Windermere Golf Club
White 67 5122 yards
Yellow 67 4886 yards
Red (W) 70 4548 yards
Scorecard for Windermere Golf Club
White M: 66.5/110 310 225 249 380 315 355 372 159 270 2635 199 253 363 317 143 186 459 355 201 2476 5111
Yellow M: 65.0/106 303 211 238 354 304 344 366 143 259 2522 194 211 353 313 130 175 445 343 195 2359 4881
Red W: 64.9/105 299 204 233 343 296 331 352 130 242 2430 172 204 298 283 124 152 434 299 152 2118 4548

Year Built 1891

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Delta, Mastercard, Maestro, Switch, Solo
Dress code Blue denim jeans,’T’ shirts or football/rugby gear are not permitted.

Beautiful, compact, challenging course

I booked this to play with some friends on my birthday and it was a real treat. I have played quite a few courses in the area and this was my first visit to play Windermere. The course was in great condition and proved really challenging with a mix of some short or 4s, longer par 3s, undulating terrain and tight fairways. The views are stunning and we will definitely be back!
Commented On 06/07/2018
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Great to hear that you had a good day here. The course has been in fantastic condition this year and its good to hear you agree. We've been really lucky with the weather recently that has enabled golfers to experience the fantastic views of the lake district scenery that our course provides. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Excellent all round

Lovely course in excellent condition superb greens
Pace of Play Good
Commented On 06/07/2018
Thank you for leaving a review and we're glad you enjoyed the course. We have some of the best greens in the North of England at the moment that are running fast and true. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Only in the middle of summer !

Made a last minute booking as a I'd heard some good reports about the course. Wish I hadn't bothered to be honest ! Arrived on time and presented myself in the Pro Shop. I'm assuming the guy I spoke to was the Pro or manager. Anyway, he was totally disinterested... happy to continue his conversation with whoever... Explained that I'd made an online booking - he simply passed me off and said the course is free for me to tee off. No help, guide or even an attempt to see if I had even booked.. ! Had to ask for a scorecard, to which he pointed he eyes to the counter - no attempt to get out of his seat to assist. The course itself is 'awkward'. No idea where the reference to 'Glen Eagles' plays a part on the course... No bunkers as the course is part of the National Trust (sand is not endemic to the natural terrain) fair enough. But it is short by modern standards and was VERY WET. I was told by a member that the course had only just re-opened after being closed for 2 days because of the conditions ...! In my opinion it should have stayed closed as it was cutting up terribly. Things didn't improve as we were given the 'hurray up call' by members leaving the 17 th green whilst we were waiting to tee off on the par 3 18th. There were still players putting out which is obviously why we were waiting. If they had cared to walk off the green before shouting out they would've seen this - l know you get these ignoramuses in most clubs but it really was the icing on the cake for a BAD DAY ! No doubt on a nice sunny day the views and course would appear resplendent, but on a soggy, dismal day with abrupt staff and intolerant members to contend with, the experience was one of regret - not enjoyment.
Staff Friendliness Poor
Pace of Play Fair
Off-course amenities Poor
Course Conditions Poor
Value for the Money Poor
Course Layout Average
Commented On 06/07/2018
Thank you for leaving a review and apologies for the experience you received. We have been under new management since December and a lot of the issues that you experienced have been addressed. A new reception team and Professional have been appointed to provide a warm welcome and assistance to members and visitors. Due to the poor weather conditions from July 2017 onwards the course (as most courses were) was wet during the winter but has recovered excellently this year and is now in fantastic condition as indicated by the other reviews. If you would like to give me a call to discuss your visit I'd be happy to help. We hope that your experience has'nt put you off returning in the future as our course is a fantastic place to play golf in the Lake District. Martin F, Club Manager

great course

a testing course where no 2 holes are the same. very wet day but course was in superb condition.
Commented On 06/07/2018
Thank you for leaving a review. Our course is a fantastic test and it's good to hear you enjoyed it.

Lovely Course with great scenery

This is a lovely course. Quite hilly with a few challenging Par 3's. The course is in good condition, the staff friendly and a good price through Teeofftimes. Very enjoyable round of golf.
Pace of Play Average
Commented On 06/07/2018
Thank you for leaving a review and glad to hear you enjoyed our course and golf club. Our par 3's are some of the highlight holes on the golf course (especially the 8th)! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Excellent Course

We played in poor weather... it was raining most of the back nine. However we still enjoyed the course very much. It is not a long course but each hole is unique and challenging. We definitely will come back and play it again. Highly recommended.
Off-course amenities Good

Friendly fun and inexpensive

A lovely little course, not full length but interesting and challenging. Quite hilly. Staff very friendly and food services excellent value for good food.
Course Conditions Good
Course Layout Good

Valid dates: Sep 03, 2018 - Oct 21, 2018
Book this Stay and Play package to enjoy your stay at the Stowe Mountain Lodge which includes 1 round at the exclusive Mountain Course at Spruce Peak (Formerly known as the Stowe Mountain Course) and unlimited rounds at the Stowe Country Club!
4.4692058824