The Golf Depot

Red W: 25.9/94 135 117 151 74 140 90 96 92 147 1042 1042
Handicap 6 2 9 4 3 8 1 5 7
Par 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 27 27

Year Built 2011
Architect Dr. Michael Hurdzan (2011) Dana Fry (2011)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Hammond Golf Academy"
Golf Simulator Yes
Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, American Express, Mastercard, Discover

Worst Par 3 course in Central Ohio

I played Golf Depot for the first time today and I can say with certainty that I will never be back. The course has about the worst delusions of grandeur that I have ever seen. Its a par 3 course that thinks its in the running to host a US Open someday. News flash: people don't go to par 3 courses to lose balls in tall grass on over half the holes if they push the ball even slightly wide. They don't go to par 3 courses to play a course with very few flat lies on the greens and large carries over tall grass on multiple occasions.

There are at least a few holes that are far too long for a par 3 course, especially if theres going to be significant trouble if the golfer is even slightly off target (which in most cases is dead ahead). One hole I even hit a shot which should have ended up hole high off the green but because of the dry/dead grass that characterizes much of the non fescue portion of the course it bounced all the way out of bounds where it had no business going on an even slightly well designed/maintained course.

Par 3 courses should be mostly holes that give you a decent chance at par if you can have either a good tee shot or a good second shot. One of the biggest problems with golf depot is that if your first shot is off, you're probably taking a penalty. I hated the course so much that after the round i took the logo ball that i had purchased and deliberately hit it into the woods just off the 9th hole. I will never be back to this poorly designed, arrogant course. Wilson Rd, Hidden Vallen are all far better and more enjoyable 9 holes of golf that dont try to be much more difficult than they have any business being. $15 is a ripoff, small bucket of balls or no. Give me $8-10 at WR or HV any day.

Great greens for the wet conditions

Course was very wet from the heavy rain the night before. I was suppose to have a cart for the price but the course did not allow due to the conditions. They offered me a pull cart and I played nine. I was impressed with the condition of the greens they rolled well and were true to the read. I would recommend this course for a junior golfer to practise with the irons. This course is easily walked and I found enjoyable. It was worth the price

Hey it's a par 3 course it's nice. Driving range is real nice. The food was awesome.

Great place to take my teenage boys to develop in the game

Golf Depot

Nice driving range -fun Par 3 course!

Good Time as Usual

I have been here many times. Walk and ride. I bring my 10 years old daughter here all the time. She enjoys the place and I also love to work on my irons. Hard for a first time person to the course to know where they are going. My wife was with us (first time there) and she had no idea which way to go. I believe that having a few more signs even in the winter would help people out. Other then that great time for the cost. Used the last minute golfer app and I paid 8 bucks for 9 holes with a cart...per person. Can not beat that.

Great place to practive

Kevin and the rest of the crew here do a great job of welcoming golfers. This is a great practice facility between the range, putting green, short course and 9 hole course. There are numerous ways to up your game. Everyone is always friendly and the place is large enough to accommodate any number of golfers. Always enjoy coming here to play.Cool view of the city. My only suggestion would be leveling out the back end of the range so I can see where the long ball goes.

Great view great price

Great view of the downtown skyline on 1. Quick play not many people were on the course. Awesome course.

Can't beat the deal

Want to practice your irons? This is a great place to do it. Greens are in great shape. It was a $5 hot deal. Can't beat it!

Not for beginners

The vegetation around the course is allowed to grow so high that if you lose a ball in there you'll never find it. Not recommended for beginners for that reason.

A fun place to visit

My wife and I play golf depot a couple times a year because it is a few miles away from home. It is a great facility for hitting a bucket of balls, then playing the par 3 course. The par 3 course has 9 holes, and probably 6 of them would be challenging on any regulation golf course. Well worth the money, they now give you a cart, but the course is very walkable. Greens and course conditions are slightly above average, but definaltely good enough to play and have some fun while getting some good practice in.

home course fun

My wife and I are still learning the game, so we find the Depot a perfect course to get some good practice in, without feeling beaten down by so many extra strokes. It's a par-3, so you get what you pay for, but the greens are always in decent shape, and they're not so easy that you feel like it's a waste of time. The range is well kept, and the recent staff turnover hasn't affected their usual welcoming and helpful attitude.

The "home course'

My wife and I are still relatively new to the sport, so we enjoy this par-3 as a chance to work on our game, on a fun, easier course. The staff has completely turned over since they first opened, but the new folks all seem to be great.

Great experience!!!

Very friendly staff, perfect beginners course in mice shape. Great bang for the buck!

Cow pasture with excellent greens

Other than fairways, rest of facility is very nice. Greens and tee boxes in excellent condition. Price can't be beat. Great place to work on short game. Would definitely return, especially with children

Kevin91581
Commented On 04/22/2018

Price cant be beat? Try by any other par 3 course in the area, all of which are far superior.

nice greens and tees

not bad but needs improvements nice club house nice range

Wonderful little round for a great price.

I had some free time and decided to check this place out. I have seen it all the time on golfnow... figured why not. You get a small bucket of balls ($5) with your round which is usually $15 and cart is $6... golfnow had it for $15 for everything. The range distances were off for sure, there was no way those were correct from where i was hitting. They had many stakes and distance markers out there for you including a big "M" like michigan. Fun to practice before the round. The nine hole course had fun names for every hole. The cart paths were pretty rough, maybe down the road they ave these up. That's really my only complaint. Each hole shows you the direction to the next hole. I am probably a 15-19 handicap, i recommend playing the blue tees for some added distance. I never used my driver or fairway woods. Their are a few where youll need a four iron... SO... the emphasis on this course is a strong iron shot onto the green. The course is pretty much a rough other than around the green. Nice elevation changes. High OB grass makes finding the ball near impossible if you misshit really bad. I accidentally hit the cart of the people in front of me on the fifth hole which was around 199 yards... never hit a 3 iron over 200 yards until then. Sorry to them... turned out it was the owner... yikes. The greens are super soft. They have someone watering them pretty consistenty, in fact they were watering them on my approach to the third hole... made my putt difficult to read. All in all this is a great course to work on those iron shots and dial in. I was getting pretty decent backspin on the greens with a bridgestone E6 and srixon Z-star. Give it a go! The food and restaurant are fantastic!!

great course for a quick round

I really enjoyed the course and will go back. Only suggestion is for the really large dips in the ground on the cart path...fill those and make the found more even. My only complaint is the condition of the path at times...otherwise I give it 2 thumbs up for time and cost.

Valid dates: Nov 26, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019