Ridgemark Golf & Country Club

3.4199117647 3.4 stars from 5 (201)

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Tees

Tucked away between the mountains and foothills of the Gabilan and Diablo Ranges, Ridgemark Golf & Country Club enjoys a peaceful, secluded setting. San Benito County has been especially hard hit by drought and as a way to make the best of a tough situation, the decision was made to combine the club's two championship courses into one, more challenging layout. Golfers who loved the former courses need not worry. The best holes have been incorporated in the new layout along with the addition of some new and interesting holes, like the tough risk-reward seventh hole. The golf course has plenty of challenges in store including doglegs, strategically placed bunkers, tree-lined fairways, and water hazards. At just shy of 7,000 yards from the back tees, there are some long holes that are especially tough but you'll get some great mountain views from the elevated tees.

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for locals advanced golfers seniors   Challenges include bunkers elevation changes undulating greens   Great for drinks brunch watching the game

u000002088716's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2018

"Fun to play."

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/05/2018

Greens recently punched. This week the greens were much better than last.

"Poorly Maintained"

uTTWF7731TT's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2018
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

Ridgemark G. C.used to be one of my favorite local courses. The lay out is challenging but the course is not well maintained. The fairways are over grown, I couldn't tell where the fairway ended and the rough began. Also the bunkers are a joke! On Sunday when I putted I saw a rooster tail from all the moister on the green. I didn't see any grounds keepers working in the morning. Even with reduced prices, unless the course is better maintained, I will not be returning.

gilbertperez's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2018

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Ridgemark Golf & Country Club on 03/22/2018:

Hello Gilbert, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

dennisfaz's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/11/2018

"Spread Out"

paulungaro's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/25/2018
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

The course is messed up since going from 36 holes to 18. Definitely need a cart (maybe a 4 wheel drive). from hole 7 to 8 you bypass the old #8. From hole 12 you bypass the old #13. Hole # 16 is now a par four. when completing hole #9 there is no turn at the club house. the greens are fine but the the course it self needs more maintenance. I really, again really wish they left the original (1980's) course alone. I feel for all those home owners that now have a cow pastures in their back yards.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Ridgemark Golf & Country Club on 02/28/2018:

Hey Paul. Thanks so much for your review. We're so happy to hear that you loved the original courses as much as we did. Recent drought conditions forced us to make a hard decision. We've done our best to preserve the old in combination with the new. We value and appreciate your feedback. Thank you for choosing Ridgemark Golf & Country Club. We hope that you will give our new layout a second look.

"Finally a competent greenskeeper"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/23/2018
Previously played Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

I have played this course many times over the years and I have never seen the greens in better shape. Compliments to the greenskeeper. The rest of the course condition is average at best. Bar, Restaurant staff and quality of food are very good.

"fun curse to play."

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/07/2018

The course is in pretty good shape and fun to play. Some of the sand traps need work.

Response from Ridgemark Golf & Country Club on 02/12/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

gilbertperez's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/01/2018

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Ridgemark Golf & Country Club on 02/05/2018:

Hello Gilbert, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. It looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the golf experience that you deserve.<br/>

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/07/2018

a fun course to play, very reasonable price for weekend if you are willing to drive.

"Not happy"

BaldoArenas's avatar
Plays:  Twice a year

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/06/2018

I don’t like the new lay out. Spend to much time driving to the next hole than playing.

Course Layout: Poor

Response from Ridgemark Golf & Country Club on 01/09/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Ridgemark Golf & Country Club, in the Hollister, California area. We appreciate your dedication to playing our course over the years but are very sorry to hear your recent experience with us may have been poor due to the course conditions. We greatly value your feedback as we work towards any necessary improvements, and hope you will notice some of these improvements during your next round with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

"Course is horrible"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/01/2018

I live in hollister only reason I play there because of the price was cheap but greens are horrible condition fairways are horrible also to bad course use to be a nice place to play.

Response from Ridgemark Golf & Country Club on 01/05/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Ridgemark Golf & Country Club in the Hollister, California area. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round, and we appreciate your feedback regarding the greens so we may work on any necessary improvements. However, we're glad you received a good value for your round and we hope this improved your overall experience. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Overbooked and allow 5somes"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/29/2017

It was ridiculous we(me and my wife ) went out as a two(no one was paired with us)but we had two 5somes in front of us and I saw another 3 behind us and even one 6some.Sorry but I don't understand this philosophy at all,Sure it looked like some of them were members with there own carts but come on waiting at every hole forever to shoot is ridiculous and booking groups every 7 mins when most are a fivesome is not even realistic.I'm sure it wouldn't have been as bad if they could play half way decent but every hole 3 were looking for balls and if we had another two people playing with us it wouldn't have been so slow feeling as well but to put a twosome between all the 5somes was really a cruel deal.off my list of polaces to play again and greens have a fungus and don't roll true at all this needs to be corrected.

Response from Ridgemark Golf & Country Club on 01/04/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to share about your recent experience with us, Ridgemark Golf & Country Club. We're very sorry to hear you and your wife may have had a poor golf experience due to a slow pace of play on the day of your round. We value your constructive feedback so we may pass this along to our team and improve your experience in the future. Thank you for choosing to play our course, and we hope to see you again soon.

"used to be a fun course to play"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/26/2017

they transition two courses into one and it is a mess. you drive around having no idea where to go having to depend on a little 11 by 12 piece of paper saying this way to the next hole. No cart service and the course is in terrible shape as well. I have played this course many times in the past and will never Play It Again. Save your money and play somewhere else that is organized .searching for signs to tell you where to go. Also makes GPS watches or phones useless because two different courses and skipping holes it's completely a mess. Really too bad this course used to be a fun place to play.

Response from Ridgemark Golf & Country Club on 01/05/2018:

"Needs some tlc"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/26/2017

An okay round of golf, you can find a better deal at other courses. The course and surrounding grounds need a lot of TLC, it was the day after Christmas but they didn’t have a drink cart going around and there was only one water fountain for 18 holes and no place to get snacks or a food until you were back at the club house. Not sure how it’s considered a country club.

Response from Ridgemark Golf & Country Club on 01/04/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Ridgemark Golf & Country Club in the Hollister area. We're sorry to hear you may have a had a poor customer experience with us recently due to the course conditions and amenities, and we greatly value your feedback for future improvements. It looks like you had a smooth pace of play so we hope this improved your overall experience with us. Thank you for choosing our course, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

"Fun curse to play."

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/21/2017

I was in 2 bunkers. One had very little sand, the other was a great bunker. That sums up the course. Parts are really good and other parts need work. Still fun to play.

Response from Ridgemark Golf & Country Club on 12/26/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Ridgemark Golf & Country Club, and for the 3 stars. We're glad to hear you had a fun round with us recently, and it looks like you had a positive experience with our staff as well. However, we greatly appreciate your feedback regarding some of the bunker and course conditions so we may work on improving your future experience with us. Thank you for choosing our course in the San Francisco area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Fun course to play"

Riceball300's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/19/2017

Always a fun course to play. The par 3s are relatively long and challenging. Most importantly because it rained a few days ago greens were bumpy which made it more challenging .

“I always tell myself be grateful your playing this great game no matter the outcome”

"Slooow"

tslyman's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/19/2017

Got stuck behing a 5 some, not sure how that happened but it was painful

"Fun but rough"

John7373891's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/14/2017

This is a fun Golf Course to play, but it needs a little help. Lots of areas are in rough condition and the greens were a bit bumpy. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Will definitely play this course again when in the area.

Response from Ridgemark Golf & Country Club on 11/17/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Ridgemark Golf & Country Club, and for the 3-stars. We are sorry to hear that parts of the course may not have been in the best shape when you played, particularly in areas of the rough and the greens. Your feedback is appreciated. It sounds like you had a friendly experience with our staff and it looks like you enjoyed the course layout, so we are glad to see that. Thank you for recommending our course, in the San Francisco area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"San Benito gem"

pblooper's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2017
Used cart Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

Nice layout, beefy par 3's, friendly residents, risk/reward opportunities, good eats afterward and golf staff was very personable and accommodating