag, some really great holes in terms of scenery and a challenge and some not so much. Don't think I will play again for the amount charged.

Rugby, Rugby