Learn more about becoming a member at
Wickenburg Ranch Golf & Social Club

Type Private

Year Built 2015
Fairways Bentgrass
Greens Bentgrass
Architect Wendell Pickett (2008) Bill Brownlee (2008)

Carts Yes - included

Available Sports

Fitness, Tennis, Pickleball

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 10

Best of the Best!

Wickenburg Golf and Social club is my personal favorite course in the Phoenix / Wickenburg area. The conditions are always unbelievable even in the hot summer months when some courses struggle. The facilities up here are the best! I have played almost every course in the area and Wickenburg is still the Champ! I highly recommend making the drive to see for yourself!

Great Sunday

Course was great as usual, greens not as fast as a couple weeks ago, but still true. Lucked out on the weather as the high was only 90. Staff was great as always, highly recommended!!

Commented on 07/01/2020

Dear u314159776629,

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent experience with us. We are glad to hear the course was enjoyable and in good condition, and the experience delivered by our staff exceeded your expectations. Please come back and see us again soon!

Birthday Round

Great course, staff was excellent, highly recommend.

Commented on 07/01/2020

Dear u314159776629,

Thanks for spending your birthday with us and even better to hear you had an enjoyable experience. We look forward to having you back out to play again soon.

Director of Golf

Awesome course, not a great experience on the course

Marshall hassled is the entire way, even when group was still in the green at times. Not a great time to enjoy a$200 round

Commented on 05/30/2020

Maybe for you a 4.5 hour round of golf is fine, but for the rest of us it is not. NO reason to play anything longer than 3 hours. Don't come back, slow play sucks for everyone behind you.

Dear u350305387,

Thanks for taking time to provide some insight into your experience with us. We'll be sure to get with the team on our Player Assistant's approach, which I do apologize for on this occasion, but hope you appreciate the importance of pace of play and our emphasis on monitoring this for all our guest to ensure a great experience.

Staff problems

We had a golf group head out here about 4 weeks ago and we were really excited about the course. The experience was spoiled by the pro shop experience. We went next store to the bar to purchase champagne for the final par 3 experience (we like wine) and got accused of bringing drinks on the course when walking from the bar through the clubhouse. I explained I would show him my receipt and I was next door, but he didn’t care. He then further accused my friend in the cart for bringing alcohol on site, which he had bought earlier and offered to provide a receipt. Twice accused. No apology, just smug - we would have spent a lot of money in the pro shop but we were too offended. Also, 2 people cancelled due to potential Covid 19 and there were zero refunds. I wrote to our booking agent and they didn’t even ask to reach out and speak upon my request. This course costs a good chunk of change, and it was well over an hour to get from PHX. I’m disappointed in the club and would recommend taking your money somewhere that can provide a better experience - and not be accusatory. I’m happy to discuss further and can direct message me on FB to set up a call to discuss more.

Great course!

Beautiful course, very friendly staff, course conditions excellent! Plan to play again on Sunday!

Dear Louann2225569,

Thanks for taking the time to provide some feedback on your experience with us, and we look forward to having you back out soon!

My new favorite course.

Immaculate course condition. Best tee boxes I have ever seen....manicured and flat. Fairways are wide and perfect....like hitting off a mat. Greens are true, fast, and very challenging. Back 9 has two of the most beautiful holes I have ever seen. The course is 50 miles from home and worth the drive.

Dear Mhachquet,

Thanks for your comments and feedback on your recent experience with us. We are glad to hear the course conditions exceeded your expectations, as that is something we take very serious. Our signature hole (#13), i'll take a guess, is one of the holes you were referring to on the back nine. Thanks for your support and we look forward to your return visit in the future.

Fun golf outing

Oh my gosh. This course is absolutely beautiful. A bit hard, but a lit if fun. My only "complaint" was when we were done with our round, we went to the restaurant to eat dinner, we were not able to dine there because we didn't have reservations. I wish we would have known ahead of time. Otherwise, a very fun day!!

Dear u486838008,

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with us. Its unfortunate to hear your feedback on the dining experience afterwards, and I do apologize for that. I will be sure to pass on your feedback and ensure a better experience on your next visit with us.

Director of Golf

Great course but tough to play when windy !

Beautiful course in excellent condition. Very organized and friendly staff. Clearly a well run facility. Well stocked pro shop. Practice range was very good also. Greens were very tricky but in very good condition and ran true. Never saw a mower but course was immaculate. Very tough to play on a windy day like today but this is a great course and the people there are doing a great job !

Dear u314159802355,

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with us. We are glad the conditions and overall experience exceeded your expectations and look forward to having you back out in the near future!

Worth the money

The course was in fantastic shape. Greens were bent grass and fast and true. Lots of undulations And held the shot in very well. If you hit a bad shot you will pay. The views were amazing.

Dear John9908175,

Thanks for your review of your round and experience with us. We are glad to hear the conditions exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed the views. We look forward to having you back out in the near future.

Must Play

Have been playing golf for almost 50 years and have played over 350 different courses and this is as good as it gets

Staff - friendly, informative from the bag drop , pro shop , starter and ranger

Tee boxes - perfect , grass is tightly mown, level
Fairways - - perfect
Bunkers - only was in 2 green side , they were perfect

Greens - bent grass , rolled true and at a good speed. They are large and undulated

Layout - lots of elevation changes

Pace of play - threesome 11:00 time , finished in 3:50 playing behind several 4somes

There are a few blind shots so if you are lucky to play with someone that played the course ask questions

While quite the drive from Phoenix , at $145 in January this is worth every penny

Great course, must play

Dear Sam5773357,

Thanks for taking the time to provide a very informative review of your experience with us. We are glad we were able to meet and exceed your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Dear stevenmariani,

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with us and we look forward to having you back out soon.

Wonderful experience

Troon knows how to treat golfers. It was a beautiful day and the course was great. The course is difficult with several par 3s a little long for we recreational golfers. Keep up the good work. Thank you

Dear u000001632694,

Thanks for your feedback and comments regarding your recent experience with us. Thanks for your support and we look forward to having you back out with us in the near future.

Amazing condition

I feel like I’ve played a lot of courses and I’d say the condition could be some of the best I’ve played. At times it felt like I was at Augusta National. Absolutely pristine conditions. It was a bit of a drive from Scottsdale but was well worth it. We played TPC Scottsdale stadium course the day before and Wickenburg was just as fun with better conditions.

Dear u000005878546,

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback, and glad you saw the value in the experience provided. We pride ourselves on our course conditions and always great to be compared to great courses such as Augusta National and TPC Scottsdale. We look forward to seeing you back out in the near future!

Quebec Advisor

Great course with some caveats

We had passed on Wickenburg Ranch in previous years because it's quite a long way out of Phoenix, but decided to finally go for it this year. Our expectations were high, and in the end our experience was mixed.

On the upside, the views are fantastic throughout, with elevated teeboxes allowing you to soak it all in; the conditions were superb from tee to green, showing great care is taken to keep the course in top shape, and the staff was very friendly from bag drop all the way to the end.

The biggest caveat was probably the noise level; unfortunately the course is setup such that you hear all vehicles using the nearby service roads, as well as ongoing construction of houses; not sure how much can be done about those, but it does make the experience less peaceful, which is what you would expect when going this far out of the city.

Another thing of note is design issues on a few holes, creating several blind or semi-blind shots along the way. The biggest offender is probably the par-5 9th, where you won't see the green until you are about 70 yards in; with a great view looking back from the top, it feels like a wasted opportunity for this hole to be somehow turned around.

Short of some major rework on those holes, an in-cart GPS seems like it would be a welcome addition, especially given the price of admission, and would help alleviate these issues.

We really wanted to like the course, and we still had a great time; but considering the aforementioned issues, the trek and price, we probably won't go back.

Commented on 12/18/2019

Dear GolfLeo,

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience. I do apologize for any outside noise that you may have experienced, this is definitely not the norm. It is a challenging but fair design, which we feel our aiming posts help in guiding you around the course. Although we don't have GPS on the carts, we do offer yardage guides, which assists with holes with somewhat blind approaches such as #9. Despite these inconveniences, we do hope you enjoyed the course, which is in immaculate condition as you mentioned, as we hope to see you again in the near future.

Best Conditioned Public Course in Arizona

The course was perfectly maintained. Tee large tee boxes were perfectly square and level. Greens were pure. This course isn't easy, but it has the widest landing areas from the tee of any desert course in AZ. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

Dear jmpeck25,

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent experience with us. We pride ourselves on course conditions and overall experience so we're glad to hear we hit the mark on this visit. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Boston Advisor

Truly spectacular

It is kind of sad that a lot of folks from Phoenix and Scottsdale think that this course is too much of a trek for them. This is a true gem of a golf course, the layout is one of the best I have ever played and the condition is top notch. With elevation changes and several semi-blind shots, Wickenburg Ranch will make you work off the tee. The greens are large and they all rolled true for us on this day.
We just played six courses in the area in six days on a buddies trip and this course was in the top two alongside Quintero. Also, the service here was over the top, especially the bartender Mo, she will surely make you laugh. If you’re planning a trip to Scottsdale suck it up and make the hour long drive to this course, you won’t be sorry.

Dear BostonGolfTraveler,

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent visit with us. The picturesque drive to Wickenburg Ranch is calming before the challenging but fair test that Wickenburg Ranch provides. We are glad you found it to be a gem, and more importantly that the service exceeded your expectations. We look forward to your future visits with us.

Arizona Advisor

Great time - worth the drive.

The course is in great shape. It just recently came out of overseeding. The greens were soft, but oddly fast. There were hardly any blemishes on the greens. They looked like a carpet. The fairways were all green and full. This is a beautiful course. It is not an easy course. You need to control your shots, or you will end up in trouble. This is a fun and interesting course. I had a great time. Well worth the drive to get here. We played in about 4 hours. The carts have a cooler with ice on them as well as a ball washer and club cleaner. which makes it very handy.

Dear trogersaz1,

Thanks for taking the time to provided a detail account of your experience with us. This overseed was one of our best in recent times, and we're glad you enjoyed the pristine conditions. Overall experience is important to us and glad pace of play and all amenities provided exceeded your expectations. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

Wickenburg, Arizona