Whitsand Bay Hotel

White 70 5776 yards
Yellow 70 5517 yards
Red (W) 70 5107 yards
Scorecard for Whitsand Bay Hotel & Golf Club
Blue M: 67.2/113 366 291 190 307 353 198 408 466 539 3118 132 526 162 273 402 239 351 368 199 2652 5770
White M: 64.1/107 355 280 176 304 349 170 399 466 476 2975 122 490 154 255 394 235 351 350 191 2542 5517
Red W: 65.1/109 334 234 176 304 256 143 351 455 421 2674 122 490 151 255 390 230 314 301 180 2433 5107

Year Built 1905
Architect Willie Fernie (1905)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Cornwall County Academy Coach"

Nice course shame about the golf.

The course is challenging as well as forgiving for the beginner. The grounds are well kept and the views are to die for. Unfortunately my own playing today did not compliment the course. I will come back here time and time again.

Well maintained course with outstanding views

Played with my son on a glorious September morning with a 0854 tee time. A very friendly pro in he golfshop/reception briefed us and after a bacon bap and tea in the golfers bar upstairs we started our round. The course is somewhat challenging. None more than the 1st hole par 4 355 yards uphill stroke index 3 to a raised green. Whilst not the longest of courses 5537 yards total it is a little up and down hill with a few "blind" tee shots. The views from this course are world class particularly on a sunny Cornish day. Indeed some holes are cliff edge challenges.In the end it was an enjoyable game of golf on a lovely course with immaculate greens. The Hotel below the course offers great value well presented food to put back the calories burned off during play.

Good course with better views!

A good challenging course for all abilities with some quality views of the bay. The course was dry but given the weather conditions recently that was expected, the course was still playable though.

BEAUTIFUL SCENERY

WOULD GO BACK VERY SOON STAFF EXCELLENT COURSE IN VERY GOOD CONDITION

Lovely scenic golf course

The course was in good condition with both tees and greens well maintained especially after the heavy rainy period we have had recently. The course had some challenging holes on the outward leg. we had a warm welcome in the shop and clubhouse. from the staff. Lovely setting on the coast.

A cold day out

On arrival at the course we were told that there was a trolley ban on the course. Not too much of a disappointment for 3 of us but not so good for one of our party who ended not being unable to play. To be fair to the club they did there best to assist my colleague but to no avail. Once out on the course we were greeted with stunning views and a course that was in a fair condition in spite of the recent wet weather (no temp greens). Layout had a few crossovers which wasn't an issue as it looked like we were the only ones playing. Great outward 9, inward 9 a little less memorable.

Great views.

The lack of a practice area and signage is all this course needs. As a first time player here I found the signage from green to tee lacking. The pace of play was slow due to a four ball in front of me but nothing in front of them, but I am not a club member. However the views from every part of the course are stunning a sea view from every hole. It did make up for the slow play as it gave me time to enjoy the vista's. The course is very well maintained and a credit to the ground staff. I for one appreciate your hard work. That all said I would play again. Thanks.

Seaside spectacular

We turned up early to this coastal course and the pro was very welcoming, he also let us out early to avoid being sandwiched amongst 3 senior fourballs. The first hole takes you up hill away from the clubhouse and the second is played across the public road and onto the most spectacular views of any course I've played. Uninterrupted seascape from The Lizard to Rame Head atop the cliffs made for a wonderful setting, we had a balmy day, but I imagine a stiff breeze would add make the course quite challenging. Well tended tees, greens and fairways contrast to some thick rough and gorse so staying straight is more important than distance. All round a well tended course with great views that is well worth a trip.

Brilliant experience, a challenging cliff top course, spectacular views, the course required us to draw on all of our skills to negotiate some very unique holes.

Dunno why whitsand has bad reviews on it.

We found once the fog had lifted the course was fine. It wasn't too wet underfoot. The only thing I can complain about is there isn't anywhere to put your rubbish. Would be nice to see a couple of bins

Great Course, Great Views

Course played very well despite the recent very wet weather - only one temporary tee and no temporary greens!

Would certainly recommend to friends and intend to play here again sson.

Valid dates: Nov 26, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019