Wickenburg Ranch Golf & Social Club

• 3312 Maverick Drive, Wickenburg, Arizona 85390
  • www.wickenburgranch.com

Year built: 2015
Architect(s): Wendell Pickett (2008), Bill Brownlee (2008)
Type: Private
Greens: Bentgrass
Fairways: Bentgrass

Carts: Yes - included

Dress code: Proper Golf Attire
Credit cards accepted: Yes

Location is worth the drive   Great for advanced golfers a bucket list/top 100 pick a weekend splurge   Challenges include elevation changes forced carries undulating greens

"Awesome Wickenburg!"

coopsdana's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/24/2018

The drive to Wickenburg Ranch is sooooo worth it! An incredible course! Conditions of the golf course tee to green were immaculate. This is our third visit to Phoenix to golf and we have not golfed the same course twice but we will definitely do this one again in heartbeat! Pace of play was very good. All the facilities were impressive. Greens are challenging but extremely receptive. Despite a horrible putting game, I played one of my bext ball striking rounds in years. Really excellent experience!

"A+"

jrham's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/20/2018

Thanks very nice! Could you move it closer to me in Sun City!

"Golf with my son ."

manito's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/17/2018

The course is a hidden gem. Played with my son 13 . Got paired with couple from New York . The day was awesome ! The pace of play was good . 4:20 not bad for first time on the course . Would return for sure!

Commented on 02/20/2018

Thanks for your feedback regarding your recent experience with us. We are glad to hear that it was enjoyable and look forward to having you back out to play with us in the near future.

Barry8775974's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/13/2018

Don’t want to complain But bar staff could be a little friendly and not yell over customers.

Commented on 02/19/2018

Thanks for your feedback which I will be sure to relay to the team. We hope you enjoyed the golf and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Steven Outlaw

Head Golf Professional

"Great course lousy golfers"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/12/2018
First time playing Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

The course was simply outstanding. However, I caught up with a 5-some who would not let me play through. Fivesomes are not allowed according to staff. I quit after 14 holes because the pace of play was so slow. This was a very disappointing experience on a fantastic golf course.

Commented on 02/19/2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience here at Wickenburg Ranch Golf and Social Club. Of course this type of experience is something we never want to occur. Please email me at steven.outlaw@wickenburgranch.com so we can discuss further.

Thanks

"Great Shape, Great Value"

William3249704's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/07/2018

This course is in great shape! Greens very quick and great layout. If this course was in Phoenix metro would cost over $200. Is in my top ten. Only problem we played behind some members and it was very slow, I get it is their course but no reason to be slow. At some point it will be private so go when you can!

Commented on 02/19/2018

Thank you very much for your feedback of the golf course layout, conditions and overall experience. We are glad you enjoyed, and hope to see you again in the near future.

Steve Outlaw

"Never again"

sadwes's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/04/2018

Slowest play I have ever experienced. Four hours = twelve holes. Finally gave up and drove back to the clubhouse. The Srarter/ Ranger actually picked up a ball of one of our players that was in play. He drove by and picked the ball up along the cart path and we yelled at him, hey is that a Titilest, he said ya, I said that’s our ball. He threw it at us, no sorry, nothing. Who would do that! Drove from Phoenix to play this course. Never again.

Commented on 02/08/2018

Played out here with some buddies last week. The course was awesome the conditions were awesome. The staff was awesome. The food and cocktails were awesome. We had a great time.

We did run into a surly marshal though. I appreciate that they are trying to keep the pace up but he was much less than friendly and we were less than 10 minutes out of position and not holding anyone up.

We'll definitely be back in spite of his grumpiness.

Commented on 02/06/2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience here at Wickenburg Ranch Golf and Social Club. Of course this type of experience is something we never want out here. Please email me at brad.bachman@wickenburgranch.com so we can discuss further.

Thank you!

"Good course, some staff not very friendly."

cmathia's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/01/2018

Great on course experience but a single star overall experience.

We’ve gone out for the WM for the past several years and have played numerous public and private courses. We all heard great things about Wickenburg. After convincing our group to make the trek (well over an hour) our club Pro offered to reserve us tee times. Person he spoke with was apparently very gracious and reserved 2 groups of 4 at the resident rate. When we showed up, the rate increased by $50. "Sir, I don't have any notes here on the rate you were given". Which was fine...there’s probably a different way to deliver that message..but fine. Then when asked where we could grab a cooler of beverages, "Sir...I have no way to sell you any beer right now". Again…probably a different way to communicate that too. The overall feeling from that exchange did not sit well with any of us…especially after passing Quintero to get there.

As for the course, it was a nice layout. Very scenic.

Not too hard...fabulous conditions. Cart service was GREAT! Marshalls were GREAT! One of our foursome had a ball ricochet off a rock and land in a home-owners yard. Funny to hear him tell us we were ‘lucky we didn't break anything’...and not in a way you would expect from someone who lives on a golf course. One of the Marshalls chuckled. Pace was great…we played in just under 4 hours...greens were tricky and quick. The overall playing experience was very good.

While the cart service, marshalls, bar staff, and even some folks in pro shop were great...others were not....specifically the guy who smacked one of our groups foot off a bar stool “get your foot off there” as he walked by without stopping. His foot probably should not have been up there, but we were the only one's in the bar and again...probably a different way to communicate that. It was a reminder that our previous experience was not isolated and that there are better options much closer to Phoenix.

Spent close to $3K that day and won’t be back.

Commented on 02/19/2018

We are sorry to hear about your experience here at Wickenburg Ranch Golf and Social Club. Of course this type of experience is something we never want to occur. If you could please email me at steven.outlaw@wickenburgranch.com or call me at 928-415-8114, it would be greatly appreciated so we can discuss further.

"Good Course"

nealhamblin's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/24/2018

The layout and condition of the course were excellent. The service was good. A bit of a wide open resort type course. The price was high for the golf experience, but would recommend for a one time trip there.

Commented on 02/04/2018

Thanks for your review of the golf course and the overall experience. We are glad you enjoyed and look forward to seeing you soon.

"Fantastic layout"

rscott7mm's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/22/2018

1 hour frost delay. Staff provided complementary pastries and coffee. Great introduction of the course by the starter. Course is in fantastic shape, difficult but very playable if you play the correct tees. All the staff from pro shop to club cleaning and putting bags in vehicle were friendly and efficient.. I had guests who were playing the course for the first time and loved everything about the experience. I will play the course again and will be bringing many guests to share this venue with them. Thank you for making this a high lite golfing experience,

Commented on 02/04/2018

Thanks for your review of the golf course and the overall experience. We are glad that the frost delay didn't ruin the day and you were able to enjoy.

Mike5730887's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/17/2018

Between the accolades this course has received in its short time being open, online reviews, and distance from Phoenix, my expectations of this course were very high. The drive was beautiful and easy. Arriving at the course l knew this was going to be a breathtaking course, which is something I look for when golfing in Arizona. I want a well designed course with the unique sceanery that Arizona provides. This course is well worth the drive. The minute you pull up to the bag drop you are greeted by the friendly and accommodating staff of WR! I ended up playing the round by myself which was peaceful and allowed me to really enjoy the course, not be rushed at all, and take a lot of pictures. This course has spectacular views! It is designed very well for all levels of golf. And the staff are fantastic, which always enriches the experience. This is the epitome of Arizona golf! Anyone who enjoys golf, owes it to themselves to golf here at least once, but will likely be back again and again! Well done Wickenburg Ranch, well done!

Commented on 02/04/2018

Thanks for your review of the golf course and we are glad the experience and service exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Head Golf Professional

"Incredible afternoon at Big Wick"

Ienjoygolfing75's avatar
Minnesota Advisor

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/17/2018
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

First off, this place is awesome. If I didn't say anything else, the best word to describe this course is immaculate. I literally thought the grass was turf, it was that plush. This course is very well maintained, the greens really move fast and they are true. Everyone at the course was very friendly, the range is awesome, the putting green is the nicest one I have practiced on. All in all, I loved it. The course has plenty of bunkers, only a little water and it has some major elevation changes. There are areas with homes being built so be prepared to hear some construction noise, nothing major but it was there. If you play here, and are okay with spending over $100 on a round, you absolutely must play here. I came in with an open mind and told myself I would enjoy golfing either way, and I left this course in awe. They have a few bathrooms on the course and they are extremely nice, the best on course bathrooms I have seen. The tee markers are cast iron (awesome) and each tee box is just about perfect. Give it a shot, you will not be disappointed and if it is anything like my visit, you will be hooked. My friend was wanting to play elsewhere, and after the round today he said this is his favorite course to date. That says something. Ill be back to Big Wick, and Ill be back very soon.

Commented on 02/04/2018

Thanks for your in-depth review of your experience with us as future visitors to the course will definitely enjoy. We are glad that you had a great time, and that the course conditions and service exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you back soon.

"Glorious"

jake99's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/05/2018

For all you golfers that say its to far to drive to Wickenburg Ranch...Its a long drive, its half way to Vegas. I say, do yourself a favor and take the drive because it is 1000% worth the drive,and any person that gives this place a bad review cannot be in there right mind. Guaranteed the best golf experience you will ever have in the Phoenix area. The place is the best. The rates are great, the bent grass greens were rolling 11-12 on the Stimp. Fastest and purest greens you will putt on anywhere in Arizona. Oh and the bent grass fairways are as lush as I have seen anywhere else also. Make a day of it, I mean a whole day. Get up early, hit the road and get up there and play the Litl Wick ( Best par3 course in AZ) Bent grass greens also. Then have some lunch at Jakes Spoon. Relax. Get ready for the best Golf you will have the honor of having in a long time. Play the Big Wick, and then sit on one of the comfy chill spots overlooking the 18th Hole and others, and light up a Fatty ( Cigar) and sit back and Chill and relax and take it all in. Then if you get a little chill, have one of the cute servers fire up your heater and warm up. Do the day trip to the Wick. Just Glorious

Commented on 02/04/2018

Thanks for your review of the golf course and the overall experience. I definitely recommend future visitors to give it the full treatment as you described and try the Lil Wick either before the round or after as its nothing short of excellent. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Head Golf Professional

"Truly one of the best!"

gsteinback's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/20/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

I've played most of the courses in PHX Metro, both private and public. This course ranks in the top 3 of my list of favorites.

"ship without captain"

haeholds's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/11/2017

Top 1 or 2 I have ever played. everything with course was perfect,best greens I have ever seen.

No starter but after 2 holes asked twosome behind to join as we has 3 foursomes ahead of us.No pin placement sheet finally we figured out by about hole 12. My GPS did not pick up course.. all grounds crew.cart lady .pro shop people lacked interest.Still a wonderful.metaculous course enjoyed immensely.will be back,hopefully management will stabalize,

christinewhite88's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/27/2017

We liked the solitude and quiet. Challenging but fair course. Spectacular scenery. Wickenburg downtown is a bonus for after your golf. Recommend Bar7.

"Worth the drive"

ejrasmo31's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/17/2017

This is one of the best public courses in Arizona. Have played there three times and it is worth the drive from Phoenix. It has a nice mix of holes with significant elevation changes. We played after the overseeding and the course with immaculate. The practice facility is second to none and the new clubhouse is topnotch. It is a must play.

"Great golf course"

John4151893's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/16/2017

Had a great time playing Wickenburg Ranch. Was highly recommended to us and now I know why! Beautiful layout and in great condition. Well worth the drive from Phoenix area.

PapasC7's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/13/2017

Beverage cart visited us on the front nine and informed us it was not busy enough for her so she was leaving

Starter came to our group on the back nine and told us we were half a hole behind, what is the purpose of that if there is no one behind us and we can always see the group in front , very poor attitude

The washrooms on the back were locked which is stupid especially when you have a lady in the foursome

Great track but too many blind shots when you are not familiar with the course as the cats should have GPS on them or at least yardage books for the first time players

Would like to play it again with knowing the layout a bit

"Great shape but cart path only"

Golfman86327's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/04/2017

Course was in great shape but over seeded and cart path only made it a very long day