Wickenburg Ranch Golf & Social Club

Red (Back) (W) 71 4991 yards 69.0 120
Red (Front) 71 4847 yards 63.0 109
Red (Front) (W) 71 4847 yards 68.1 118
Scorecard for Wickenburg Ranch and Golf Club
Black M: 72.4/139 441 209 438 183 622 343 562 193 575 3566 365 186 433 246 595 416 426 212 614 3493 7059
Blue M: 70.6/134 411 172 402 165 568 310 513 167 556 3264 339 162 399 220 564 382 404 197 555 3222 6486
White M: 68.5/126 W: 70.7/127 386 153 354 160 533 281 497 146 527 3037 317 152 366 194 509 351 373 181 522 2965 6002
Red M: 63.5/109 W: 65.9/113 305 92 282 124 486 246 447 93 416 2491 271 123 342 121 435 332 327 153 401 2505 4996

Year Built 2015
Fairways Bentgrass
Greens Bentgrass
Architect Wendell Pickett (2008) Bill Brownlee (2008)

Carts Yes - included

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Proper Golf Attire

• Golf Advisor: Best of Golf Advisor (2017 #9)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Course Conditions in the U.S. (2017 #1)
  • Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Arizona (2017 #1) (2016 #14)

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 9

Awesome staff second time playing course is one of the best manicured courses I have ever played.

Great course, great experience

The Ranch is a great course, very well designed and in immaculate condition. It is certainly a challenge but it is fair and definitely a course where good shots are a big help. Very scenic and well worth a visit.

Scenic

Course is in excellent condition, greens are large and putt well. Lots of blind shots and side hill lies. Traps are large and numerous. A scenic, challenging course.

Wickenburg trilogy

Had better experience first time. Golf now showed 90 degree rule. When we go there, was told paths only. We had one in our group with a bad knee. 2 Marshall’s said OK to 90 degree but the 3rd said absolutely not after playing 9 holes. Service in restaurant was slow but food was great.

Commented On 11/14/2018

Thanks for your recent review of your experience with us. We have corrected the course conditions with Golf Now and ensure that they will be correct moving forward. We do hope to see you back out to Wickenburg Ranch in the near future.

Head Golf Professional

Make sure you check course conditions as they don’t apparently publish them

After recently relocating to Phoenix I decided to check out a top tier course and I convinced my fiancée to come with me bragging about how amazing the reviews were and it’s a top tier course. It was a sorry let down. Course was half killed off already for work next week without any notice, the starter said it was the first few holes.... it was more than 9. I really felt like I let her down on bringing her to a lush oasis in the desert. Driving 80 miles each way didn’t help either. Their little par 3 course looked like it was in terrific shape, wish the big course was too. I also wish management would have done something besides say sorry. I always look for Troon run courses as they are the best, maybe this one can get back there.

Pin placements were very challenging with only one that was unfair. Greens were in pretty darn good shape still. Tee boxes were fine. It was just the dead fairways that really took away from a great round.

Commented On 11/14/2018

Thanks for taking the time to comment on your recent experience with us. Preparations had begun for overseed which does alter the visual aspect of the playing surface but as for play ability the course is not affected. Thanks for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you back out in the near future.

Well worth the drive!!!

I spent some time searching and reviewing courses and ratings... This is a top shelf course and well worth the $60 (& then some) that I paid on GolfNow to play. Only an hour from Scottsdale and a scenic drive along the 74 highway. (We took the 101 loop, #74 and #60 to get there)

The course was on time with play when we arrived... so no delays in getting to the 1st tee.

The pro shop attendant was polite and welcoming.

The marshal was seen by our group 4 different times and kept pushing the group in front of us to pick up the pace as we were only a 3some.

We saw the cart girl twice and she mixes a good Caesar!!

The layout is an outward 9 and an inward 9 so seeing a snack shack was not in the cards. Bring some snacks and munchies to hold off being “hangry”. There are 3 spots to go to the washroom and refill your water bottles. We froze our water and used the course water filling stations to replenish.

The greens were in mint shape and pin placements played very fair. Fairways were in great shape and bunkers seemed to be as well even though I managed to stay out of them.(I shot 39-39) We played in 4 hours 22minutes and could have easily finished in 4 hours had the Marshall scurried the group in front of us a little more.

After our round we went for a bite to eat in Old Town Wickenburg at Anita’s Cochina. I suggest you go there for a great meal and beverage after your game. It’s well worth it... and if you want to see a great souvenir shop with history ... Visit the Rusty Rooster and let Geri talk you in to spending some money on many of the souvenirs and crafts in her excellent store. We did!!

Commented On 11/14/2018

Thanks for your review of your experience with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the golf course, hospitality and overall experience. Thanks for taking the time to comment and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Commented On 09/21/2018

Thanks for taking the time to rate our golf course and your overall experience with us. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Steve Outlaw, PGA

We came out to play some golf in sunny AZ the course was beautiful and in great shape. This is not an easy course for sure but was a great play for the price . Would come back again . The staff was top notch and friendly . Had a Great time

Commented On 08/30/2018

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent experience with us. We are glad that the weather was in order and that you enjoyed the course conditions. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Bring Your A Game*

Greens are perfect and fast. Traps are not good.

OK to play once in awhile but wouldn't want to play it every day!

Commented On 08/08/2018

Thanks for your recent review, and glad the course conditions were up to your expectations. We will look into the condition of our sand traps as you mentioned, but hope to see you out again in the near future.

Head Golf Professional

Conditions as great as ever, POP too slow

Wick Ranch has consistently been the best maintained course in the Phoenix area since it opened several years back. The greens are quick but putt very well. They are, however, quite difficult, in no small measure because of how quick they are given how much slope they have.

The only downside to this round (aside from the weather, which - hey, it's Arizona in July) was the pace of play. We teed off at 8:00 and it took nearly five hours to finish our round, which is just not acceptable for such an early tee time. I've never played a fast round at Wick Ranch, the greens are too hard and the course too spread out and hilly, but five hours is absurd when so few people are on the course early. Worse, we were playing with a member and he mentioned the slow pace to a ranger at about the 12th hole. The ranger figured we were "on pace." If they are comfortable with that slow of a pace that early in the day (meaning for the rest of the day every round will be at least that long or longer) then perhaps I'm comfortable playing elsewhere.

Commented On 08/18/2018

Thanks for your feedback on your recent visit with us. We are glad you enjoyed the golf course and the conditions. The greens are in great condition and a welcomed test. Our set pace of play is 4 hours and 20 minutes, and it appears we were 15 minutes over pace on the day, which we do apologize for. Pace of play is one of our main priorities and I assure you that won't be a problem moving forward. Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you back out with us in the near future.

Head Golf Professional

Disappointed with indoor staff and pace of play.

I talk about how great Wickenberg Ranch all the time...I tell everyone I meet that it is my favorite course in the state. But today I was very disappointed. I originally booked a foursome but one backed out. I modified the reservation Friday morning and when I arrived I was told I still had to buy the 4th spot. Then we are forced to suffer through a 5 hour round in a 107 degree heat.

I will not be going back anytime soon.

Dear Mr. Carrick,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent experience with us. Looking back on the information provided, you were within our 48 hour cancellation policy, for the tee time in question, as sent with the email confirmation. Despite being within the window of the cancellation policy, the team did offer to extend a credit for the value paid toward a future round of golf with us. Looking back through our pace of play records, pace was approximately 15-20 minutes behind which I do greatly apologize for. I assure you that moving forward this will be improved.

Commented On 08/08/2018

Thanks for your recent review and glad you enjoyed the experience. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Spanky's review

Excellent conditions, fun course...but you gotta play it more than once to know where to hit it. For some reason, there is a 2 club difference..use the extra clubs! That's Spanky's tip of the day on this course!

Commented On 07/25/2018

Thanks for the feedback regarding your recent round of golf with us. We are glad you enjoyed and look forward to having you back out in the near future.

Pristine

This course is in pristine condition I love the bent grass greens this course will test you in every way my favorite course in Arizona

Commented On 07/25/2018

Thanks for your review of your recent experience us. We are glad to hear course conditions exceeded your expectations, and hope we remain your favorite course in Arizona.

Excellent Experience

The course was in excellent condition and very beautiful. The restaurant, Jakes Spoon, was so comfortable and we really enjoyed the food.. All of the employees were great. Not a single bad thing. We will definitely be going back.

Commented On 07/25/2018

Thanks for your recent review of your overall experience with us. We are glad that you enjoyed the course and that our supporting amenities and service was to your liking. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Simply the best

Best course I've played in absolute pristine condition . Loved it hope they keep it public I will definitely be back if they do

Commented On 07/25/2018

Thanks for your rave review of our facility. We are glad the conditions exceeded your expectations and hope you will come back to visit us soon.

Excellent.

Everything was great. One of The best 3 Golf Courses I have played in Arizona. Its a must play for anyone.

Commented On 07/25/2018

Thanks for your review and glad the overall experience was to your liking. It truly is a must play, and we hope to remain at the top of your list. Look forward to seeing you back out soon!

Head Golf Professional

A gem in the desert of Arizona

This is a fantastic course, challenging and a lot of blind shots. Be sure to read the handout book they give you before each shot. My favorite hole is # 14 with the water running all the way down the left side of the hole, simply "breathtaking". Yes, totally enjoyed this wonderful "gem in the desert".

Commented On 06/23/2018

Thanks for taking the time to offer feedback on your recent round of golf with us. The 14th is truly a great golf hole, with unbelievable views! We look forward to having you back out to visit with us in the near future.

Always in good shape and A Great Golf Course

this is in my opinion the best golf course in the state of Arizona at this time for Public Play,it will go Private at some time so go and play it while you can,has a great layout and lots of different types of golf holes,does not seem to be playing the same hole over and over like some courses it is Always in very good shape and has Great Greens friendly staff and very nice people in the little bar/canteen area near the golf shop

Commented On 06/23/2018

Thanks for your feedback and we echo your comments. Glad you had the opportunity to spend the day with us and look forward to having you out in the near future.

Wickenburg, Arizona