A view of the renovated greens at Riverwood Golf Club

Year Built 1997
Fairways Bermuda
Greens Champion Bermuda

Riverview Great Course

Riverview was a blessing in disguise. It surprised me how great of a course it was and price was very fair. I will recommend this to anyone.

Commented on 07/08/2020

Wow - Thank you for the five star review! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Commented on 07/06/2020

Thank you for leaving 4 stars! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

Options

Riverwood is a pleasure to play with the options of 27 holes. Course was in great shape with the exception of punched greens. One of the best bangs for your buck in the area. Deer Run is my favorite of the 3, nine holes.

Commented on 07/08/2020

Can’t believe I hadn’t played here before!

Lived here since 2011, and have no good reason why I haven’t played this course yet. One of my favorites ever and in such great shape! Gorgeous layout.

Commented on 06/01/2020

Wow - Thank you for the five star review Brinks! We are happy you gave us a shot and we exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Great value

I booked this sight unseen and couldn’t be happier. The layout is challenging with a great degree of elevation changes and dog legs. If you can shape the ball or hit it straight, you’ll love this course. Otherwise, you should probably hang out on their driving range. Staff was great, beverage cart was seen often, and course was in very good shape despite three days of continuous rain. Will definitely play again!

Commented on 05/27/2020

No response

I paid for a round of golf for 2.on Wednesday however, my wife became became very ill on Saturday morning. She ended up in the hospital Saturday afternoon. I called the course Sunday morning to cancel. No one answered the phone. I left a message with a request for a call back. No one called.

Commented on 05/14/2020

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

Great course, somewhat challenging

My first time at this course and I love it. The course & greens are in excellent condition. Many of the holes are very challenging because of water hazards and sand traps. and because it is very hilly.
The carts are battery operated which I like, as opposed to noisy gas which some courses still have.

River wood late spring

Course did not have my golfnow reservation even though I had receipt. They shoe horned me in but right now It’s self governed starts, so fellow players are asking what’s your tee time a separating players accordingly. Not very efficient but everyone works it out well on their own.
Course conditions were crusty and dry, including greens. So plenty of roll but unpreferred lies most of the time. Needs syringing on the greens and sprinklers turned on.

Great

Fantastic course for the price. Best course I've played here that's under $50.

Golf

Today Was pretty good I just wish that these so called golfer's knew a little about golf etiquette Leave your kids at home and let faster players through please. Thanks

Commented on 04/20/2020

Commented on 04/01/2020

Excellent Greens

Played Meadows/Deer Run today. Greens were very good and quicker than they looked. Fairways were good compared to other courses in the area....a little thin but dry. Sand traps were marginal. Good conditions for NC golf at this time of year.....should be nice when the heat returns.....April.

Commented on 02/18/2020

Thank you for the great feedback Morgan! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can really WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Excellent course

This course has a lot of character, layout is really good, and the greens and course are in excellent shape. Pace of play was very good, overall no complaints at all and recommend this course highly.

Commented on 02/05/2020

Wow - Thank you for the five star review medmun! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Commented on 02/05/2020

Thank you for leaving a review! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Riverwood

Great place to play. Friendly staff, challenging but fair layout. Due to recent rainfall course was wet and sloppy in spots. Looking forward to playing when dry.

Commented on 01/28/2020

Thanks for leaving us 4 stars! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can wow you on your next visit.

Good, Tough Course

Riverwood is a 27 hole course that offers some good challenges. Tough, tight fairways with difficult and fast greens means it’ll be a good day. It’s not overly tough if you play from the correct tee box for your handicap though. I enjoy how it forces you to hit the ball both directions and use almost every club in the bag.

Some of the tee boxes when I played were in bad need of some work but the fairways were very good and the greens solid.

The pin placement on the greens was incredibly tough when I played. They were always sitting on ledges or knolls which made it a good putting challenge.

Overall, a great course and great value. Definitely one of my favorites.

Commented on 06/16/2020

One of better courses in Triangle

Nice layout; one nine closed, but not very crowded; definitely will be back!

Commented on 03/05/2020

Not worth it

Played here today for the first time. There is no order in which you start. There were no gaps in between groups. There were more “traffic jams” and waiting times than actual game play time. Would not recommend to anyone.

Commented on 12/19/2019

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience. Your satisfaction is a deep concern of ours as we always aim to exceed expectations. Your review will allow us to follow up in areas you voiced concern. If possible, please reach out to us directly so we discuss your review in more detail. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Free for all golfing

This is the most unorganized golf course in the area. NO RANGER and the person in the clubhouse is SUPPOSED to know what is going on???????? Never gets off his stool and sits behind the computer surfing the net????????? Got behind a slow group and was stuck there. Wouldn't be bad if it was packed. Maybe 6 groups out there and all backed up behind the slow group??????? Called the clubhouse and said he "Could not leave the counter." ????????? Just about a 5 hour round in the cold????? NEVER PLAT THERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will spend my money on the courses I passed to get to this one. I AM SURE THEY WILL APPRECIATE MY PATRONAGE!!!!!!!

Commented on 12/19/2019