The Golf Depot

Red W: 25.9/94 135 117 151 74 140 90 96 92 147 1042 1042
Handicap 6 2 9 4 3 8 1 5 7
Par 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 27 27

Year Built 2011
Architect Dr. Michael Hurdzan (2011) Dana Fry (2011)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Hammond Golf Academy"
Golf Simulator Yes
Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, American Express, Mastercard, Discover

Worst Par 3 course in Central Ohio

I played Golf Depot for the first time today and I can say with certainty that I will never be back. The course has about the worst delusions of grandeur that I have ever seen. Its a par 3 course that thinks its in the running to host a US Open someday. News flash: people don't go to par 3 courses to lose balls in tall grass on over half the holes if they push the ball even slightly wide. They don't go to par 3 courses to play a course with very few flat lies on the greens and large carries over tall grass on multiple occasions.

There are at least a few holes that are far too long for a par 3 course, especially if theres going to be significant trouble if the golfer is even slightly off target (which in most cases is dead ahead). One hole I even hit a shot which should have ended up hole high off the green but because of the dry/dead grass that characterizes much of the non fescue portion of the course it bounced all the way out of bounds where it had no business going on an even slightly well designed/maintained course.

Par 3 courses should be mostly holes that give you a decent chance at par if you can have either a good tee shot or a good second shot. One of the biggest problems with golf depot is that if your first shot is off, you're probably taking a penalty. I hated the course so much that after the round i took the logo ball that i had purchased and deliberately hit it into the woods just off the 9th hole. I will never be back to this poorly designed, arrogant course. Wilson Rd, Hidden Vallen are all far better and more enjoyable 9 holes of golf that dont try to be much more difficult than they have any business being. $15 is a ripoff, small bucket of balls or no. Give me $8-10 at WR or HV any day.

Great greens for the wet conditions

Course was very wet from the heavy rain the night before. I was suppose to have a cart for the price but the course did not allow due to the conditions. They offered me a pull cart and I played nine. I was impressed with the condition of the greens they rolled well and were true to the read. I would recommend this course for a junior golfer to practise with the irons. This course is easily walked and I found enjoyable. It was worth the price

Hey it's a par 3 course it's nice. Driving range is real nice. The food was awesome.

Great place to take my teenage boys to develop in the game

Golf Depot

Nice driving range -fun Par 3 course!

Good Time as Usual

I have been here many times. Walk and ride. I bring my 10 years old daughter here all the time. She enjoys the place and I also love to work on my irons. Hard for a first time person to the course to know where they are going. My wife was with us (first time there) and she had no idea which way to go. I believe that having a few more signs even in the winter would help people out. Other then that great time for the cost. Used the last minute golfer app and I paid 8 bucks for 9 holes with a cart...per person. Can not beat that.

Great place to practive

Kevin and the rest of the crew here do a great job of welcoming golfers. This is a great practice facility between the range, putting green, short course and 9 hole course. There are numerous ways to up your game. Everyone is always friendly and the place is large enough to accommodate any number of golfers. Always enjoy coming here to play.Cool view of the city. My only suggestion would be leveling out the back end of the range so I can see where the long ball goes.

Great view great price

Great view of the downtown skyline on 1. Quick play not many people were on the course. Awesome course.

Valid dates: Sep 17, 2018 - Oct 31, 2018