Type Private
White 72 6579 yards
Yellow 71 6304 yards
Red (W) 74 5754 yards
Scorecard for Whitley Bay Golf Club
White M: 72.1/121 476 422 172 377 391 515 374 352 155 3234 356 414 582 162 390 384 409 189 459 3345 6579
Yellow M: 69.7/117 465 406 157 368 374 501 366 334 146 3117 337 401 566 156 381 364 400 176 406 3187 6304
Red W: 69.2/118 375 388 149 310 340 458 358 322 142 2842 319 340 522 161 372 326 370 118 384 2912 5754

Year Built 1906

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Delta

Worth a visit. A good lay-out in excellent condition.

Despite heavy rain on the day before we played (which had closed the course) it was in excellent condition. Greens were slick and true and were the best we have played on this year. A lot of attention has been given to the fairways and aprons in front of greens and overall the course was very tidy. The only area that wasn’t great were the bunkers but we were advised by the pro before our round that the bunkers had suffered the day before from the significant amount of rain that had fallen. Pace of play was a bit slow as there was a golf society playing in front of us but this didn’t deter us from enjoying the course. Didn’t have time to use the clubhouse facilities however the greeting we rec’d in the pro shop when checking in was friendly and welcoming.

Overall a good lay-out in excellent condition and definitely worth a visit. If I lived in the area I would definitely think about joining this club.

Whitley Bay

I took two friends to play Whitley Bay on Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed it!! I had played WBGC b fore but the guys who are relatively new to golf hadn't. The feedback from both of them was 'when we coming back?'.

Excellent condition for this time of year, great layout and really professional staff supporting th club.

I whole heartedly recommend playing at Whitley Bay!

Spur of the moment

We decided to play Whitlebay GC on the spur of the moment and altho it was raining when we set off, it meant the course was completely empty and it did dry up and we enjoyed a relaxing round of golf. Some members in the club house were very friendly as were the green staff at the end of the round.

Really enjoyed playing the course green where excellent and very very quick for this time of year a real pleasure to play on, the rest of the course was in great condition as well couldn’t play off the fairway unless with a mat but could in the first cut

Very dissapointing

Having played this course about a month ago and it being in excellent condition we recommended that our society should play there. Despite it being the dearest course we have played this year at £32 per person we thought the course warranted it. Eleven players turned out Sunday to find the greens had been hollow tyned and were in very poor condition, the newer greens which had not been done were uncut and 'fluffy'. We had not been informed of this work before going out and we complained before we played to be told we needed to speak to the secretary on Monday. When our fixtures secretary contacted the club he was not offered any discount and under pressure was offered a good deal if we booked there next year. Any course charging these fees should inform players of work having been carried out so you can decide whether or not you wish to play there or go elsewhere. We all found the attitude very dissapointing and will not be going back.

Worst possible day of the summer to choose to play here!

It would be very unfair of me to give bad feedback for this excellent venue but.....
I could not have chosen a worse day to book it!
All of the greens were off due to tining work and the 3rd hole was off altogether!
Teeofftimes informed me the day before my game that 7 greens were effectively off. When I turned up to play the shop assistant told me they were all off and the 3rd hole was closed! This of course ruined the whole experience.
I informed Teeofftimes after my round and they have very kindly given me a credit to play a round for free.
Having played Whitley Bay before I know that it is a great course, so..... hey ho.

Good challenge, especially when there is a head on wind on the 12th hole

Course was in good condition although some of the green speeds varied. The staff and fellow golfers were very friendly. Well worth a visit!!

Course changes & Condition fantastic

Played this on the spur of the moment, hadn't played the course for 3 years and had been waiting for the changes to be completed & matured. Wasn't disappointed they 3 of us really enjoyed the course.

WBGC

Had a great time playing Whitley Bay GC yesterday. Great layout, great cut, friendly atmosphere and fantastic conditions. Only downside was a few greens weren't in the best of nick.... I would happily play there again though it's a cracking track...

whitley bay

fantastic course, some great tee shots over trees/ravines greens good course immaculate .only complaints was the 9th was closed getting a new green put in.split the 16th into two holes to make the 18.club shop worker was helpful but there was no drinks in shop which was disappointing, but this didnt take away from a good day out and a FANTASTIC course.

Tynemouth, North Tyneside