Windmill Village Hotel, Golf & Leisure Club

White 70 5184 yards
Yellow 70 4858 yards
Red (W) 70 4636 yards
Scorecard for Windmill Village Hotel
White M: 64.1/107 132 202 153 288 287 264 446 469 491 2732 273 270 190 165 243 256 221 531 303 2452 5184
Yellow M: 63.9/103 122 125 149 272 277 146 400 457 485 2433 266 255 177 160 235 252 216 466 298 2325 4758
Red W: 64.9/105 117 115 144 265 267 242 400 396 479 2425 258 239 164 156 227 248 175 451 293 2211 4636

Year Built 1990

Windy at the windmill village

Played today at the convenient Windmill Village Golf course, it’s a nice course for the higher handicap golfer, plenty of short par 4 holes. It’s challenging enough and you can get through the holes in around 3 and a half hours. The course itself was in good condition but the rain made the greens very slow.

Tight course. Impeccable greens.

First time on this course. Very well thought out lay out. Lots of tricky demanding holes. Greens were in the best condition I’ve played on in years. Will definitely be playing here again soon.

A great little course

Despite the continued heat and dry weather, the course is still playable and the greens are in good condition- much better than some other local clubs. The fairways are a bit burned and cracked in places and the lakes are looking a little low but that cannot be avoided.

The course was virtually empty when we arrived but there were more playing by the end of the round.

All in all an enjoyable afternoon’s golf.

Hot Sunny Windmill

We played this on probably the hottest day of the year, greens in very good condition but rest of course was very dry, tees haven't seen water for months very difficult to get tee pegs in ground. Many of the water hazards were bone dry, but all said I played one of my best rounds this year, would play again but after we have had some wetter weather to freshen it up.

Windmill Village

The course was in fantastic condition. The greens were spotless and probably the nicest I have played so far this year. Not the longest of courses but not being a massive hitter this suits me fine.

I was given a two ball tee voucher for this course as a present and rang the club to book my tee time two days before we played. When we checked in everything seemed fine and as it wasn’t busy we went to the first tee. To our disappointment we saw it was a mat. The first three holes were all par three - each with a tee mat (and not very good ones either). The tee mats continued right thru to the 18th which itself was elevated and seemed unsafe!!

Additionally to our dismay the remainder of the holes on the front nine were played to winter greens which made a short course even shorter – to the point that we finished the round in well under 3 hours.

On completion we went back to the clubhouse to register our disappointment on not being told that the course had mats for tees & winter greens on half of the holes. No one mentioned these things when I booked or indeed when we checked in to play. I left my contact details at the desk and was promised that the manager would be in touch to discuss the issue but a full week on there has been no contact from the club.

We travelled 50 miles to this club so needless to say I will not be recommending this course or re-visiting any time soon. Very disappointed!!

good value money

first time played here, start with 3 par 3s, then mostly par 4s around 275 yards, a couple of par 5s, but suited my game, if you are looking for a course to hit hybrid, and small irons, this is the course, the greens were excellent, although my putting was awful, have to say I really enjoyed the course and will be looking to return, in fact I enjoyed it so much, might look at possibly joining, thank you.

no course guidance

lovely short course made more difficult with fast and sloping greens.

As it was our first time it was very difficult finding the next tee and where to aim towards fairways and greens.

no signs saying next tee and no guidance for the shape of the holes e.g. doglegs etc. but would play again.

Course & Overall Review

Very Good course with a variety of challenging short & long holes. Course was also in perfect condition & an array of obstacles around the course to contend with. Only issue I had with this place was 2 of us got stuck behind a group of 4 slow players who didn't let us pass through - no fault of the course or resort. Would happily play again

Not the usual course

I'm a big fan of this course it makes a nice change to the traditional layout of most courses starting with a couple of par 3' s to start greens were of a good standard no complaints about course conditions at all highly recommend it if you fancy a change from driving the majority of the holes on a round of golf

Played this Course on the 12th June and I have to say the course has improved a lot since the last time I played there. If you like a challenge then The Windmill is the Course to play. Starting off with 3 challenging par 3s. The Course is in immaculate condition and although I only went in 1 bunker during the round you could tell the bunkers alone are kept in great condition. The greens are a lot faster than I thought but are easy to get use too. Will definitely be playing there again in the not to distance future.

Only a short course but...........

The Windmill is only a short source but don't be deceived . It is very testing for players of all abilities and the three par three holes that start your round can make or break it. Good luck trying to get the ball on to the second green and for it to stay ther. Thoroughly enjoyed the day as did the other two members of the group. Will definitely go again.

Hot, Wet & Windy

I had a great game beating my brother, just a shame about the weather - hot, wet and windy - but you can't do anything about that can you?

Nice but short

This is a decent course but like the other reviews I found it very short. I should of played of the back tees to make it more testing. I was able to drive a couple of the par 4's and I would count myself a short hitter compared to most. The first 3 holes are downhill par 3's which was quirky. There are a few 90 deg doglegs to keep the interest there. The course itself was in good condition and the greens were decent as well. The pro shop was a bare with not much in it to be honest although they seem to be carrying out some work. Overall a nice course but a half decent player would easily take it apart I think. Another note was the bunkers had a serious amount of sand in them.

Course In Great Condition

I have played this course quite a few times. The course condition is the best it's ever been. Good tees, fairways and very quick greens !! Not a long draining course but a challenge to any level of golfer.

Windmill Village Golf

We visited for 12 noon tee time (special offer on tee off times) for a three ball mixed group and found Rob the professional very welcoming and helpful.

The course was very quiet, and the only downside was a rain downpour mid-round (typical UK spring weather).

Course is short, but provides excellent balance of challenges playing off the white tees. Good "course management" to avoid water is necessary...

The condition was excellent and we shared with mixed wild life, geese, rabbits, heron and even a small deer on the 9th tee.

Post golf drinks and food in the adjoining cellar bar was excellent, especially the staff who could not have been more cheery and helpful.

Recommended.

Windmill Golf

I was disappointed that there were lots of temporary tees ..... also temporary green on one of the holes .... None of this was mentioned at anytime ..... The tees were mats and not very good at all .... other than that quite a nice little course .... Thank you

Not impressed

Failed to notify us of a shortened course and drove past the flag a couple of times, felt like a waste of money but having played here before I know how good it can be!!