Puerto Cancun Golf Club

4.6019882353 4.6 stars from 5 (49)

• Blvd. Kukulcán Km1.5 Zona Hotelera, Cancún, Q. Roo, México 77500
  • 1 (866) 580-0749
  • www.puertocancun.com
Write Review

Year built: 2013
Architect(s): Tom Weiskopf (2009)
Type: Public

Practice bunker: Yes

Singles allowed: No
Dress code: Proper golf attire.
Credit cards accepted: Yes

Black 72 7107 yards N/A N/A

Puerto Cancun Golf Club has an ideal location nestled right in between Cancun's hotel zone and the downtown area. The course is a Tom Weiskopf design that allows the natural beauty of the tropical landscape to be the star. You're never too far from the water on this golf course, with several holes that play along the shoreline and the Marina. Almost every hole offers views of the sparkling blue waters of the Caribbean. Puerto Cancun Golf Club stretches to just over 7,100 yards from the back tees with holes that will test both your distance and your short game skills. The winding fairways demand accuracy and there are strategically placed traps along the greensides. The final hole is a memorable one with a green that is situated on an island in the main canal of Puerto Cancun.

Location is convenient to the city   Great for wildlife/ scenic views a weekend splurge advanced golfers   Challenges include bunkers water hazards plays long

kseyfferth's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/01/2018

mfkrope's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/02/2018

"Wondeful"

None's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/31/2017

What A beautiful course. Loved the natural setting and the 17th hole that ran along the ocean. Greens and fairways in terrific shape. Would love to play again.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/21/2017

"Great course phenomenal greens"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/09/2017

Unfortunately if you play as single thru the Golf app they don’t put you out with other players and you and up waiting to play or you skip thru the group ahead of you. I would definitely recommend playing with a group of players at this golf course so that You can enjoy a four hour round. Very long and challenging course. I alway play from the blue but here i play from the whites. The par three’s are very challenging two of them are 200+ yards for the white tee markers and 240 from the back tees

Bill L

"Great experience"

dws5724's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/25/2017

Enjoyed this course. Played as single in less than three hours. Only a few minor glitches.

I’m left handed and rental set had no driver. Putter was poor. Irons were new and great. Greens were heavily sanded and slow. Saw a large crocodile over two meters and left a ball. I was more than happy to move on. Would recommend this course if you can get a great deal. Bring extra balls. Tight around greens

bugnoh's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/11/2017

"Beautiful course - great shape"

u000001944741's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/26/2017

Really like this course. It's in great shape and a really nice layout. Booked on GolfNow for $80 so a fair price. Regular price is like most Caribbean golf, overpriced. Rented clubs that were good and fairly priced.

"Nice course..worth playing"

VicBisc's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2017

This was the first time we played this course and we were happily surprised. Nice course set by a marina and the ocean. Excellent course conditions. It also plays women friendly with red tees set far enough forward from men's tees to make it a fair game. Flat course but still challenging. We happened to get "hot deal" on golf now which made the price right, otherwise kind of pricey. Great staff..very friendly and accommodating. We will go back!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/15/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

the course was in perfect condition.staff was extremely friendly. had a wonderful time

"Great layout Perfect condition"

Frederick2512794's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/09/2017

I always play this course when I am in Cancun, it is one of my favorites. It is always in great shape. Never too busy and the nstaff is very friendly

"Good course to enjoy on your vacay"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/25/2016

Got a sweet deal in GN and they honored that rate and I could rent a set of titleist clubs for 50 bucks, a bit expensive if you ask me. About the round, Course layout was awesome with some holes with ocean view where all your club distances goes out of the window. Should club up and down depending on the wind direction and you would be amazed to see how the ball changes course.

The staff was very courteous and some of the views were breath taking. The front 9 was a bit tougher than the back and since I didn't have the yardage book or my range finder Went a tad over my regular scores. Expect the 2nd shots to roll a bit more and if you don't keep it in the FW, it will roll to the out of bounds where you don't want to go searching for your balls. There are crocs and some stray dogs everywhere..

Overall very happy with the round..

"What Could Have Been"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/30/2016
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

I would have rated my overall experience here a lot higher if I didn't have to deal with the poor, rude customer service of the staff. From the front desk, to the head pro and the manager.

Some back story; my friend rented a set of clubs from the course. My friend is 6'4'" 230 lbs. He's a former pro baseball player and his swing speed is very fast. The golf course didn't have clubs in stiff flex so they rented him a set of regular flexed irons and woods. You can probably see where this is going.

On the 4th hole, the 50 gram, regular flex shaft snapped at the head of the Club and the head ended up flying into a water hazard directly ahead of the tee off box.

The head of the club landed in the water and was bouyent enough to float. We couldn't reach the head ourselves and it was in a water hazard wilth crocodile warning signs picketed around it. It wasn't worth risking our limbs for a club head, so we told a grounds keeper what had happened and where he could find the club head.

We ended the round early and when we got to the club house to follow up on the rental club, the manager wanted to charge my buddy full price for a brand new driver ($350 USD) I understand that as a renter you are responsible for what you return. My friend does as well, being a Manager at a major US car rental company. However, the club was not a new club and for that matter could have been weakened by previous renters. They did not have a club damage policy in the rental agreement. They would not let us leave (and we did not want to risk dealing with Mexican authorities over something so trivial) until we paid a $215 fee for a replacement club.

This ruined our experience here. The charge was a big blow but that wasn't the main issue. It's how we were dealt with and how they tried to take advantage of us that I have a bigger issue with.

"Work in progress but excellent course"

sunnyduzak's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/20/2016

Some construction surrounding the course; but is not a deterrent to your round.

All the amenities; pro shop, coffee shop, putting green and driving range are basic but the prices in the pro shop are much more reasonable than other comparable courses.

The course layout is good but long par 3s are near impossible for average players to reach from tee. Especially for the forward tee players with 20+ handicap.

The condition of the fairways and greens were excellent.

The green fee is comparable or cheaper than other like courses. Close location to the hotel zone makes it attractive to play.

There are canals but you only see the ocean on one of the holes.

Compare to other courses of slope rating 120(forward); I give it 8 out 10.

"Golf Now is tops in my book!!!!"

Richard3700232's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/10/2016

I got a great rate with GOLFNOW, making it affordable, otherwise I would not be able to play this course. Course was in good shape , greens were good and fairways were pretty spacious.

"Challenge Course!"

Jparedes17's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2016

Very challenging course in great conditions from tee box to greens. Some narrows fairways but bigger than normal greens. Highly recommended!

"Not worth it"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/23/2016

Staff was extremely rude. Had an issue with club rentals and instead of listening to me and coming up with a solution they would not let me leave unless I paid $140 for something that cost anywhere else 50 to 60 dollars. This course seems to have issues as we were the only ones playing. Would not recommend it.

Commented on 11/24/2016

Sorry about that but usually your'e charged a lot more for lost or broken clubs, club needs to replace them.

"cancun vacation"

bobbylew53's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/19/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

The golf course location is not correct. took the R1 bus to Bonnapack ave. cab to course 40 pesos.cab from hotel zone 30 us dollars. Par 3s very difficult but gorgeous. 200 yards. wind in face of the Golf of Mexico.great pace. played 2 days Handicap 12 I shot 99-99 both days. left clubs overnight at course. staff very nice. Stefanie in club house very sweet.

"Nice Course"

jmbroughman's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/11/2016

Very nice layout and overall well kept. The sand in the bunkers is really shallow, so be careful because your club will bounce. I rented clubs and they asked me if I wanted regular flex or stiff. I asked for regular flex and the driver was, but the 3 wood and 3 hybrid were stiff. Something I didn't find out until halfway through the round, wondering why I couldn't hit them. The beverage cart came to us on the 9th and 18th hole, so not much use to us. We came upon one hole where two of the grounds crew was on the tee box getting ready to hit. They stepped aside for us, but left their tee ball on the box. Have never seen that before. After we hit our drives, they hit their balls and played the hole right behind us. They were driving one of the maintenance carts.

Again, the course is very nice, but the service is so-so. Best to bring your own clubs, or double check the set they give you before you play.

"Great Location to Hotel Zone"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/24/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

We stayed at RIU Peninsula and this course was a short cab ride. Great course in good shape, very friendly staff, left our clubs overnight, RIU offers a great twilight rate that can be booked direct with course.