Type Municipal
The Greens at North Hills

Year Built 1926
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Sr. (1977) Les Furber Design (1977)

Pull-carts No

Dress code Appropriate golf attire. Collared shirts required. Henley & Mock collars are acceptable.

Great experience!

Dawn is knowledgeable and awesome to talk with, and rest of staff is very professional. Course was well maintained and very challenging (especially the greens). You will work for some of your pars! Lastly, having a great bar and grill in house was a nice touch to finish the day (great selection of craft beers). I’ll be back!

getting better

Greens are improving as they have been recently aerated, course in pretty good shape. They allow 5somes which inhibits a decent pace of play, many of which won't let faster groups play thru

Overall a great value

Fairways are spotty like the hilly course it is Greens were in good shape

Nice rain day course

If it rains all night and morning. Play this course in the afternoon!! Get some breakfast with a Bloody Mary. Finish with a beer and burger.

Love this golf course!

Great old style course with tons of history. Good mix of long and short par 4s. Greens were in great shape, especially for this early in the year. Will go again!

Mixed Day

The staff at the course can be somewhat of a mixed bag. In certain instances they will be flexible with their scheduling and allow groups or individuals to tee off earlier or later than their time. That seems reasonable since they are not typically booked to capacity. Also, they may allow you to tee off on the 10th in order to keep a decent pace of play. The customer service issues I have encountered are based in a lack of consumer empathy. In most instances the staff checks you into their system. Then they assign your group a cart. Unfortunately, they rarely explain their amenities. Its as if they assume that you will take it upon yourself to read every sign in the building. Why not promote the restaurant, driving range, putting and chipping greens, among other great options the course offers? Also, it may benefit the staff to explain the cart path rules, when the carts are due, where the restrooms are located and so forth. I believe the lack of personal customer care has entitled the staff to treat their customers as if they are privileged to grace such a golf course. During my last visit, myself and a friend played till about 5:25 pm in which one of the staff members asked us to bring the cart back to the shop. Fair enough as it was getting fairly dark at that time. We returned the cart at 5:30 pm and during the process, the shop manager came out and confronted our mishap. We were accused of taking advantage of the staff in the shop. As the customer I presumed to diffuse the situation by apologizing for our mistake and even offering to wash the cart for them. Typically, it is the staff that diffuses the situation with the customer, not the other way around. I think that a customer-minded approach would have suited her better. Rather than assume malicious intent, why not ask if we were aware of the time constriction? The staff member at the pro shop did not make us aware of when the carts were due. I'm sure there was a sign posted, but why assume that all customers read the signs? Why assume that all customers can read as it is? Additionally, I was told that customers that take advantage of the golf course's rules are hated. That is a strong statement considering the customer is what provides partial capital for the maintenance and upkeep of this course. The reason I say partial is that it is a municipal course that is funded through local tax revenue. Perhaps that is why the customer service can be combative. Most private courses I have attended allow golfers to return the carts whenever they are ready. Even if they request the carts be turned in a certain point, I have never been treated with such vitriol as I was yesterday. Of course I am not naive to the point that private courses have their specific policies pertaining to carts. However, I can recall one such event when I asked the shop pro at the Country Club of Arkansas what time the carts were due and he said, "whenever you're finished." It seems as though the pro shop worker believed that I would not be completely unreasonable and continue golfing for hours in the dark. I appreciate that level of confidence. Unfortunately, I was not given the same respect at a course I like to frequent. Maybe that is what separates publicly run institutions from privately run institutions. The clubs that are funded privately care enough about serving their customers that they do not wish to upset them (within reason). That fact that I had to diffuse the situation as the customer at this municipality is evidence that this publicly funded course is not managed with the same mindset as the privately owned courses in the area. That is not an excuse to lack the customer service skills that invite your constituents to come back and play. I'm not certain that I will continue to golf at this course based on the assumptions made by the staff. I admit that I was wrong, but to accuse me of mal-intent is not becoming of someone who is trying to promote their course. Hopefully the management gains some wisdom about customer service from my specific situation. I hope that if I decide to visit this course again, they will not assume the worst of me as customer.

Challenging and fun course

In my opinion, the best public course in the greater central Arkansas area. I grew up playing this course and have returned recently and its just as great as I remember.

I’m not in Florida any more

Being from Florida, the hills were something I had to adjust to. It was a blast having to learn a new style of golf. My first round in Texas was great. The course is beautiful and challenging.

North Hills

The course was in excellent condition, greens were fast but outstanding. Play this course if you can, tight but challenging. Staff Members were great and Bar, Restaurant was good.

I play the Greens at Northhills regularly. Course just keeps getting better! That being said, the tee boxes need a little more attention, which is easily overlooked because the greens roll excellent. So overall..both thumbs up!!

Terrible service

I use to play this course all the time. But in the last year the staff has become very difficult to deal with. The young guy they have at the front needs to learn people skills. The last two times I tried to play there. Made a tee time and he told me that I was going to have to wait because I was a single and not honor my tee time. If you do not want singles to play I understand but do not allow them to make a tee time then. This is a city owned course and since my tax dollars go to this course I will be making a call to the city for the way I have been treated. I hope someone else has better luck than me.

but, yardage markings are needed in fairways.

Staff is exceptionally capable and accommodating within their ability.
Course is about par for the time of year; greens are better than most now.
It is difficult to judge distance to the green as most fairway distance markers are either missing or difficult to find. Suggest the course take a look at these. A previous suggestion for more pointer signs to the next tee box has been done and is working well. Thx.

Jacksonville, Arkansas
Jacksonville, Arkansas

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.