Style Parkland
Windmill Village Golf Club

Year Built 1990

Interesting

Some tight par 3s. Very busy so took forever to get round.

a well maintained golf course

The course was immaculate but the green-keeper must have had a bad day. The pin positions made it like crazy golf. Greens were like lightning.

Excellent value for money!

The course is quite short, and starts off oddly with 3 par 3's, however, despite it being quite a short course, and rated as easy (with an SSS of 65), it is still a good challenge with some tricky par 3's and 4's, with water coming into play on 4 or 5 holes. Others have strategically placed trees which either force you in a particular direction, or challenge you to go for broke! What makes this course so appealing is its condition - it is always superb. The greens are fast a true, the fairways clean, the tees well kept. For £12 for 18 holes after 4pm, it is just fantastic value. The bar and restaurant provide good food and drinks, and a nice terrace area overlooking the practice green which is in the sun from around noon onwards. Well worth a visit.

Course in amazing condition

Conditions on the course were outstanding greens were perfect fairways immaculate. Course is short but still a great test that good I’m playing again tomorrow loved it

Short

At 4500 yards you can’t really call it a proper golf course. Most of the par 4 holes are 200 and something yards and there is no need for any of the longer clubs really. The 3 par-3 start only really serves to back the course up nicely.

Some areas of the course are nice and they do a decent job of maintaining it. However other areas in contrast really need some money spent on.

Commented on 10/22/2019

Of course, that's why it's in golfshake's top 100 courses to visit for 2020, which is based on reviews left by golfers. Way in front of other courses in the area in terms of condition, whenever I've played it the greens are rapid.

Still, if you like 400 yard boring straight par 4's (driver, 3 wood) and flat, easy greens the windmill isn't for you. If you do like a challenge, it is.

What a stupid review -
I take it you shot a low score?

Work trip

Stayed at the windmill village hotel on a work trip and played the golf course. Was a testing but enjoyable course and really enjoyed it.
Bunkers were out of play but understandable with the wether recently and time of year. Really good course will play again.

Little Gem

This is a little gem! The course all season is in fantastic condition, with excellent greens and lush fairways. It’s not long and suits players of all abilities as accuracy is key. Pace is usually good and 3 1/2 hours is normal. I’d rather not tell everyone about it to be honest..lol,

A real gem

Love playing this course, different to most others having three par3’s to start with, some challenging holes where your forced to think before you swing and plenty of bunkers and water to really make you work for it!

Windy at the windmill village

Played today at the convenient Windmill Village Golf course, it’s a nice course for the higher handicap golfer, plenty of short par 4 holes. It’s challenging enough and you can get through the holes in around 3 and a half hours. The course itself was in good condition but the rain made the greens very slow.

Tight course. Impeccable greens.

First time on this course. Very well thought out lay out. Lots of tricky demanding holes. Greens were in the best condition I’ve played on in years. Will definitely be playing here again soon.

A great little course

Despite the continued heat and dry weather, the course is still playable and the greens are in good condition- much better than some other local clubs. The fairways are a bit burned and cracked in places and the lakes are looking a little low but that cannot be avoided.

The course was virtually empty when we arrived but there were more playing by the end of the round.

All in all an enjoyable afternoon’s golf.

Hot Sunny Windmill

We played this on probably the hottest day of the year, greens in very good condition but rest of course was very dry, tees haven't seen water for months very difficult to get tee pegs in ground. Many of the water hazards were bone dry, but all said I played one of my best rounds this year, would play again but after we have had some wetter weather to freshen it up.

Windmill Village

The course was in fantastic condition. The greens were spotless and probably the nicest I have played so far this year. Not the longest of courses but not being a massive hitter this suits me fine.

I was given a two ball tee voucher for this course as a present and rang the club to book my tee time two days before we played. When we checked in everything seemed fine and as it wasn’t busy we went to the first tee. To our disappointment we saw it was a mat. The first three holes were all par three - each with a tee mat (and not very good ones either). The tee mats continued right thru to the 18th which itself was elevated and seemed unsafe!!

Additionally to our dismay the remainder of the holes on the front nine were played to winter greens which made a short course even shorter – to the point that we finished the round in well under 3 hours.

On completion we went back to the clubhouse to register our disappointment on not being told that the course had mats for tees & winter greens on half of the holes. No one mentioned these things when I booked or indeed when we checked in to play. I left my contact details at the desk and was promised that the manager would be in touch to discuss the issue but a full week on there has been no contact from the club.

We travelled 50 miles to this club so needless to say I will not be recommending this course or re-visiting any time soon. Very disappointed!!

good value money

first time played here, start with 3 par 3s, then mostly par 4s around 275 yards, a couple of par 5s, but suited my game, if you are looking for a course to hit hybrid, and small irons, this is the course, the greens were excellent, although my putting was awful, have to say I really enjoyed the course and will be looking to return, in fact I enjoyed it so much, might look at possibly joining, thank you.

no course guidance

lovely short course made more difficult with fast and sloping greens.
As it was our first time it was very difficult finding the next tee and where to aim towards fairways and greens.
no signs saying next tee and no guidance for the shape of the holes e.g. doglegs etc. but would play again.

Valid dates: Dec 05, 2019 - Nov 01, 2020