Puerto Cancun Golf Club

Type Public/Resort

Puerto Cancun Golf Club has an ideal location nestled right in between Cancun's hotel zone and the downtown area. The course is a Tom Weiskopf design that allows the natural beauty of the tropical landscape to be the star. You're never too far from the water on this golf course, with several holes that play along the shoreline and the Marina. Almost every hole offers views of the sparkling blue waters of the Caribbean. Puerto Cancun Golf Club stretches to just over 7,200 yards from the back tees with holes that will test both your distance and your short game skills. The winding fairways demand accuracy and there are strategically placed traps along the greensides. The final hole is a memorable one with a green that is situated on an island in the main canal of Puerto Cancun.

Puerto Cancun Golf Course
Yellow 72 5813 yards 68.9 120
Yellow (W) 72 5813 yards 72.8 131
Scorecard for Puerto Cancun
Black M: 75.6/135 430 464 514 412 216 436 607 204 462 3745 427 538 595 240 316 168 211 463 537 3495 7240
Blue M: 73.4/128 408 438 487 386 204 410 575 191 433 3532 404 517 573 220 297 160 192 423 513 3299 6831
White M: 71.2/124 367 414 458 362 190 392 542 182 407 3314 375 503 542 216 282 151 181 384 496 3130 6444
Yellow M: 68.9/120 W: 72.8/131 348 372 403 325 170 340 493 163 368 2982 336 433 492 198 269 135 168 344 456 2831 5813
Red W: 70.1/120 316 328 344 276 149 302 427 143 324 2609 296 398 434 173 236 114 149 320 374 2494 5103

Year Built 2013
Architect Tom Weiskopf (2009)

Carts Yes - $30

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Metal Spikes Allowed Soft spikes only
Single Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Mexico (2018 #9)

Plays Long 9

Good value, great course!

The course was in great shape. The staff are friendly. Some narrow fairways with jungle and water on the sides, so expect to lose some balls!

Good course and will play it again someday

The greens rolled a bit slow and lots of construction going on... with faster greens and all the construction finished... this will be 5 stars all the way!

A great round at a good price

We got to play this course with cart and range balls for $80 through the hot deal. Well worth the money and a beautiful course with a great layout.
Like all the courses here in Cancun watch for the Crocodiles. Don’t go looking for lost balls.

Beautiful course

Nice course with some holes with sea view
Warm welcome and good service

Definitely play here!

Very pleased with the golf course. Really enjoyed the views of the ocean and the staff was very accommodating. I was a single, teeing off at 8:00am. They told me I could go to the back 9 and I never had to wait until the last two holes I played. I would definitely recommend to playing here and you won’t be disappointed. Upcoming building are the only eye sore on a few holes.

Hit it straight

Very easy to lose your ball if it gets away from you, so take plenty. Beautiful views and well manicured. Could do better on snacks and a bite to eat after nine holes. Keep it straight and you’ll score :)

The 2 days before we played the rain was relentless. I thought, there’s no way we would play golf and if by some small chance we did the course would be sloppy. I was really surprised, this course must have a great drainage system. If you come to Cancun play this course it is BEAUTIFUL! Very well kept greens were true and the held approach shots. The cost was only $100.00 which included club rentals. The staff was very friendly. Two thumbs way up.

Excellent on everything.

I am a beginner and I got my lowest score today (94). Very happy.

One word, WOW!!!

A must play when in Cancun. Everything was fantastic! The course layout is better than those at Moon Palace. Course condition is PGA ready. The houses, highrises, and yatches made this place so interesting. Take ur time on holes 13th and 14th for some photo opts. Go play, you will not regret it.

Cancun gem!

I came to Cancun with my own clubs on a 4 day vacation with my wife. I wanted to play early so I booked an early tee time with our hotel’s concierge. I should’ve used the Puerto Cancun transport option of $25 USD round trip. I ended up paying $35 on my own - don’t make the same mistake.

I arrived and paid at the clubhouse. Then went to the range to warm up with the 50 balls. The range is in great shape - flat lies, accurate yardage markers, and high quality layout.

I was about to practice my short game but the starter asked me if I wanted to play 15 min before my time as I’d be stuck behind a slower beginner 4-some. I agreed and teed off without taking a single practice putt. Don’t do this!

The greens are in perfect shape! Like pristine with very few divot marks. But you’ll need to practice the speed. They are not fast but not slow and rather large greens. I’m not used to this type of grass but they rolled true. The greens don’t break a ton so don’t over-read breaks on shorter putts. If I practiced beforehand, I might’ve learned this but I have no regrets about not having the chance. Finished the round in 2.5 hours.

Fairways are very wide (I hit from the blue tees) and the fairway bunkers are in the perfect places. Like the other posts say, it’s very easy to lose balls. If you miss left or right off the tee, you’re better off just taking a drop or playing your 3rd. No chance you’re going to find it. I brought extra balls just in case and ended up losing 3 balls overall.

The entire course is surrounded by new construction as it’s in a up and coming section of Cancun seemingly for people with more money. The sounds of construction didn’t bother me at all but was kind of helpful for aiming off the tee.

Watch out for the crocodile filled ponds on the course. I saw one hanging out on the 12th hole. Don’t take risks on the par 5s - not worth the risk. You’ll have to carry water or waste areas. Take your chances on the par 4s.

Overall, I loved this course (5 stars). Very high quality staff and practice range. Course was in great shape. Hole 13 is a long par 3 with wind into your face as you approach the water. Hole 14 is amazing along the water and possibly a drivable green for longer hitters. I was just short of the green with a good drive.

If you are new, then I’d recommend buying the yardage book for $100 pesos. I didn’t and lost balls not knowing where the blind shots would land.

If you’re staying in the Hotel Zone, definitely worth playing... I’ll be back again. (the taxi drove buy PokTaPak and it looked old and run down if you’re comparing)

Great course in general

The course was in fantastic condition, fairways, greens and tee boxes very well maintained. The course was really nice to play and well set up, providing a decent test of golf for a 10 handicap player. Lots of water and bunkers but the fairways are fairly wide on all holes, if you can’t hit the fairway off the tee expect to be in real trouble as the rough is basically jungle! At $120 for the round which included golf hire, buggy and 50 range balls it was well priced. Only downside was the pro shop prices...... charging $50 for 12 mediocre balls is harsh to say the least. All in all it was a great course to play and I would recommend it

Good course

Played with 3 members. They made me. Feel welcome. Very helpful and outgoing

Wondeful

What A beautiful course. Loved the natural setting and the 17th hole that ran along the ocean. Greens and fairways in terrific shape. Would love to play again.

Punta Sam, Quintana Roo
Cancún, Quintana Roo

Valid dates: Apr 13, 2019 - Apr 16, 2019
The Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun Stay & Play includes a three night stay at Harrah’s Ak-Chin, two rounds of golf at Ak-Chin Southern Dunes, and the ideal location to catch all of the long drive action during the Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun!