The Manor Golf Club

Formerly Poplar Hill Golf Club.
The Manor Golf Club
Green (W) 72 5723 yards 74.4 141
Silver 72 4260 yards
Scorecard for The Manor Golf Club
Black M: 75.3/145 397 560 406 211 428 581 189 440 452 3664 404 479 174 574 438 197 348 419 549 3582 7246
Blue M: 72.8/140 362 503 391 153 398 561 168 410 428 3374 384 449 142 549 412 158 313 396 498 3301 6675
White M: 70.4/131 W: 76.8/145 336 456 371 130 350 523 141 379 415 3101 361 412 114 526 389 128 281 379 462 3052 6153
Green M: 68.5/122 W: 74.4/140 304 450 363 126 345 504 137 340 370 2939 339 372 107 474 340 124 228 345 455 2784 5723
Red W: 72.5/136 300 371 305 106 299 471 105 337 366 2660 339 368 87 472 330 119 224 341 427 2707 5367
Silver W: 61.9/103 300 297 305 106 299 311 105 237 242 2202 261 272 87 315 243 119 224 207 330 2058 4260

Year Built 2006
Architect Rick Robbins (2006) Brian Lussier (2006)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Single Allowed No
Walking Allowed Yes, with restrictions

HOUSE ON THE HILL

The course has a lot of up and down. Best to play a few times or play with regulars to knew what is over the hill. Greens are so soft , ball plugged. Even with

water in the bunkers and some bare spots on tee boxes

and fairways, it is a fun course.

Hidden gem

Super course, the fairways were a little rough but the greens are true and in great condition. Will play again.

Virginia Advisor

Great Layout, Great Staff, Good Times While It Lasts

My greatest impression while playing The Manor Golf Club for the first time was how much it reminded me of another great Virginia course up in Fredericksburg: the late Cannon Ridge GC. Unfortunately, I found out during my round that this beautiful and beloved course may soon share another similarity; it could be closing soon too.

What reminded me so much of Cannon Ridge was the layout here which is very good with plenty of elevation changes, doglegs, short holes, long holes, and a few blind shots. But having never played here before and having only my golf app to guide me, I was never surprised by a landing zone or a green location, it’s all well laid out, natural-looking and fair.

I played in the morning when the relatively flat greens were soft and wet which made scoring well very doable (just not with my atrocious putting woes at the moment). Overall conditions were good, even very good considering the vast amount of rain the area had received in the days and weeks prior. There was no need for cart-path-only, the course drains very well and the only mud my ball found was in the bunker. Understandably, the bunkers were not in great shape and the greens had grooves in them but they didn’t affect roll on putts so I didn’t mind.

The staff here is excellent, the pro shop attendant even walked out to grab a cart and scorecard for me and showed me to the first tee. A greenskeeper who was valiantly trying to mow the fast-growing rough as quickly as possible stopped to chat for a moment and it was then I learned that without relief, the course is slated to close; possibly at the end of the summer.

That news definitely put a bit of a damper on my round but I am glad I got out here to play because this is a really good track and I hope I have not played it for the last time.

Fair value with Unique Layout

Paid 30.00 to play 18 on a Friday morning. Very beautiful course! Our group loved the front 9 and thought the back 9 layout was quite a bit tougher. Lots of blind holes and precision required that seemed too impractical. It also rained heavily three days before our round and nearly all the bunkers were washed out or full of mud. Greens rolled nicely but were not super fast. Overall a good value for the price. It’s worth going to play for the views and uniqueness. Could be a very memorable course with a little more maintenance. $30 was a fair price

Spectacular course

The Manor is challenging for an average golfer, but well worth playing. Beautiful scenery, friendly staff, varied layout; all the things we love about a course. It was in really good shape even for winter.

Super course

This is a challenging course that will make you use all of the club's in your bag. Super layout.

Beautiful day!

My first time at The Manor, I will return.

I scored fairly well, would've been a couple of strokes better if I knew the layout, this was my first time here. Greens were very quick, possibly the fastest I've played this year, fairways were a little hard, as there hasn't been any rain for a few days. Overall, great course!

Course fairways were in dire need of rebuilding - had to roll the ball on most fairways to hit off grass. The Value For The Money rating is because it was so cheap. I would not pay the normal $49 rate to play this course.

Great deal

I grabbed a hot deal for $17 .cant beat it. Great challenging fun , a bit. Of a Greco from c'ville but the weather was nice so I didn't mind it. Good greens which really hold you shot and put true. I really enjoy this course

Fairways?

I have always loved The Manor and the layout. Greens are always in great shape. It was noticeable though that the fairways are no longer just bent grass. They have let them go a bit. Lots of crabgrass and bermuda. Obviously the ownership needs to keep the greens in shape to be competitive. They have cut them in some so it was noticeable that a couple were smaller. Also they removed a couple bunkers and let them grow in.

Very challenging course not real long but gives you something to think about before each shot

This course set up real nice. It gave me a chance to use every club In my bag. Ball placement at a premium on a lot of holes. You just don't get out your driver and rip it. You do need a course layout sheet. It helps if you go with someone familiar with the course. Fairways were really dry probably hadn't had any rain in a month that's the only reason I gave it average on course conditions. Although the greens were in excellent shape. The greens had a soft landing when balls hit but super fast when putting on them. Real nice practice driving area plus big practice putting green. I would suggest you practice putting if nothing else so you can get adjusted to green speed.

Upon driving up to the complex I was impressed. The view was beautiful. I didn't know what to expect when I first saw the cart barn and clubhouse but upon entering the pro shop I was met by a very friendly staff member. The staff member was very professional and polite. The course was beautiful and in good condition. I will definitely recommend this course and try to play it again. Unfortunately I had to leave after nine holes due to a scheduling conflict.

Never Again

Let me start my saying that I will never trust a GA review again. This was simply the worst golf experience of my life. The course is in such poor shape they should not take people's money. Period - end of story.

The mannor first time experience

I got a good rate on golf now so decided to take the trip out to FarmVille from Richmond the staff was friendly and courteous. The course conditions were alright I'm sure durin the summer it is immaculate. The only down fall of this course is you drive a good distance to the next tee box, also there are a few blind tee shots would have been nice to have a aiming stick placed in the fairway. The only complaint that I have is that there was no water on the course and that there was no ball washers on the cart or on the course. Over all shot a 87 and my buddy an 84 not bad for the second round of the year

This course rates among one of my favorites

The golf course was in excellent condition and had an assortment of player friendly holes as well as an equal amount of holes where familiarity and a yardage book played a vital role in scoring well. The fairways were in excellent condition for this time of the year and the greens held and were quite quick. Of the bunkers which were not marked as GUR were consistent. The putting was a true example of the quickness of the green on the course.

Wish it wasn't so far from Richmond

Challenging but fair (white tees). Great views all over the course. Greens & Tres are in great shape. Some of the fairways need some work. I will return

Greens in good shape - challenging course

Greens were in really good shape, especially considering the challenging weather we've had this summer. Fairways had some poor spots, but seemed to be in line with other courses in the Richmond area. Course was a lot more challenging than I remembered from 5 years ago. Lost two balls in the rough that I saw go in. Course does not open until 7:30, so if you have the first tee time like we did, don't get there too early.

Value price conditions lacking

I have played this course several times in the past years. The fairways were always wet. Today they were ok but alot of bare/dead spots. Also different types of grass in them. The greens were in great condition. We got a Hot Deal so can't complain a lot. If you are looking to play an 18 hole course that can be challenging but at a great deal then play the Manor. Plays better when it is drier.

Response from The Manor Golf Club on 11/16/2016:
Thank you for your review, K1537234! We are working hard to constantly improve the course and we appreciate you playing our course. Please come back for your next round soon!
Farmville, Virginia