Widnes Golf Club

Widnes Golf Club
White 69 5726 yards
Red (W) 70 5222 yards
Scorecard for Widnes Golf Club
White M: 66.2/111 306 421 164 377 358 479 154 314 325 2898 502 175 401 293 344 135 384 420 174 2828 5726
Red W: 65.1/109 302 411 162 309 320 439 143 313 317 2716 438 154 394 247 336 120 284 373 160 2506 5222

Year Built 1924

Greens in top condition

Group of 8 played today really enjoyed the set up

The greens were top notch .

Ij

Widnes

The course was in great condition we had a great day

Shareing your fairway

Arrived at course pro shop closed and no notice to say were to collect your card.Course very narrow in parts sharing your fairway with other golfers coming in oppsite direction on several occassions.

Great day at Widnes

Course was in really great condition, the greens were the best I’ve played on in a long time, great value too.

Average and Wet Golf - Dissapointed

Two of us played Widnes during the winter months (November). The course was absolutely sodden and it was often hard to find (even low) drives which often plugged in the middle of the fairway yet alone the rough where balls were impossible to find. Greens were soaked and left footprints everywhere - the course doesn't offer much challenge and isn't exactly picturess. It is often also unclear which green you should be aiming for due to the cramped nature of the golf course and high risk of balls straying from neighbouring holes. Not a course for an inexperienced golfer.

Widnes' saving grace were its friendly members, who did warn us of the wetness of the course and were exemplary throughout. However, this could not be taken away from the cowboy nature of the course. For the sake of the members and to keep some money coming into the club I'd be tempted to try again during the summer months but only for a bargain price. Disappointed.

MOLYNEUX

To be honest I do not think the course should of been open.

The fairways were very wet and had not been cut obviously because of the conditions,and the greens were spongy and leaving foot marks when you walked on them.

There is a lot of crossing over fairways from the tees due to lack of space.

The members we spoke to were friendly as were the staff in the shop who did warn us it was wet, but that was all they said.

There was no food available in the clubhouse when we finished so cannot comment on the facilities.

I will try it again in the Summer months but not any other time.

There is a rumour that there has been an offer for the land for houses, how true this is I do not know

Oh Dear

A tight course with very little to challenge. Very very wet and very boggy on the fairways. Greens were very spongy and left footprints. Too many leaves on the fairways. Balls were to easy to lose in the rough. A real shame, just requires money to be spent on it. Rumours are a developer is trying to buy the land. I would suggest that the committee should let them purchase and build another course. Cannot see why it has been opposed given the current condition.

Unsafe Course For The Solo Player

First time in 15 years of playing golf that I've played Widnes and will not be returning. Arrived to find pro shop shut, advised the pro was in Cyprus and his stand in was out on the course. Was directed to the first tee by a man in the car park, I couldn't source a course card and so made my way to the tee. Had a pleasant exchange with 3 chaps sitting outside the clubhouse and asked them if they could let whoever needs to know that I was the 15 50 booked tee time. Got to the 5th to find 9 teenage boys on the green, the majority with their faces covered by their tee shirts that they'd removed. For my personal safety, I held off playing to the green and rang the club twice to ask for help, thankfully after enduring the lads hitting golf balls at me and shouting why don't you hit the bleeping ball, a member who was playing the course came over to send them on their way. Was then joined by 5 members who asked what had happened and where were the lads and I directed them to where they'd left the course. Playing the 6th, I was approached by a member who clearly thought I'd sneaked onto the course without paying, proceeded to tell me I wasn't insured and what would happen if I'd hit a house and that I needed to get off the course. He'd seen me getting my gear ready in the car park but didn't think to direct me to the clubhouse to sign in. Needless to say, after a very heated exchange between us, I made him aware I'd paid and was therefore insured. Must be a big problem for Widnes, people sneaking on the course, though I doubt any would be ringing the club house for help, as I did. Shame there wasn't a sign on the closed pro shop door to direct visitors as to what to do when it's closed and that none of the members who spoke with me or saw me in the car park didn't advise me to go into the club house.

Widnes golf course

Very nice golf course, greens very quick and true. Bunkers were well maintained. Fairways and rough in reasonable shape. Course layout was a bit tricky due to tee's being placed next to greens and therefore having to wait a while. Course was busy but seem to run smoothly. Members very friendly. Overall, would definitely go again but would leave the driver in the bag as the tree lined fairways are tough unless you can hit it extremely straight!

Really lovely course

Cracking course and very much plays into the hands of the more accurate golfer. Although very short there are still some lovely longer holes and a test for all handicaps. The course is a little manic in set up in the middle with tee boxes and greens everywhere you look but this is not unmanageable. Every tee box was flat and green and hardly any divots in the fairways. Greens were a little fluffy but it was a Thursday evening when we played. Greeted by a very welcoming pro who also talked us through the layout and very welcoming members who guided and let us play through. All in all a great course and excellent value for money and well worth a try.

Course Review

Great course, played great, the only downfall was the length of the rough!

Immaculate Course, but boring layout and very slow pace

Teed off before the last of a society group it took me 1.5 hours to do 6 holes!!! Ended up jumping through onto the 12 to try and get a decent knock in with some rhythm in play. Can't fault the standard of the course at all greens were perfect. Narrow to play but boring layout pretty much play straight through most holes.

A hidden gem

This is the first time I have played at Widnes golf club but it will not be my last the course is kept to a very high standard

The staff in the pro shop could not have been more helpful

We had an excerlant experience

And excerlant value for money

Widnes GC

Made very welcome as a visitor. Golf shop staff member very polite and we'll mannered. Will play there again

Good value for money bit boggie but too be expected due too bad weather would go again definitely

Great course in the winter conditions

Turned up handy,pro very helpful with condition of the course and winter rulings i.e. Temp tee boxes etc

Greens perfect course holding up well in the worst November weather for a while ,no hold ups friendly members will come again

Widnes, Halton