ChampionsGate Country Club

Member (W) 72 5744 yards 70.2 125
Forward 72 4923 yards 66.9 118
Forward (W) 72 4923 yards 69.4 121
Scorecard for ChampionsGate Country Club
Pro M: 74.4/134 405 212 437 539 382 197 470 403 538 3583 556 170 433 427 211 327 392 442 517 3475 7058
Back M: 71.5/129 383 172 413 512 345 167 394 369 500 3255 497 143 407 390 181 310 366 352 503 3149 6404
Blended M: 70.1/126 330 172 382 512 311 167 361 335 500 3070 497 143 352 345 181 283 342 315 503 2961 6031
Member M: 68.7/123 W: 70.2/125 330 145 382 481 311 134 361 335 468 2947 462 101 352 345 143 283 342 315 454 2797 5744
Forward M: 66.9/118 W: 69.4/121 293 121 310 417 274 108 278 291 435 2527 398 77 295 287 111 272 274 272 410 2396 4923

Year Built 2015
Architect Clifton, Ezell & Clifton (2015)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Proper golf attire is required

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Course Conditions in the U.S. (2015 #11)

ChampionsGate Country Club

This was the country club, near CG Retreat, not the 2 courses near the Omni. I like this course. Reasonable fee, nice staff, fairly open for amateurs but a good challenge. Greens rolling perfectly. Construction sort of complicated navigating between holes on front 9.

Nice course.

Always a pleasure

Always a pleasure playing this course. We first played this course 4 years ago and it’s a staple on our play list every time we come down. Staff are great and we love the course. Houses starting to go up around the course but doesn’t affect play. If you haven’t played here or put it on your list. Range balls included in green fee so go a little early and warm up. We played for $50/person. Great value at that price. Thx again CGCC.

Construction

Unfortunately with the construction it made it very difficult to find hole after hole

Under construction

The course has a great layout. The conditions were in good shape. The total downside is the construction going on homes on holes 4 - 7. You are routed through it all. I think the price to play should have been reduced. A sign saying pardon our construction should have been posted when walking in. Finding out when at first tee is not acceptable. In a couple years when construction is done, it would be worth the $100 green fee

Area favourite

I have played this course each time I’ve been here for the past few years. Despite the ongoing construction, the course layout pace of play and quality of greens remains consistent. It is a good forgiving golf course in good condition tee to green... greens roll at good pace and true.

Playing it at full price is not worth it... get a deal and give a try.

Great round

Terrific course. Great layout with fast but fair greens and wide fairways. Keep it straight and you can avoid trouble and score. Very enjoyable round. Staff was friendly and attentive. Two negatives were the price and no water on the course. For me no course is worth $129 when members playing with you are paying $20. Get a reasonable price on Golfnow and enjoy.

Excellent course - long buggy drive

Well laid out course with generous fairways, ideal for holiday golf. Only downside was the lengthy journeys from greens to tees due to to extensive construction work around the course.

Awesome!

Great golf course good value best I played while in Orlando!

Nice open course. Good condition Still some home construction going on so a bit confusing getting to some holes but does not effect the course. Will be excellent when the construction is over.

Front 9 under construction

We choose this course based on the 4 star reviews. Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly staff who assisted us with unloading the golf bags. We paid our green fees and was told to see the starter on hole one. Once we met the starter he then advised us that holes 1-9 are under construction. At that point we were a bit hesitant, but we started hole one anyway. After hole two the construction began. Long dirt road detours between holes + underdeveloped site work on both sides of the holes + porta-potties as bathrooms (hole 3 & 14) = Construction. The pace of play was 5:30 min for 18 holes. Saw the the beverage cart once on hole 12. Definitely not worth $100 for green fees. I addressed this with an employee and he stated the construction will be ongoing for the next year or so. I would not recommend this course in the foreseeable future.

RaLRbLwuGwYmKZzTBGvg
Commented On 2019-01-30T17:49:52.000+00:00

u080221081,

Thank you for your feedback. At ChampionsGate Country Club we are committed to providing Members, their guests, and guests of the club with a premium experience. I want to apologize that your day was not up to our standards. Your comments and feed back will be used as an opportunity for us to get better as a team. With that being said I must take issue with a few comments as to be completely transparent. The front nine of the golf course is not under construction, what is under construction is roads, infrastructure, sidewalks, cart paths, and home sites. The golf course itself is well conditioned and I will put our greens against any club in the area, their speed, smoothness, and consistency is second to none. Unfortunately infrastructure must be installed prior to cart path completion. This for better or worse is all due in part because we have growing community. Honestly we're excited to see the development. You are correct that temporary porta potties are located at #3, but at #14 we do have a permanent comfort station for guest use as the back nine has been full developed since 2015. Also as you make the turn the clubhouse has permanent facilities. I'm shocked to hear that you had a 5:30 hour round, we strictly monitor pace of play and our standard guideline is 4:10 per round and we try as much as possible to keep pace around 4 hours. One of our determining factors in our value among all the other amenities we provide is the fact that we have 10 minute tee time intervals, which is above industry standard. Our current average pace of play for the month of January is 4:05. I tried to research the particular day you played via your review that stated that you played on 1/27/2019, unfortunately we were completely closed that day, so I don't have any data to look at. The issue with the beverage cart service will be addressed broadly with the team since I'm not sure when you played. Their standard should be to see each group 2 times per nine holes. Again as the community grows it is tough to pin point how long the off course construction will last, but we will continue as a team to provide the best experience we can for our Members, their guests, and guests of the club.

Again thank you for the feedback.

Kind Regards,

Todd Irving

First Assistant Golf Professional

Nice Layout/Friendly Staff

Other than the weather, I really enjoyed this course. It has a nice layout, some very playable holes, and some challenging holes. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Perhaps the only downside was only seeing the beverage cart one time during the entire round. I would definitely play here again.

A real solid golf course

Haven't played here in a few years and was glad to see that it is still in great condition. A bit of a rough cart ride through the homes being built but not a big deal. Greens roll real nice,

Championsgate Country Club.

My wife & I played the course today for the first time, we were paired with Gary from Nova Scotia who was excellent company. The 3 of us really enjoyed the course but as we tee off at 1:20pm it was slightly spoilt by the 4 Ball in front of us (part of a party of about 12) being extremely slow & showed no concern for all the people they were holding up.

That said we throughly enjoyed the day and will definitely play again and recommend to our friends.

Still a good course, but.........

I really like this course. The greens are among the best I have played in this area, the rest of the course is also in good shape. The "but" is the ongoing construction on the front 9. The routing from hole to hole is poorly marked on some holes and is generally just a pain. Doesn't really effect play but still a pain. FWIW I played 18 in abt 3 hrs but that not the norm.

Folding tables no more!

I first played the course it had just opened and staff was operating from a folding table--no trailer, no electricity.....what a change! All for the good!

Champions Gate is Classy Country Club (feel)

Awesome! Great service, great course conditions & just great day for the last day of 2018. As a single, I was paired with wonderful couple & local homeowner --we played in 4hrs. It was windy, but 82* sunshine, and I scored fairly well playing the "blended tees." It was a lot of fun & Thanx to GolfNow for the great Hot Deals Special & an affordable rate for this old hacker.

Great Course - better condition

This is a very good course. Others have already stated that there's alot of construction (which is true) - however, it's a very good course in which the construction only comes into play when driving between holes.

It's a challenge without being too hard for all skill levels.

Maybe Play again later

I was disappointed with the course but after all the construction is finished it ( I hope ) will be a very nice course but the course also needs to be watered more the fairways seamed dry. The greens were dry also. All in all I probably won't play it again for a long time ( at least 1 year )

Orlando, Florida