Staff Friendliness

Formerly Poplar Hill Golf Club.
The Manor Golf Club
Green (W) 72 5723 yards 74.4 141
Silver 72 4260 yards
Scorecard for The Manor Golf Club
Black M: 75.3/145 397 560 406 211 428 581 189 440 452 3664 404 479 174 574 438 197 348 419 549 3582 7246
Blue M: 72.8/140 362 503 391 153 398 561 168 410 428 3374 384 449 142 549 412 158 313 396 498 3301 6675
White M: 70.4/131 W: 76.8/145 336 456 371 130 350 523 141 379 415 3101 361 412 114 526 389 128 281 379 462 3052 6153
Green M: 68.5/122 W: 74.4/140 304 450 363 126 345 504 137 340 370 2939 339 372 107 474 340 124 228 345 455 2784 5723
Red W: 72.5/136 300 371 305 106 299 471 105 337 366 2660 339 368 87 472 330 119 224 341 427 2707 5367
Silver W: 61.9/103 300 297 305 106 299 311 105 237 242 2202 261 272 87 315 243 119 224 207 330 2058 4260

Year Built 2006
Architect Rick Robbins (2006) Brian Lussier (2006)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Single Allowed No
Walking Allowed Yes, with restrictions

Pace of Play Average
Off-course amenities Fair

HOUSE ON THE HILL

The course has a lot of up and down. Best to play a few times or play with regulars to knew what is over the hill. Greens are so soft , ball plugged. Even with water in the bunkers and some bare spots on tee boxes and fairways, it is a fun course.
Off-course amenities Average

Hidden gem

Super course, the fairways were a little rough but the greens are true and in great condition. Will play again.
Off-course amenities Excellent
Virginia Advisor

Great Layout, Great Staff, Good Times While It Lasts

My greatest impression while playing The Manor Golf Club for the first time was how much it reminded me of another great Virginia course up in Fredericksburg: the late Cannon Ridge GC. Unfortunately, I found out during my round that this beautiful and beloved course may soon share another similarity; it could be closing soon too. What reminded me so much of Cannon Ridge was the layout here which is very good with plenty of elevation changes, doglegs, short holes, long holes, and a few blind shots. But having never played here before and having only my golf app to guide me, I was never surprised by a landing zone or a green location, it’s all well laid out, natural-looking and fair. I played in the morning when the relatively flat greens were soft and wet which made scoring well very doable (just not with my atrocious putting woes at the moment). Overall conditions were good, even very good considering the vast amount of rain the area had received in the days and weeks prior. There was no need for cart-path-only, the course drains very well and the only mud my ball found was in the bunker. Understandably, the bunkers were not in great shape and the greens had grooves in them but they didn’t affect roll on putts so I didn’t mind. The staff here is excellent, the pro shop attendant even walked out to grab a cart and scorecard for me and showed me to the first tee. A greenskeeper who was valiantly trying to mow the fast-growing rough as quickly as possible stopped to chat for a moment and it was then I learned that without relief, the course is slated to close; possibly at the end of the summer. That news definitely put a bit of a damper on my round but I am glad I got out here to play because this is a really good track and I hope I have not played it for the last time.
Off-course amenities Fair

Fair value with Unique Layout

Paid 30.00 to play 18 on a Friday morning. Very beautiful course! Our group loved the front 9 and thought the back 9 layout was quite a bit tougher. Lots of blind holes and precision required that seemed too impractical. It also rained heavily three days before our round and nearly all the bunkers were washed out or full of mud. Greens rolled nicely but were not super fast. Overall a good value for the price. It’s worth going to play for the views and uniqueness. Could be a very memorable course with a little more maintenance. $30 was a fair price
Staff Friendliness Good

Spectacular course

The Manor is challenging for an average golfer, but well worth playing. Beautiful scenery, friendly staff, varied layout; all the things we love about a course. It was in really good shape even for winter.

Super course

This is a challenging course that will make you use all of the club's in your bag. Super layout.
Off-course amenities Excellent
Pace of Play Good

Beautiful day!

My first time at The Manor, I will return. I scored fairly well, would've been a couple of strokes better if I knew the layout, this was my first time here. Greens were very quick, possibly the fastest I've played this year, fairways were a little hard, as there hasn't been any rain for a few days. Overall, great course!
Staff Friendliness Good
Course Layout Excellent
Course fairways were in dire need of rebuilding - had to roll the ball on most fairways to hit off grass. The Value For The Money rating is because it was so cheap. I would not pay the normal $49 rate to play this course.

Valid dates: Aug 13, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019