Windermere Golf Club

Year Built 1891

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Delta, Mastercard, Maestro, Switch, Solo
Dress code Blue denim jeans,’T’ shirts or football/rugby gear are not permitted.

What a Track

Beautiful course, not long but extremely hilly so bring your wheels or hire some at the shop. Loads of blind tee shots and approaches, but the views are fantastic. Not a single bunker in sight due to the course being part of the national park so don’t worry about them. Pro shop was very friendly, and the bar served excellent food and beer. I played on my own and the ladies in a competition on the course very kindly let me through. I doubt you will find a nicer course in the Lakes, will be back when I can.

Very enjoyable round of golf

The course was in excellent condition. Staff were friendly and facilities very good. Some will find the numerous ‘blind’ shots into greens frustrating but as we have played here before we had a good idea of where to play. Would play there again without hesitation.

Visiting 3 ball

Brilliant as always
Great welcome in the pro shop and bar
Course was in excellent condition for end of December
Had a society out in front so was a bit slow
4 hours plus but didn’t spoil the day
Great value
Highly recommendable
Never had a bad experience at this course ever
Thanks to all the staff
It’s a really well run club and the course is always in excellent condition

Lakeland delight

We visited 2 days after torrential rain and found the course perfectly playable. You need to think your way around this course - always allowing yourself to take in the stunning views all around. A fabulous day out.

Commented on 11/15/2018

Thank you soo much for taking the time to leave us a review. Our greens team have done a fantastic job this year with the course in great shape. We’re blessed with USGA spec greens and a course built on natural stone allowing fantastic drainage/recovery times even after periods of heavy rain as experienced before your visit.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.

Beautiful, compact, challenging course

I booked this to play with some friends on my birthday and it was a real treat. I have played quite a few courses in the area and this was my first visit to play Windermere. The course was in great condition and proved really challenging with a mix of some short or 4s, longer par 3s, undulating terrain and tight fairways. The views are stunning and we will definitely be back!

Commented on 06/07/2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.
Great to hear that you had a good day here. The course has been in fantastic condition this year and its good to hear you agree. We've been really lucky with the weather recently that has enabled golfers to experience the fantastic views of the lake district scenery that our course provides. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Excellent all round

Lovely course in excellent condition superb greens

Commented on 06/07/2018

Thank you for leaving a review and we're glad you enjoyed the course. We have some of the best greens in the North of England at the moment that are running fast and true. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Only in the middle of summer !

Made a last minute booking as a I'd heard some good reports about the course.

Wish I hadn't bothered to be honest !

Arrived on time and presented myself in the Pro Shop. I'm assuming the guy I spoke to was the Pro or manager. Anyway, he was totally disinterested... happy to continue his conversation with whoever...

Explained that I'd made an online booking - he simply passed me off and said the course is free for me to tee off. No help, guide or even an attempt to see if I had even booked.. ! Had to ask for a scorecard, to which he pointed he eyes to the counter - no attempt to get out of his seat to assist.

The course itself is 'awkward'. No idea where the reference to 'Glen Eagles' plays a part on the course...

No bunkers as the course is part of the National Trust (sand is not endemic to the natural terrain) fair enough. But it is short by modern standards and was VERY WET.

I was told by a member that the course had only just re-opened after being closed for 2 days because of the conditions ...! In my opinion it should have stayed closed as it was cutting up terribly.

Things didn't improve as we were given the 'hurray up call' by members leaving the 17 th green whilst we were waiting to tee off on the par 3 18th. There were still players putting out which is obviously why we were waiting. If they had cared to walk off the green before shouting out they would've seen this - l
know you get these ignoramuses in most clubs but it really was the icing on the cake for a BAD DAY !

No doubt on a nice sunny day the views and course would appear resplendent, but on a soggy, dismal day with abrupt staff and intolerant members to contend with, the experience was one of regret - not enjoyment.

Commented on 06/07/2018

Thank you for leaving a review and apologies for the experience you received.
We have been under new management since December and a lot of the issues that you experienced have been addressed.
A new reception team and Professional have been appointed to provide a warm welcome and assistance to members and visitors.
Due to the poor weather conditions from July 2017 onwards the course (as most courses were) was wet during the winter but has recovered excellently this year and is now in fantastic condition as indicated by the other reviews.
If you would like to give me a call to discuss your visit I'd be happy to help.
We hope that your experience has'nt put you off returning in the future as our course is a fantastic place to play golf in the Lake District.

Martin F,
Club Manager

great course

a testing course where no 2 holes are the same. very wet day but course was in superb condition.

Commented on 06/07/2018

Thank you for leaving a review.
Our course is a fantastic test and it's good to hear you enjoyed it.

Lovely Course with great scenery

This is a lovely course. Quite hilly with a few challenging Par 3's. The course is in good condition, the staff friendly and a good price through Teeofftimes. Very enjoyable round of golf.

Commented on 06/07/2018

Thank you for leaving a review and glad to hear you enjoyed our course and golf club. Our par 3's are some of the highlight holes on the golf course (especially the 8th)!
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Excellent Course

We played in poor weather... it was raining most of the back nine. However we still enjoyed the course very much. It is not a long course but each hole is unique and challenging. We definitely will come back and play it again. Highly recommended.

Friendly fun and inexpensive

A lovely little course, not full length but interesting and challenging. Quite hilly. Staff very friendly and food services excellent value for good food.

Grange-over-Sands, South Lakeland
Barbon, South Lakeland
Casterton, South Lakeland
Askham in Furness, Barrow-in-Furness

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.