Wickham Park Golf Club

White 69 5868 yards
Yellow 69 5764 yards
Red (W) 69 5423 yards
Scorecard for Wickham Park Golf Club
White M: 66.2/111 152 404 351 333 175 425 306 524 337 3007 187 382 143 315 482 431 343 198 380 2861 5868
Yellow M: 65.5/107 145 398 347 325 171 418 300 521 332 2957 180 376 139 307 476 426 340 194 369 2807 5764
Red W: 64.1/107 134 350 331 317 150 407 290 423 326 2728 171 371 130 295 462 408 326 172 360 2695 5423

Year Built 1997

Single Allowed No

The course was in condition

The rough was to long and it would be nice to know where the next tee is a few sign would be helpful

Course was busy and had to wait for 5-7 minutes on some holes.

Course was in fairly good condition but the greens were very slow.

Overall a nice round of golf with pleasant surroundings.

Keep out of the rough

If you hit your ball anywhere off the fairway it’s unlikely you will find it as the rough is so long. Unfortunately a lot of golfers are spending a lot of time looking for balls which really slows down the rate of play for everyone. If the rough were to be cut down a bit it would speed up the rate of play considerably.

Man in pro shop is the most friendly and helpful person I’ve met at any course.

Tortoise

I have played this course many times and it should take 3.5 hours at the most. Unfortunately, there were a few groups playing a texas scramble competition (fours), which made the play extremely slow, some 5 hours to get round. In future, I would suggest that the club make it known that these competitions are taking place, so others can play elsewhere!!

Bad management

Took nearly 2 hours to play 8 holes as a one ball! Manager told me that 1 balls have no rights on a golf course a rule which I told him changed in 2004, wasn’t told about temp greens or that they just had 5 groups go out in a row! I stopped playing after 8 holes told in the pro shop bad luck I am just closing as it’s so quiet if I’d have been 5 minutes I wouldn’t be here that’s at 2.45! Course played ok greens were uncut and quite bobbly

Wickham

Friendly meeting in the Pro Shop. The course was well looked after even after heavy rain. Greens slow but you just have to adjust to conditions don't you!

Clubhouse warm and welcoming. Will visit again.

Wickham Park

Not too demanding, nice course for beginners or people looking for a decent bit of practice. The one small negative for anyone playing it for the first time, was the signage, only about 4 holes with markings, and although there were arrows pointing you in the right direction we had to keep checking the card for confirmation of hole based on "the par", also had fourball in front, who waited till 12th to let us through, we were a two ball. Although that last point happens at many other courses. Now I know the layout, I would play again though, especially at the price.

Ready or Not

Tee off time 07:12, a beautiful morning without a breath of wind, how perfect.........until............. the first five holes the guy who cuts the grass on the Tees was waiting every hole, he cut a bit , then just sat there until I tee'd off and then started again. Hole 6 until hole 9 the guys were repositioning the pins, spiking and sanding the greens. I had to wait 5mins on every second shot until finished and then when I got there they couldn't be putted on, so sandy and the spikes knocking the ball all over the place, spending more time in the air. After nearly 2 hours for 9 holes as a single player I had had enough, I went to the clubhouse, explained what was going on and stated that if the course is not ready for play then you shouldn't have such early tee off times. The guy in the shop just had a blank expression on his face and said nothing as I explained how long it had taken waiting on every shot and it's not what I paid my £25 for. I left the course at this stage as I could not face any more delas. It was a very distasteful experience from a club that normally gives such excellent service.

The course itself is fairly good but could do with a

Bit of cutting on the fairways.

But the main fault is the Tee area's they could do with a cut are to uneaven some with pits feels like your standing in a hole.

But overall a good course

Nice little course

We paid £11 for a 14:30 tee time. Course was in very good condition. Have played here before and the greens have been a bit bare and patchy but were in excellent condition this time around. Greens were smooth and relatively quick given the length of cut. Tee to green isn't too challenging although the rough is grown out to a tricky length if your wayward. Greens are quite small which makes the course slightly more challenging. Very little watr features but fairways/tees and greens all in good condition.

Excellent course for the money but not much imagination to the holes

Would play again.

We welcome reviews

Welcome to Wickham Park Golf Club. Please leave us reviews so we know what is good and what is not so good. We welcome all feedback!

The course is shaping up very nicely for the season and we hope to see you in the clubhouse and out on the course!

Ok for the money

Payed £11 pound to play, staff was excellent getting us off nice and smooth.

Course was ok but needs some attention in places.

Overall a nice round for the price.

Value for money.

A nice course with a few tricky tee shots. Get a round in before the clocks go back.

friday golf

Good course for the average golfer, very good golfers may find the course not to challenging.

Valid dates: Nov 26, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019