Colwood Golf Center

Colwood Golf Center
Back 27 1223 yards
Front 27 833 yards

Year Built 2015

Golf School Academy Yes - "Colwood Golf Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Shirts are required.

9-Hole Rounds 6

Wet course

What a fun little course. Just wish that the holes across the street were open to the general public. The course was wet and the grass had just been mowed leaving grass on every ball. The day was really fun and I will be back.

Good Par 3 Course near PDX Airport

Nice compact par 3 course out near the Portland airport in the northeast part of the city. The layout is nice, but there is a fair amount of soggy turf throughout the course and some greens are damaged, with exposed dirt where grass should be. There are 2 tees and 2 pins for every hole, so it's kind of fun to play 18 and play each tee/flag combo. Driving range and chipping/putting green available right by the pro shop, and prices are all very reasonable. Recommend if you're looking for a casual, quick, and cheap par 3!

Everything we need to do is all there.

I love the course, short and sweet, and I am intermediate golfer since I haven’t play golf for a long time. Excellent place to practice and sharp up your skills, and meals included is a smart move. I usually get there in the morning, and nicely low golfers traffic. In the end, there is a blower to clear out the bottom of shoes and golf cart before put in trunk is an excellent plus!

Pleasant Surpirse

I hadn't played here since they changed to the Par 3 layout. I had just chosen to play a full size course when I had the time to play golf. I had just a few hours open this morning so decided to check it out. I really liked it. i played 18 holes and found the "two" nines very interesting.. You play the "short" version, white tee to white flag, then the "long" version, blue tee to blue flag. It does make the hole very different each time. What I really liked was the greens. They are very undulating and it makes the putting challenging. I thought they could have been quicker but otherwise, they really made the course what it is. I will be back to play it again sooner rather than later.

Not impressed

Definitely not the old colwood. Wouldn't recommend it. It is fairly priced and the driving range is decent. Greens are pretty beat up. Short flag sticks make judging distances challenging.

good couse

Over all it is good, but at this time of year, there is too much goose popo on the ground to play the golf.

Tough greens

First time at Colwood, really liked the challenge of the greens. Played all blue pins in back, so tee shots had to challenge back pins. If you go over the green, you basically have no chance of getting up and down. Extremely undulating greens, bring your A game. Short flag sticks make yardage appear longer, trust the yardage.

nice practice facility

My wife and I played on a thursday morning, very few players out at 830 am. I would recommend this course and practice area for anyone looking to improve there game. Course has 2 flags on every green so you can play longer irons if you want. Greens were in decent shape for par 3 course. Did not use range but they did have new mats. and should be able to play off grass by next year. I will be back again.

A fun round with some exceptions

Bought some new irons last week and decided to hit Colwood to try to dial in the distances. It's my first trip to Colwood since the renovation into a 9 hole par three course. There are some interesting holes in the layout and I like the concept of blue and white tees along with blue and white pin placements. Good Variety there. I am not a fan of the mounds that are on every green. Makes putting more of a miniature golf experience than a place to practice putting. Having to wait for the foot golfers to clear the fairways was also annoying.

Plays Twice a year

Good for beginners

9 hole course only but you can play it twice. Easy to walk. I think the furthest hole was around 200 yards playing from the blue tees. Some puddles of mud between holes. Very little water and sand traps to contend with.

Nice par 3 course

A bit soupy because of rain, but an overall enjoyable round.

short par 3 course in above average condition for late august greens were excellent will play again to work on short game

Work in progress

It's a huge change from what it was with 18 holes. Now a 9 hole par 3. With the 2 hole positions, you can actually play the course 4 ways; white to white, white to blue, blue to white and blue to blue. The greens are pretty well thought out to provide ample spacing between the 2 hole positions. The greens have a great deal of undulation which makes for interesting putting. In some cases they have had to resod because the mounds on the greens are too severe. The greens are well kept considering the heavy traffic. Great place to practice your short game.

DIFFICULT GREENS

FOR A PAR 3 COURSE THE GREENS ARE TO DIFFICULT FOR THE AVERAGE GOLFER. A PAR THREE SHOULD HAVE MORE SUTTLE BREAKS LEFT RIGHT AND UP & DOWNS. THESE GREENS ARE THE MOST DIFFICULT GREENS I'V EVER PLAYED, AND I'V PLAYED ALMOST ALL COURSES WITHIN 50 MILES OF PORTLAND. I WOULD NOT BRING MY GRAND KIDS TO THIS COURSE, IT'S JUST TO HARD TO PUTT FOR BEGINNERS.

Nine holes in 1.5 hours

Fun little course that's very convenient for me. Nice setup with multiple tees. Used everything from lob wedge to 6 iron. Driver on one hole.

We had a twosome so we played a ball from each of the whites and the blues.

Enjoy

BEWARE: PAR 3 COURSE and be sure to bring a range finder

Colewood is a former traditional 9/18 home course that has been covered to a par 3 course (9 holes) and a footgolf course (soccer style). I know this because I used to play this course before the renovation. I was taken off guard once I went to the tee box and looked at the scorecard. The course is well maintained. The distances listed on the scorecard are very misleading. Each green has 2 flags. 1 each for the white and blue tees. We played the blue and the distances listed were off by as much as 30 yards which made for a frustrating 9 holes.

Fun Course

WE decided to golf before we headed north to Washington. Fun course to work on the short game. Greens very diffecult. But fun.. Great food and bar..

Will play again for sure..

Thanks The Blackburns