2.3

Pull-carts No

Golf School Academy No
Teaching Pro No

Basic but awesome

Although the “greens” are sand This is a perfect learners course! Perfect for kids and a family day walking outdoors. The staff was friendly and helpful and we cannot wait to go back.

Interesting

The fairways are straight with no hazards. Its a very quiet course and when i was there there only about 5 other people playing. Which was great since i was playing with my 12 year old daughter who is very new to golf. The thing i didnt care for were the sand greens. Its very hard to accurately putt. For the price ill definitely go again though.

Not my cup of tea

Fairways were like cement. Not all players were grooming the sand greens before going to the next hole. The people in front of us were playing as an eight some. We followed them for the first nine but picked up our ball and left. I will not be back.

About this course

I did enjoy golfing there, but I would like a differant course

Good deal but...

Very inexpensive especially thru golf now.com but the grass isn't real "golfing" grass more like the yellow stuff in your neighbor's poorly maintained yard. The greens are actually sand making putting unrealistic but for $5 my brother and I got some good tee shots in and long irons off fairways. This is a good place to start or take kids because you will most likely never lose a ball and there is no "country club" pressure but its cheap for a reason. I think next time I'll just spend a little extra to play a real course.

Difficulty Extremely Easy

worse course I have ever been on. Have to rake the tees when done.Did not finish playing due to the conditions. Wrong directions given,

very dry conditions, have to rake the tee when done.
worse course to play on. not worth the money to play. Right next to Woodburn drag raceway. Very loud and distracting

Difficulty Extremely Easy

SAND GREENS, yes, that's what I said, SAND GREENS!

Ok, for a hoot, this course is "ok". There is no staff, just volunteers...so, I hate to be critical, but the condition is pretty bad. The GREENS are sanded...they provide you with a chunk of carpet to pull around to sweep them with after "putting". For the price though, it can be a fun little outing...not for serious golf if that's what you're after.

A good practice course

For five bucks, I'd say 18 holes of golf can't get much cheaper. Mind you, this is not a regulation course and I use it as a weekly practice facility. It's less than going to the driving range and paying for a large bucket of balls. I've been told the best practice is not on the range, it's on the course. I agree.

Be realistic. What do you expect for five dollars? This course has only par 3's and par 4's, but it's still a decent challenge for most golfers. Providing you don't bomb the ball 300 yards off the tee, you can use every club in your bag.

Look at it this way, any course is a challenge. No two are exactly the same. I'm fairly certain you haven't played a course like this one. It has nine holes (I play them twice for 18) with a good mix of straight fairways, dog legs, no water hazards or sand bunkers, short par 3's, two sets of tees, and sand greens. Yep, you read that correctly. Sand greens.

Each hole has a green made of sand. Guess that's how they used to do it a long time ago, or so I'm told. Depending on the weather conditions, the green can be fast if it's hot and dry outside or very sloppy when there's rain. Providing it's not wet, you're expected to rake the greens after you finish each hole. They have a square of carpet attached to a metal handle that you pull behind you to smooth out the sand after you're done on the green. It's pretty easy to do and only takes a few moments.

Here's what I've experienced on the course. When I chip or pitch onto the green, it can roll fairly quickly across it if you're not careful. Putting is a different story. It takes some getting used to. The sand is not consistent on the green. Some parts of it can be baked dry, causing your ball to roll like it was moving across hard soil or clay. Other parts have a layer of sand that can literally bring your ball to an abrupt stop.

Reading the greens is essential. Try to find where the sand is thicker and where it's dried, making it a harder and faster surface. It's pretty fun guessing when you need to putt with enough force that would send your ball off the green on a traditional course or only using enough contact to dribble your ball into the hole.

The grass on the fairways is kept reasonably maintained and without trying to compare it to a regualtion course, it's managable. In other words, you can play golf on it. If you're going to complain about any part of this course, remind yourself you only paid a few bucks.

For me, this is the best practice facility anywhere near the Portland Metro area. Yes, I know. It's in Woodburn, but it's an easy drive down I-5. I love it and I plan to keep going here.

Besides, I need the practice.

Woodburn, Oregon