Linville Falls Golf Club

Formerly known as Blue Ridge Country Club.
Scorecard for Linville Falls Golf Club
Blue M: 72.0/133 534 189 319 347 571 443 352 199 427 3381 575 367 203 434 422 439 578 180 438 3636 7017
White M: 69.9/126 456 173 300 328 553 417 338 188 422 3175 525 327 170 408 378 414 523 165 398 3308 6483
Gold M: 67.1/113 W: 71.8/129 394 161 258 310 519 397 317 168 402 2926 475 309 155 338 326 363 478 138 379 2961 5887
Red M: 64.7/107 W: 69.5/119 344 143 240 252 417 340 305 117 342 2500 411 267 102 316 318 313 458 124 347 2656 5156

Year Built 1995

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Credit Cards Accepted Discover, Visa, Mastercard, American Express

Worth The Drive

Our threesome played on a beautiful day in the mountains. The course is very scenic and in good condition. The greens are rather slow and soft so that ball marks leave deep holes when not repaired. The price is right, especially for seniors. BYOB because they don't serve beer.

Good luck finding a better experience

Recently played the Linville Falls course after years of absence. Can't really describe how pleased I was. The course was in magnificent shape and the new owner in the pro shop was super accommodating. Played here years ago and the fairways were dry and barren. They have a restaurant on site and I wasnt expecting the meal I ended up getting at a golf course. The food was excellent and awesome staff. For those that have never played Linville it is beautiful, the surrounding mountains are gorgeous. I find it a challenging course and for me getting off the tee box good is of major importance. For value, scenic beauty, and enjoyability I highly recommend it for anyone.

Outstanding hidden jem!!!

This course is an absolute steal for the value. It is a challenging par 71 that meanders around a creek through the Linville River valley. You are surrounded by beautiful mountains which make every shot a picture moment. The staff is incredibly friendly and will go out of their way to make your round extra special. Spend a day playing golf, visiting the winery and enjoying the Linville area. You won't regret it!

Great Golf courses

This is a hidden gem. Great course for the money. Really beautiful holes. Greens were in very good condition. We will be back to play again. You should too!

Not the same course!

This is not the same course I played 2 years ago! Greens & fairways are much improved! Restaurant now open. This is a mountain course, You must keep your ball in the fairway. New owner friendly & knowledgeable. Can't wait to return this fall!

Very Misleading

My husband drove hour and half to play according to website $25 to play. We get to course told $35 a day, a fivesome was allowed and owner said, "Well they are retired". We were a couple and explained it was poor golf etiquette for a fivesome. Owner said there were not be anymore out on course. He did offer to start us on back nine; however when your experience started out with misleading information took the enjoyment away. Left this course drove 20 minutes to Marion Golf course and had fabulous experience!

TKelechi
Commented On 07/10/2017

I was the one referred to as owner in this review. It was mid week in mid-June. She showed me our website spring special of $25 as the fee for the day. (It had not yet been updated for summer rates). She interpreted it as unlimited golf for the entire day. I replied it was the daily fee for 18 holes. She was unhappy it was not unlimited golf. I would however, honor the $25 fee. At the same time, I let a group of retired veterans off as a fivesome. A very rare occurrence, but it was a slow morning. The writer took note and complained she did not wish to be stuck behind them. I told her I understood and assured her I would ask the gentlemen to delay and allow her through on the first hole. This did not alleviate her upset. I offered her the opportunity to start on the back 9 where there were no groups. She stated a fivesome is "unethical". She asked me if they were my friends and left in a huff. We greatly value all our customers. I am deeply disappointed the writer was not satisfied with my efforts and will return soon.

Hit it straight

Nice course out in the boonies! Very, very narrow. You will need accuracy over distance. Water in play on most holes. Play during the week when it's not busy. Greens are slow and the fairways in ok condition for December. Make sure you bring extra balls

Weird

Course was nice and fun. But the employees were weird and made us feel awkward. I wasn't really able to use a credit card unless I spend a certain amount of money and it was still frowned upon.

great course

great views, great shape, great value . I will be back.

Beautiful Mountain Course

Great August weather for a beautiful mountain course at a reasonable price on Golf Now.

poor condition

Fairways were in poor condition as were the tee boxes.

Has potential but horrible right now

If this is the ONLY golf course in the world that you can play, then I highly recommend it. The design was not the problem, but the condition of the course was HORRIBLE, e.g., tee boxes, fairways, and bunkers. There have been only a few times I couldn't wait to get off a golf course, and this was definitely one of them. It has potential but until and unless the tee boxes, fairways, and bunkers are brought up to at least some kind of minimal standard, the club should be paying you to pay, not vice versa.

High Expectations ... very poor course. And grumpy management.

Stopped to Play Linnville Falls on the way to a mountain vacation. Had very high expectations. Super disappointed. Massive winter kill ... course was in terrible shape. What a shame too. The location of this course could make this course a real jewel. Maybe they could buy a bag of fertilizer or two? Other reviews have talked about the recent management change and the current managers issues with golfers using GolfNow for booking. The two-some in front of us and then my wife and I both got the lecture on why we should NOT be using GolfNow to book our tee times .... i.e. none of the revenue goes to the course directly. So I guess he wants us to spend more money so he will get the $$$'s? Have used GolfNow extensively. I have never have had this experience before. Don't think we will be going back. Also, would describe pro shop's amenities as "barren" .... minimal food and drinks. Again, a shame. The location of this course is fantastic.

freedybarnes
Commented On 06/21/2015

Novel thought , the golf course might want the revenue for the golf ?? Buy a bag of fertilizer or two,this from a guy who spends $20 to play golf !!! Ever here of bermuda grass being dormant ?? Amazing how one guy paying $20 can try and hurt your business!! Who would want this guy as a customer ?? Not me !!

Fairways

Fairways in poor condition, The greens were fast with big breaks

Poor staff!

Upon arriving i felt as if I was being reprimanded by the gentleman working in the pro shop because I booked through Golf Now. He began to explain that he "hates" Golf Now because the course makes no money when booked this way. This went on for several minutes. I was instructed that because of the way I booked my tee time and I was a twosome I had to play the round with the other twosome that had booked through Golf Now. I have played this course several times in years past and have never been treated like a second class citizen the way I was on 3/22/15. It was brought to my attention Linville Falls is under new management. All water coolers have been removed from the golf course as well. I will never waste my money playing there again.

nice course

Liked the course. Its in a valley so not hilly at all. Very nice views. Greens were consistent even though I could not read some of them right. From the back tees its over 7,000 yards. Looks like it would be a very tough course from back there. I'm happy playing the whites. We will definitely return.

Great Mountain Course

This was a spectacular course with some very pretty views of the mountains and some challenging holes. Some unique features included a "rock garden" and a par 3 with a big winding creek in front of the green. Challenging for those with some experience but also good for beginners.

BigKahuna88
Commented On 01/15/2015

Did you see any snakes?

Beware

Golfing here for the first time, so I booked through Golfnow. The owner there does not like Golfnow and you have to hear negativity about it. He also was going to charge my wife to ride along after I had called and was told she could ride complimentary. I will not golf here ever again until a new management company/owner takes over the course. Go play Marion Lake, Boone, or Mountain Glen....they know how to treat a customer.

Gr8 layout, foothills course with nice elevation changes.

Course bought out 4 mos. ago by pro from Kiawah Is., so they are hard working on restoring course conditions. That said greens were the one area that prev. owners didn't slip on maintaining, they were in very good shape, great speed, challenging slopes even on the valley holes. Tee boxes are fine, as are most fairways, a few of them on flat areas have had some issues with creek flooding/drainage from heavy rains in the summer. They are putting a lot of work and $$ into refurbing those areas. Very nice layout with varied terrain. A mountain area foothills course, many holes with fun though not extreme elevation changes. Creeks winding through most of the course, and some great mtn views. Pro shop is minimalist with snacks & pckg beverages so you'll have to tailgate the 19th.

DBruce

I have played golf all over the US and UK. This is a course worth playing. Beautiful layout, picturesque, pretty good conditions, great value. Fair for the ladies also.

Spruce Pine, North Carolina