Riverwood Golf Club
Scorecard for Meadowlands/Deer Run
Black M: 74.3/137 353 404 362 232 490 165 500 440 455 3401 376 266 602 412 163 451 456 431 566 3723 7124
Blue M: 73.3/130 344 390 326 221 475 155 490 405 445 3251 366 223 587 394 151 440 446 423 555 3585 6836
White M: 71.1/125 W: 77.2/139 309 370 317 200 386 145 460 395 400 2982 348 199 546 381 141 420 402 404 520 3361 6343
Gold M: 67.6/118 W: 72.8/129 295 351 308 176 245 127 425 350 380 2657 326 174 504 347 130 375 346 374 433 3009 5666
Red W: 68.4/117 226 255 240 124 232 107 344 300 300 2128 307 165 460 285 93 334 315 311 418 2688 4816

Year Built 1997
Fairways Bermuda
Greens Champion Bermuda

Golfer70

The course is in very good condition. Greens look good and putts are smooth.A good course to play. Had a great day and will play again.

Haven't been there for several years .. challenging but fun

Haven't been to Chapel Ridge for several years. Course was in good shape. Challenging round of golf.

Tons of "visual traps" ... were you think things are going to get in your way (sand trap/rocks/etc), but they are really your targets). Many greens have sand traps in front of the flags. Required a degree of discipline to not let it get into your head.

Awesome course for great price!

Really enjoyed the course. Fairways and greens were in fantastic shape. The layout is challenging and the course has a lot of slope. Would love to come back for a replay as this was definitely worth the money.

Definitely Play Again

Course was in really good shape w/greens plush. Staff was great and pace fine for a weekday. Really a surprise gem with nice fairways and plenty of challenges. Wish the women’s was a little longer but had to be more strategic on club and shot placement so really fun day.

Commented On 05/14/2019

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. Our staff is happy to know we made a positive impact on your day! We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can really WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Challenging but Fun and Fair

Hadn't played RW in almost a year. We played Riverview/Meadowlands nines (they have 3).....greens are very good, fairways good, sand traps a little thin. I don't play here that often but it's the best condition I've seen here in 3 years. It will get back into my golf rotation this summer.

Commented On 05/14/2019

Thank you for the great feedback and we are glad to have you back Morgan! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. See you this summer!

Riverwood 4/6

Layout of the course is great. Really challenging. The course is still recovering from the wet winter. Fairways were a bit thin. To be expected considering. Greens were rolling well. A group of five started in front of us, but the staff broke them up after the first hole. $59 was a little steep for the course in my opinion. I will def play it again after the fairways fill in this spring.

Needs Bermuda badly

Layout is pretty nice, and definitely challenging. Greens roll well. Fairways and tee boxes really need help. This course is dying for the Bermuda to come in. Another 4+ weeks and I’m sure this place will be nice

Commented On 01/17/2019

Wow - Thank you for the five star review DTBENSON!
We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Great day of golf

Challenging but fair. Course was in great shape considering the rain we have had. Highly recommend.

Fast Greens

For a new golfer to this course,

This golf course has 27 holes. There are not many trees that are in your way but green slopes are crazy (in a good and fun way)
Overall condition for greens were excellent.
for fairways were great as well.
Only thing that I did not like was that there were a few holes that leaves were just left on the course make it very hard to find a ball in the rough.

Commented On 12/28/2018

We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. Your first visit to our course is definitely exciting. We understand there are many options and are so glad you gave us a try. We look forward to having you back again soon and developing a lasting relationship with you. Until then, take care!

Commented On 11/27/2018

Thank you for the great feedback Recbone! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience at #RiverwoodGolfClub. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Riverwood

Course was much more than I was anticipating
Good condition
Nice layout
More challenging than I expected

Commented On 11/12/2018

Thank you for the great feedback Joeelko! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience at #RiverwoodGolfClub. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Played here for the first time and loved everything about it. Staff was super friendly and went out of their way to help me. Course was in great shape. Both fairways and greens were nice. Fun layout that is a little different than most other courses in the area. Played in 3 hours on a weekend afternoon, which is unheard of at most other courses around. Also a nice little practice facility. I will definitely be back. If it weren't a 45 minute drive from my house I would play here all the time. Great value for the money.

Commented On 10/29/2018

Wow - Thank you for the five star review ThinItToWinIt! Your first visit to our course is definitely exciting. We understand there are many options and are so glad you gave us a try. We are happy to have exceeded your expectations at #RiverwoodGolf. Thanks for pointing out our playing conditions – as you see they are very important to us. We look forward to having you back again soon and developing a lasting relationship with you. Until then, take care!

Nice layout, great conditions

First time playing course, will definitely return again! Have to think your way around the holes,. Used all the clubs in my bag.

Commented On 10/29/2018

Wow - Thank you for the great review!

Your first visit to our course is definitely exciting. We understand there are many options and are so glad you gave us a try. We are happy to have exceeded your expectations at #RiverwoodGolf. We look forward to having you back again soon and developing a lasting relationship with you. Next time we hope to bump those 4 stars to 5! Until then, take care!

Challenging but Fun and Fair

We played Meadowlands/Deer Run nines. Meadow is a bit quirky and Deer Run is a brute....long par 4's!!
Greens were a little slow but rolled well. Rest of course in very good condition. Will play again.

Commented On 10/29/2018

Thank you for the great feedback Morgan! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience at #RiverwoodGolf. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Great greens!

Continues to have some of the best greens in the area. Enjoyable round - could only have been made better by having a ranger to hurry along the slow group in front of us.

Commented On 10/29/2018

Thank you for the great feedback Molly! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience at #RiverwoodGolf. Our playing conditions are very important to us and we are glad you enjoyed them. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit. Until then, take care!

Tester

This 27-hole course has a little of everything. Greens are inconsistent currently, normally in good shape. This course will test every shot in your bag.

Commented On 10/29/2018

Thank you for the great feedback! We love hearing from you and are glad you had a good experience. We would love the opportunity to bump those 4 stars to 5. We hope you will come back soon so we can WOW you on your next visit to #RiverwoodGolf. Until then, take care!

Beautiful Course

This is a beautiful scenic course around the Neuse River. This course has character! (Cheeseburgers here are great!)
I'll be back to play this one soon!

Commented On 10/29/2018

Wow - Thank you for the five star review Joe!
We are happy to have exceeded your expectations. We love hearing from you and are glad you had a great experience at #RiverwoodGolf. We look forward to having you back again soon! Until then, take care!

Great Layout / Poor Execution

I'll start with the ugly: many of the greens are burnt out. It's not pretty. It's a darn shame. And many of the pin locations were placed right in the heart of the worst part of the green.

Aside from that, it was mostly fine. I seemed to find a lot of awkward lies, even in the fairway. The rough is mildly punishing, which I actually like (most courses around here have little distinction between rough and fairway).

The track is one of the best around: lots of elevation changes, some blind shots, mix of long and short holes for par 3s, 4s, and 5s.

Advice: add some amenities and fix the greens, and you'll have 5 stars from anyone.

Wendell, North Carolina
Garner, North Carolina
Four Oaks, North Carolina
Garner, North Carolina

Valid dates: May 23, 2019 - Jun 30, 2019
2 Nights lodging at the Best Western Plus of Santee (or comparable lodging partner) and play 3 Rounds of golf on Santee Cooper Resort’s two courses.
Stay and Play
Stay & Play in Golf’s Little Big Town!
Stay and Play
Summer Golf Getaway in Santee!
Stay and Play
Come play in the Olde English District!
Summer Special in Greenville, SC