Slope N/A
Rating N/A
Whitsand Bay Golf Club
Powered by GolfNow.co.uk

Year Built 1905
Architect Willie Fernie (1905)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Cornwall County Academy Coach"

Banquet Facilities, Sauna

Available Activities

Swimming, Billiards

Magnificent Golf Course

Played a 3-ball here this morning. I have to say that having had the pleasure of playing a number of Cornish golf courses Whitsand Bay was absolutely fantastic - so much so that it’s now in my top 5. Eminently playable but still an excellent challenge in part because of its clifftop location but moreover because it’s so beautifully laid out. Some of the best views of the coast with sheer cliffs and crashing waves. We avoided the worst of the weather although a few sharp showers and a very stiff breeze added a little something extra. It has been very wet recently and the greenkeepers deserve nothing but praise for the condition we found the course to be in. Beautifully manicured greens and fairways, an excellent little bar and clubhouse where you’re sure of an extremely warm welcome. We left as three very, very happy golfers having had a lovely round at a truly amazing price and we will definitely return. A most enjoyable day - a massive thank you to everyone we encountered who made us feel so very welcome.

Overall good course

The course has spectacular views throughout, at time it is challenging but overall the condition was good. Stay away from the cliffs

Course

excellant course with exepetial views played twice but would play again and again

Great Course, Great Views

Concerns about the course after the recent Management change were quickly dispelled with the course in excellent condition with no temporary Tees or Greens in play. The Par 3's, apart from the very short 10th, are extremely challenging for the high-handicapper. The views are absolutely stunning, making your score almost secondary. Will certainly play here again and if you haven't played here recently suggest you visit soon.

Enjoyed it having played a week or two befor

Friendly staff in shop and bar. Shop looked lacking in clothing etc. Enjoyed course on crisp cold day with not much wind. Wrap up if wind blowing in winter months, though.
Played for a tenner plus the £1 admin fee.........great value. Will be back. The old hotel has been sold and is supposedly being converted to flats.

Nice course shame about the golf.

The course is challenging as well as forgiving for the beginner. The grounds are well kept and the views are to die for. Unfortunately my own playing today did not compliment the course. I will come back here time and time again.

Well maintained course with outstanding views

Played with my son on a glorious September morning with a 0854 tee time. A very friendly pro in he golfshop/reception briefed us and after a bacon bap and tea in the golfers bar upstairs we started our round. The course is somewhat challenging. None more than the 1st hole par 4 355 yards uphill stroke index 3 to a raised green. Whilst not the longest of courses 5537 yards total it is a little up and down hill with a few "blind" tee shots. The views from this course are world class particularly on a sunny Cornish day. Indeed some holes are cliff edge challenges.In the end it was an enjoyable game of golf on a lovely course with immaculate greens. The Hotel below the course offers great value well presented food to put back the calories burned off during play.

Good course with better views!

A good challenging course for all abilities with some quality views of the bay. The course was dry but given the weather conditions recently that was expected, the course was still playable though.

BEAUTIFUL SCENERY

WOULD GO BACK VERY SOON STAFF EXCELLENT COURSE IN VERY GOOD CONDITION

Lovely scenic golf course

The course was in good condition with both tees and greens well maintained especially after the heavy rainy period we have had recently. The course had some challenging holes on the outward leg. we had a warm welcome in the shop and clubhouse. from the staff. Lovely setting on the coast.

A cold day out

On arrival at the course we were told that there was a trolley ban on the course. Not too much of a disappointment for 3 of us but not so good for one of our party who ended not being unable to play. To be fair to the club they did there best to assist my colleague but to no avail. Once out on the course we were greeted with stunning views and a course that was in a fair condition in spite of the recent wet weather (no temp greens). Layout had a few crossovers which wasn't an issue as it looked like we were the only ones playing. Great outward 9, inward 9 a little less memorable.

Great views.

The lack of a practice area and signage is all this course needs. As a first time player here I found the signage from green to tee lacking. The pace of play was slow due to a four ball in front of me but nothing in front of them, but I am not a club member. However the views from every part of the course are stunning a sea view from every hole. It did make up for the slow play as it gave me time to enjoy the vista's. The course is very well maintained and a credit to the ground staff. I for one appreciate your hard work. That all said I would play again. Thanks.

Seaside spectacular

We turned up early to this coastal course and the pro was very welcoming, he also let us out early to avoid being sandwiched amongst 3 senior fourballs. The first hole takes you up hill away from the clubhouse and the second is played across the public road and onto the most spectacular views of any course I've played. Uninterrupted seascape from The Lizard to Rame Head atop the cliffs made for a wonderful setting, we had a balmy day, but I imagine a stiff breeze would add make the course quite challenging. Well tended tees, greens and fairways contrast to some thick rough and gorse so staying straight is more important than distance. All round a well tended course with great views that is well worth a trip.

Brilliant experience, a challenging cliff top course, spectacular views, the course required us to draw on all of our skills to negotiate some very unique holes.

Dunno why whitsand has bad reviews on it.
We found once the fog had lifted the course was fine. It wasn't too wet underfoot. The only thing I can complain about is there isn't anywhere to put your rubbish. Would be nice to see a couple of bins

Saltash, Cornwall