Riverwood Golf Club
Scorecard for Riverview/Meadowlands
Black M: 72.9/136 519 416 240 374 217 537 186 493 420 3402 353 404 362 232 490 165 500 440 455 3401 6803
Blue M: 71.4/127 490 402 177 324 175 526 177 462 401 3134 344 390 326 221 475 155 490 405 445 3251 6385
White M: 69.4/119 W: 74.8/137 470 365 170 307 162 507 146 450 394 2971 309 370 317 200 386 145 460 395 400 2982 5953
Gold M: 66.3/113 W: 71.1/124 429 324 144 294 137 459 136 295 364 2582 295 351 308 176 245 127 425 350 380 2657 5239
Red M: 62.0/101 W: 65.9/108 376 215 104 215 126 390 105 284 357 2172 226 255 240 124 232 107 344 300 300 2128 4300

Year Built 1997
Fairways Bermuda
Greens Champion Bermuda

Commented On 11/27/2018

Thank you for the great feedback Recbone! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience at #RiverwoodGolfClub. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Riverwood

Course was much more than I was anticipating

Good condition

Nice layout

More challenging than I expected

Commented On 11/12/2018

Thank you for the great feedback Joeelko! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience at #RiverwoodGolfClub. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Played here for the first time and loved everything about it. Staff was super friendly and went out of their way to help me. Course was in great shape. Both fairways and greens were nice. Fun layout that is a little different than most other courses in the area. Played in 3 hours on a weekend afternoon, which is unheard of at most other courses around. Also a nice little practice facility. I will definitely be back. If it weren't a 45 minute drive from my house I would play here all the time. Great value for the money.

Commented On 10/29/2018

Wow - Thank you for the five star review ThinItToWinIt! Your first visit to our course is definitely exciting. We understand there are many options and are so glad you gave us a try. We are happy to have exceeded your expectations at #RiverwoodGolf. Thanks for pointing out our playing conditions – as you see they are very important to us. We look forward to having you back again soon and developing a lasting relationship with you. Until then, take care!

Nice layout, great conditions

First time playing course, will definitely return again! Have to think your way around the holes,. Used all the clubs in my bag.

Commented On 10/29/2018

Wow - Thank you for the great review! Your first visit to our course is definitely exciting. We understand there are many options and are so glad you gave us a try. We are happy to have exceeded your expectations at #RiverwoodGolf. We look forward to having you back again soon and developing a lasting relationship with you. Next time we hope to bump those 4 stars to 5! Until then, take care!

Challenging but Fun and Fair

We played Meadowlands/Deer Run nines. Meadow is a bit quirky and Deer Run is a brute....long par 4's!!

Greens were a little slow but rolled well. Rest of course in very good condition. Will play again.

Commented On 10/29/2018

Thank you for the great feedback Morgan! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience at #RiverwoodGolf. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Great greens!

Continues to have some of the best greens in the area. Enjoyable round - could only have been made better by having a ranger to hurry along the slow group in front of us.

Commented On 10/29/2018

Thank you for the great feedback Molly! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience at #RiverwoodGolf. Our playing conditions are very important to us and we are glad you enjoyed them. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Tester

This 27-hole course has a little of everything. Greens are inconsistent currently, normally in good shape. This course will test every shot in your bag.

Commented On 10/29/2018

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit to #RiverwoodGolf. Until then, take care!

Beautiful Course

This is a beautiful scenic course around the Neuse River. This course has character! (Cheeseburgers here are great!)

I'll be back to play this one soon!

Commented On 10/29/2018

Wow - Thank you for the five star review Joe! We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience at #RiverwoodGolf. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Great Layout / Poor Execution

I'll start with the ugly: many of the greens are burnt out. It's not pretty. It's a darn shame. And many of the pin locations were placed right in the heart of the worst part of the green.

Aside from that, it was mostly fine. I seemed to find a lot of awkward lies, even in the fairway. The rough is mildly punishing, which I actually like (most courses around here have little distinction between rough and fairway).

The track is one of the best around: lots of elevation changes, some blind shots, mix of long and short holes for par 3s, 4s, and 5s.

Advice: add some amenities and fix the greens, and you'll have 5 stars from anyone.

Poor Conditions

Don't waste your money and time. Greens in really bad shape. Another course Fred Smith is letting be run into the ground.

Good golf course

Good layout, pace of play good. Some greens had damage- but pin placements minimized their impact.

Fun Layout

RiverWood has 3 nines. We played Riverview and Deer Run. The greens were in good condition other than # 7 and 8 on Deer Run. The fairways/rough had been aerated but it wasn't an issue. It's a fun, challenging layout....if you play from the correct tees.

Course needs another month of HOT weather to green up the fairways. New carts were nice as well as the new bar/grill area in the clubhouse.

First time out

Great course. It was a little wet in some places but being it's the beginning of spring, I'm not surprised. Biggest complaint is that a couple of the greens had some erosion and dead spots but again, this is if I had to find something to complain about. Otherwise the course was in really good shape and it was super fun to play. I'd go back anytime.

I had a great time playing with visiting family. The course layout was challenging especially on a cold afternoon. I definitely plan to enjoy Riverwood Golf Course in the near future.

Decent track, awful greens

Was not a bad layout for a low handicapper. The greens are extremely grainy/bumpy and slow. For that reason alone, I wouldn't return. It was impossible to make putts on those surfaces.

Serenity now

An often overlooked gen in the spirit of a Tot Hill or mountain type golf course with great views and undulations. Amazing natural areas next to the Neuse with many types of shots required. The greens are coming in nicely, skating girly spongy but beautiful and rolls true. An excellent value with very few on the course during the week. The staff are professional and appreciate you being there.

PhilMcWatson
Commented On 12/18/2017

Employees should not ne able to write reviews!!!! None of this is true. Greens below average and fairways are not being touched until next spring!!!!!

Presteen

Overall a hidden gem and highly underrated- the staff was professional and friendly. The Meadowlands were amazing with scenery throughout and a very challenging layout with nearly perfect greens. Everything was excellent. Par fives were lengthy and challenging. Every club in the bag was used minus the six iron with plenty of left to right and right to left holes. I will play here again and highly recommend.

4.3203294118