Type Private
Wickenburg Ranch Golf & Social Club

Year Built 2015
Fairways Bentgrass
Greens Bentgrass
Architect Wendell Pickett (2008) Bill Brownlee (2008)

Carts Yes - included

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Proper Golf Attire

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 10

first Time playing this course , overall the course was very good ... fairways were maintained , and greens were firm and fast . My only complaints are they did not have gps in carts , and the pro shop did not offer course play books , making this course very hard to play ...as many of the holes are “blind” shots . We would have enjoyed course more if the carts were equipped with gps . Nevertheless, I would play this course again .

Dear u244006554,

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback and a rating of your recent experience with us. Unfortunately we don't offer GPS but we do have yardage guides available in the Sportshop for assistance while on course. We hate you were not able to receive one before playing. We look forward to having you back out again soon in the near future.

Will come back again.

Great layout, in wonderful condition. I just wish they had a Ranger present to monitor pace of play!

Dear u1664508,

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback and a rating of your recent experience with us. We appreciate your comments and assure you we have a Player Assistant monitoring pace of play on a daily basis. We look forward to having you back out soon.

Head Golf Professional

Pace of play was great and the course layout was awesome.

Dear jlighthipe,

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback and a rating of your recent experience with us. We appreciate your support and look forward to having you back out soon.

Great cousse

A great course in exceptiional condition for August

Dear Holeinonex4,

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback and a rating of your recent experience with us. We look forward to having you back out soon.

Hard to beat

The tees are huge and they let you use the entire width of them and yes they were just plugged but still great. The fairways had no issues or problems and the large greens were just a few ball marks short of pristine. All the greens had nice/interesting curves, levels and pin placements. The layout is down through ravine after ravine except for the ones that went up the ravines and a few above the ravines. There are a couple of places where you are looking at subdivisions being built but the course is a real treat. The rather spacious bunkers are filled with high quality soft sand that was a pleasure to hit out of. Nothing even close to the hard pan I’ve seen all summer in the valley. The staff was gracious and helpful and if you could find anyone as personable as today’s bag guy/cart guy/starter Jeff McTighe you should hire him . He made my day with good info and pleasurable company. Kudos to Wickenburg Ranch. Didn’t eat there but the kitchen smells had me drooling.
It’s a first class operation. Writing this while sitting on one of the many patios overlooking the 1st and 18th holes. At this time of year, the twilight rate is a bargain, treat yourself!

Dear 98azelda,

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent experience with us. Your informative review really covered every aspect of the facility and Jeff is one of our shining stars. We look forward to having you back out soon.

Great course, but...

Excellent layout and course condition. The staff friendly and helpful.

The only negative is the lack of drinking water on the course. There is none on about the last eight holes due to some type of problem with their water stations. The starter advised us to get water from the cart girl! Really? Buy water or go without in the middle of summer? This is unacceptable. WR should get a few bIg igloos and stock them with ice and bottled water.

Dear u314159445182,

Thanks for taking the time to provide a rating of your recent experience with us. We have addressed the water issues and apologize for the inconvenience caused. We look forward to having you back out soon.

Dear jsilverberg,

Thanks for taking the time to provide a rating of your recent experience with us. We look forward to having you back out soon.

Top notch

It was a pleasure getting to finally play this golf course. Greens and fairways in this kind of condition, at this time of year, just don’t exist in Arizona. The layout is challenging, but not impossible. I shot an 82 playing the blue tees. 13, a 220 yard par 3 is spectacular. I’ll play this course, and make the drive every chance I get. It’s a class joint.

Dear cjw269,

Thanks for your feedback on your experience and kudos on a great round of golf from the blue tees. We appreciate your support and look forward to having you back out in the near future.

MAKE THE TRIP OUT

This course is 100% worth the drive! If you don’t make it out to play this course, you’re doing yourself a disservice. Best greens you’ll ever play on! They were absolutely perfect. Course is so fun to play, great views and awesome mix of challenging holes. Only a few shots where a first time player might not know where to hit, otherwise it’s prerrt straight up. Course is in fantastic shape other than the tee boxes just punched but that is irrelevant. Make the trip!!

Dear TheBeej13,

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent experience with us. You are spot on with your comments on the views and mix and match of challenging and risk rewarding holes. We look forward to having you back out in the near future!

Dear bdodridge,

Thanks for your feedback and ratings on your recent experience with us. We hope to see you in the near future.

California Advisor

A bit disappointing

Guess I was expecting a little more given what others had told me about the course, especially being I paid the same amount to play Quintero, which is a much better track. Conditions were spotty in areas, burned out in some spots, wet and muddy in others, but good for the most part. The layout is fun and somewhat challenging. Water is present on some holes, and a blind shot here and there. Greens overall were in good condition. If I was in the area again, would play, but I wouldn't go out of my way to play here and there are other better values closer to Phoenix.

Dear hacksalot03,

Thanks for your feedback on your experience and course conditions. Summer time transitional periods can lead to some less than ideal conditons, so we do apologize for that. We hope that you will come back and see us as we know you won't be dissapointed.

Head Golf Professional

Summer condition but still great

Good shape for summer. Pace of play was good, but it’s a hard course. Still best value I’ve played.

Commented on 10/08/2019

Thanks for your feedback on your experience, and we are glad to hear that you found the value to be top notch.

Excellent golf experience

The golf course is a wonderfully manicured facility. The course is not easy and not a good choice for a new golfer. But an average or above average player will find it challenging, but fair. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Commented on 06/12/2019

Thanks for taking the time to provide some feedback on your experience with us. Glad to hear it was enjoyable in all areas and you found the course challenging but fair. Please come back to see us again soon!

Nevada Advisor

5 stars on every level

Wickenburg Ranch is just incredible on every level. No weak points, no complaints about anything. If there’s an issue so to speak it’s just that it’s plain old far from Phoenix/Scottsdale. Worth the 1hr 15 min hike from north Scottsdale. If this course was in Scottsdale it would be 300 bucks to play. Paid around 135 in late May 2019. Worth every penny. Pro shop, snack bar/restaurant etc. is so clean and welcoming. I’ve been to high end private courses that aren’t on this superb level. Played this course the second month it was open for play. Was a 10 then and a 10 now. Course is one if not the most pristine courses I’ve ever played. Tough track but not as crazy tight/narrow as let’s say Quintero Or Troon North.

As Ferris Bueler would say, “If you can play here do so, it’s so choice.”

Commented on 06/12/2019

Thanks for your feedback and glad to know we met and exceeded your expectations. We pride ourselves on the experience with regards to service and conditions and even better to know we have maintained some consistency through the years in these areas. Thanks for your continued support and we look forward to having you back out soon!

Wow!

This golf course is truly unbelievable! The course is always in mint conditions and you will not find another facility like this for a public course in the area. Every staff member truly wants you to have a great time and the service all around was great! The Lil' Wick is excellent and a great warm up or close to your experience at Wickenburg. This is my personal favorite course in the entire Phoenix / Wickenburg area and I would recommend this course to everyone!

Commented on 06/12/2019

Thanks for taking the time to briefly go through your experience with us. We pride ourselves on the experience, as it translates to service and conditions and it seems we hit the mark. Please come back to see us soon!

FANTASTIC!

One of the best courses I've played. Super fun and absolutely Gorgeous. Get in and play before they restrict it to members only. The layout of the course is challenging but very fair. Unlike many Arizona courses, you do not get penalized by less than perfect shots to the fairways. The Greens may be a different story. They are large and in PRISTINE condition, but many are divided into separate levels or sections and your approach shots need to be accurate to get close to the pin. Subtle slopes affect putts much more than meets the eye. This is a MUST PLAY and worth the drive if you are in the Phoenix or Prescott area.

Commented on 06/12/2019

Thanks for your feedback and glad to hear the course and overall experience exceeded your expectations. The course offers a great mix of forgiveness off the team and some challenge on your approach shots and around the green. Definitely a MUST PLAY and we look forward to you playing with us in the future.

Good and Bad

Beautiful course with extreme elevation changes. Too many par three and par fives Every hole required drive over desert area Many blind shots either off the tee or into the greens Many holes where good but not great shots left the ball in areas where up and down was very difficult. Many of the pins were set very close to the left or right edge of the big greens. This was not obvious from the fairways second or third time around would have made the course much more playable. In short, a beautiful, extremely well maintained course of unusual design fun but simply not very user friendly. I would gladly play again but would not want to play on a regular basis

Commented on 06/12/2019

Thanks for taking the time to provide some feedback on your experience with us. We do have large green complexes, which allow for a multitude of pin placements, and it appears you played on a day of higher difficulty. Nevertheless, we hope you enjoyed the challenge and found it fair. We hope to see you soon to give Wickenburg Ranch another try!

Commented on 06/12/2019

Thanks for taking the time to complete a survey of your experience with us, and we look forward to having you back out soon!

Wickenburg, Arizona