Cold Spring Country Club is situated halfway between Springfield and Worcester. Opened in 2010 in an effort to bring world class golf to western Massachusetts, the club has since garnered a local following. The par-71 layout is unique in that it has six par 3s and five par 5s. There are also some par 4s in the 450-yard range. The 6,521-yard length indicated on the scorecard can be deceiving since it feels much longer when you're playing it. The golf course has plenty of variety, including dogleg lefts, doglegs rights, short holes, and long holes. Thanks to its mountaintop locale, Cold Spring C.C. offers stunning views that are as diverse as the holes. The vistas from the elevated tees and greens stretch to the Berkshires, Connecticut, and Vermont. From the golf course's highest tee box on the par-3 10th, you'll have a panoramic view of central Massachusetts.

Cold Spring Country Club
Yellow 71 4801 yards 65.0 112
Scorecard for Cold Spring Country Club
Black M: 72.4/130 216 537 131 521 457 257 495 344 255 3213 457 566 405 221 449 175 479 170 386 3308 6521
Blue M: 69.9/123 197 490 106 479 384 230 480 325 248 2939 421 540 387 206 409 145 456 162 356 3082 6021
White M: 66.9/120 162 480 85 413 379 198 431 320 185 2653 408 489 349 180 354 118 414 160 305 2777 5430
Yellow M: 64.2/113 W: 69.3/118 138 376 75 367 349 181 394 292 168 2340 388 440 312 145 325 108 350 102 291 2461 4801
Red W: 68.6/116 138 376 75 367 349 181 394 292 168 2340 366 440 312 145 325 108 350 102 188 2336 4676

Year Built 2010

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Proper golf attire is required at all times. Shorts must be no shorter than mid thigh. Jeans, jean shorts, gym shorts, sweat pants and tee shirts are not permitted. No denim.

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in New England (2015 #8)

Always an Enjoyable Time

Can't beat four hour round on Sunday morning at a good Hot Deal rate. Course was in very good condition except for sand traps, which looked washed out due to heavy rains the day before. It's a bit out of the way but worth the visit for a great golf experience.

Good experience with Hot Deal.

Course was in average condition. Tee boxes need to be leveled, fairways were spotty and greens consistent but need some work. Would not pay more than the "Hot Deal" to play here.

Scenic course , improved conditions

I played this course with the Safari Club this week. The conditions were much improved over last year. There are still many fairways that haven’t recovered fully from whatever disease that took over, but overall, getting back to what they have been in the past
Greens were in nice condition, and most of the tee boxes were in good shape.
Although shorter then many courses around this area, there’s still plenty of trouble to find.

Great condition and greens are running true and fast. Definitely need to play this course now while the course is in great shape. Great job cold springs.

Fun course to play

This is a really fun course. We are seniors and played from the gold tees.

Challenging

Good golf experience, great people !
Dave and Dave were very helpful , will be back

Not what I expected.

The good: beautiful location, good t-box selections for all abilities., and greens rolled well. The bad: checked online for t-times, it said wide open. Got there and much to my surprise that info was wrong! Got sent out right away alone (no big deal - got lost after #2, went wrong way - no signs). Got to hole #4 and I got overrun by golfers who are starting in a shotgun start. Got pushed to hole #8 by a grizzly old-timer and somehow I was suppose to smile and say "sorry" like I cut infront of them or something. Fairways are terrible, so many empty spots. And I will give them a pass on all the mud because it has been very wet this springtime, but drainage in some areas seems inappropriate (top of hills)! I never got to play the 4 holes I missed nor will I go back to try them. But I played golf for the morning - 40 on back nine-, not sit in my offce; and that is a win!.

Cold Spring Country Club
Commented On 05/08/2019

Hi, thank you for the compliments on our course location and conditions. We appreciate you reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course signage and overall miscommunication is important to us. We always appreciate golfer comments and we are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your review for guidance. Thank you for playing Cold Springs Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Favorite course

Considering the lousy weather this year, this course has been really good this year. Greens had that early spring aeration (sp?) look and made for tough judge on the approaches and putting. Fairways were good. You have to stay on them or else your ball is history because of the think woods that line the roughs. Just have to attack the pins. Bistro 21 has the best turn food but they don't serve food unless the course is busy.

Nice Course, Some challenging Holes

Very nice layout, will come back during golf season when not as wet and cold. Like the layout. Alot of mudd to course with all our rain. Look forward to playing next golf season.

Needs some attention

Played Cold Spring for the first time in several month. Greens were in pretty good shape, considering the weather we've had this summer. Unfortunately, the same can not be said for the tee boxes and fairways. The tees had been aerated but not top dressed so had large holes and very little grass. The fairways had begun to green up but had lots of crab grass. Besides that, we got behind an extremely slow foursome...never saw a ranger to help speed up play. In all, I enjoy playing this course, the staff is friendly and the place has a bit of the feel of a resort course. I hope it works out some of these issues.

Response from Cold Spring Country Club on 09/24/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Cold Spring Country Club, in the Belchertown area. We're very sorry to hear you may not have had the best recent customer experience with us due to the pace of play, and we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding the Greens so we may work towards any necessary improvements. We also appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years and hope we can continue to provide you with a valuable golf experience. Thank you for golfing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Wait until the course returns to its form

I’ve played cold springs numerous times in the past and The course was always in great shape. The greens were fast, the rough was cut, and the fairways were manicured. I don’t know what happened to the course now. It just looks like they don’t care anymore about the course. Right now, it’s not worth playing this course. Not until management decides to care about how the course looks first. The only good thing I can say is the bunkers are the best around. I loved playing cold springs back in the day and even considered being a member. Now not so much. Cold spring... you guys can do better.

u00000373172
Commented On 09/24/2018

Very true!

the course is a nice layout but the Tee Box is and Fairways were horrible therewas more crabgrass in the fairways than any other kind of grass. Some of the tee boxes we're actually just dirt. Very dissatisfied. they need to get a Greenskeeper that knows what he's doing cuz this place should be closed

Response from Cold Spring Country Club on 09/17/2018:
Hello Don, on behalf of Cold Spring Country Club staff we appreciate you taking the time to address your concerns as we are always looking to improve. We are disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the conditions of the course but still hope you enjoyed your round. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Not worth the drive

It's a one hour drive for us. I like the layout, but my playing partners did not. The fairways on the back 9 were bad - all crab grass and no grass. The greens are in pretty good shape. They roll well. But there were a lot of ball marks.

Response from Cold Spring Country Club on 09/10/2018:
Hello, thank you for sharing your review, We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our layout at Cold Spring Country Club and also appreciate your input on our back 9. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.
Belchertown, Massachusetts