The Manor Golf Club

GPS: No

Dress code: Proper attire is required.

Green (W) 72 5723 yards 74.4 140
Silver 72 4260 yards N/A N/A

Location is worth the drive   Great for wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers   Challenges include elevation changes water hazards forced carries

"Great Layout, Great Staff, Good Times While It Lasts"

MizunoBen's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2018

My greatest impression while playing The Manor Golf Club for the first time was how much it reminded me of another great Virginia course up in Fredericksburg: the late Cannon Ridge GC. Unfortunately, I found out during my round that this beautiful and beloved course may soon share another similarity; it could be closing soon too.

What reminded me so much of Cannon Ridge was the layout here which is very good with plenty of elevation changes, doglegs, short holes, long holes, and a few blind shots. But having never played here before and having only my golf app to guide me, I was never surprised by a landing zone or a green location, it’s all well laid out, natural-looking and fair.

I played in the morning when the relatively flat greens were soft and wet which made scoring well very doable (just not with my atrocious putting woes at the moment). Overall conditions were good, even very good considering the vast amount of rain the area had received in the days and weeks prior. There was no need for cart-path-only, the course drains very well and the only mud my ball found was in the bunker. Understandably, the bunkers were not in great shape and the greens had grooves in them but they didn’t affect roll on putts so I didn’t mind.

The staff here is excellent, the pro shop attendant even walked out to grab a cart and scorecard for me and showed me to the first tee. A greenskeeper who was valiantly trying to mow the fast-growing rough as quickly as possible stopped to chat for a moment and it was then I learned that without relief, the course is slated to close; possibly at the end of the summer.

That news definitely put a bit of a damper on my round but I am glad I got out here to play because this is a really good track and I hope I have not played it for the last time.

"Fair value with Unique Layout"

austin8381412's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/25/2018

Paid 30.00 to play 18 on a Friday morning. Very beautiful course! Our group loved the front 9 and thought the back 9 layout was quite a bit tougher. Lots of blind holes and precision required that seemed too impractical. It also rained heavily three days before our round and nearly all the bunkers were washed out or full of mud. Greens rolled nicely but were not super fast. Overall a good value for the price. It’s worth going to play for the views and uniqueness. Could be a very memorable course with a little more maintenance. $30 was a fair price

"Spectacular course"

smp73's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/30/2017

The Manor is challenging for an average golfer, but well worth playing. Beautiful scenery, friendly staff, varied layout; all the things we love about a course. It was in really good shape even for winter.

"Super course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/30/2017

This is a challenging course that will make you use all of the club's in your bag. Super layout.

Timcup75's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/24/2017

"Beautiful day!"

u000005311947's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/19/2017

My first time at The Manor, I will return.

I scored fairly well, would've been a couple of strokes better if I knew the layout, this was my first time here. Greens were very quick, possibly the fastest I've played this year, fairways were a little hard, as there hasn't been any rain for a few days. Overall, great course!

Parcell's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/10/2017

Course fairways were in dire need of rebuilding - had to roll the ball on most fairways to hit off grass. The Value For The Money rating is because it was so cheap. I would not pay the normal $49 rate to play this course.

"Great deal"

Richp99's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/09/2017

I grabbed a hot deal for $17 .cant beat it. Great challenging fun , a bit. Of a Greco from c'ville but the weather was nice so I didn't mind it. Good greens which really hold you shot and put true. I really enjoy this course

"Fairways?"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/08/2017

I have always loved The Manor and the layout. Greens are always in great shape. It was noticeable though that the fairways are no longer just bent grass. They have let them go a bit. Lots of crabgrass and bermuda. Obviously the ownership needs to keep the greens in shape to be competitive. They have cut them in some so it was noticeable that a couple were smaller. Also they removed a couple bunkers and let them grow in.

"Very challenging course not real long but gives you something to think about before each shot"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/05/2017

This course set up real nice. It gave me a chance to use every club In my bag. Ball placement at a premium on a lot of holes. You just don't get out your driver and rip it. You do need a course layout sheet. It helps if you go with someone familiar with the course. Fairways were really dry probably hadn't had any rain in a month that's the only reason I gave it average on course conditions. Although the greens were in excellent shape. The greens had a soft landing when balls hit but super fast when putting on them. Real nice practice driving area plus big practice putting green. I would suggest you practice putting if nothing else so you can get adjusted to green speed.

Lloyd8640164's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2017

Upon driving up to the complex I was impressed. The view was beautiful. I didn't know what to expect when I first saw the cart barn and clubhouse but upon entering the pro shop I was met by a very friendly staff member. The staff member was very professional and polite. The course was beautiful and in good condition. I will definitely recommend this course and try to play it again. Unfortunately I had to leave after nine holes due to a scheduling conflict.

"Never Again"

NOJODA22's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/12/2017

Let me start my saying that I will never trust a GA review again. This was simply the worst golf experience of my life. The course is in such poor shape they should not take people's money. Period - end of story.

"The mannor first time experience"

Donald9705195's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/06/2017

I got a good rate on golf now so decided to take the trip out to FarmVille from Richmond the staff was friendly and courteous. The course conditions were alright I'm sure durin the summer it is immaculate. The only down fall of this course is you drive a good distance to the next tee box, also there are a few blind tee shots would have been nice to have a aiming stick placed in the fairway. The only complaint that I have is that there was no water on the course and that there was no ball washers on the cart or on the course. Over all shot a 87 and my buddy an 84 not bad for the second round of the year

"This course rates among one of my favorites"

notmuchbetter's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/24/2017
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

The golf course was in excellent condition and had an assortment of player friendly holes as well as an equal amount of holes where familiarity and a yardage book played a vital role in scoring well. The fairways were in excellent condition for this time of the year and the greens held and were quite quick. Of the bunkers which were not marked as GUR were consistent. The putting was a true example of the quickness of the green on the course.

"Wish it wasn't so far from Richmond"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/24/2016

Challenging but fair (white tees). Great views all over the course. Greens & Tres are in great shape. Some of the fairways need some work. I will return

"Greens in good shape - challenging course"

chadw1ck's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/05/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Greens were in really good shape, especially considering the challenging weather we've had this summer. Fairways had some poor spots, but seemed to be in line with other courses in the Richmond area. Course was a lot more challenging than I remembered from 5 years ago. Lost two balls in the rough that I saw go in. Course does not open until 7:30, so if you have the first tee time like we did, don't get there too early.

"Value price conditions lacking"

K1537234's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2016

I have played this course several times in the past years. The fairways were always wet. Today they were ok but alot of bare/dead spots. Also different types of grass in them. The greens were in great condition. We got a Hot Deal so can't complain a lot. If you are looking to play an 18 hole course that can be challenging but at a great deal then play the Manor. Plays better when it is drier.

Response from The Manor Golf Club on 11/16/2016:

Thank you for your review, K1537234! We are working hard to constantly improve the course and we appreciate you playing our course. Please come back for your next round soon!

"Surprising find!"

hnybooboo's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

Great course, it was wet from several inches of rain the night before but still played well. Course was in amazing shape from tee to green. Nice layout you will need to play this course a few times because of all the blind shots. Not a bombers paradise, you will have to make some shots and play a strategic round. It makes you think which I loved. Wish it was closer, but will be back!

"A better player's Golf Course"

OGS's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/19/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

I really enjoyed playing this course. It was in great shape and the layout will challenge your game. Low handicap players will surely add The Manors to their list of favorite Virginia golf courses. It is one of my favorite already!

Commented on 06/27/2016

Thanks for the five star review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our course conditions and layout. We hope to see you back again soon for your next round.

"Disappointing"

Golfjeep14's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Unplayable bunkers for the most part. Chopped up, patchy collars and chewed up greens. Manager of the club house is rude and unfriendly. If you live in Farmville it's best in town if you don't want to make a 30+ minutes. Definite not worth making a drive to Farmville to play.

Commented on 06/02/2016

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us did not exceed your expectations. We would like you to know that we do not tolerate this type of behavior in our staff. If you would like to address this situation further, please email us at themanorgolfclub@outlook.com. Again, we send our apologies.