The Greens at North Hills

The Greens at North Hills
Combo 71 5026 yards 66.9 123
Combo (W) 72 5026 yards 69.0 114
Scorecard for North Hills
Blue M: 72.5/133 550 354 375 390 182 506 161 454 427 3399 404 184 488 469 234 185 344 189 571 3068 6467
White M: 70.9/129 538 331 345 367 162 491 144 436 407 3221 387 167 472 400 223 138 321 168 551 2827 6048
Gold M: 68.2/124 505 285 324 344 151 440 131 408 391 2979 336 133 436 385 190 125 306 138 486 2535 5514
Red W: 64.4/114 498 276 319 341 145 445 116 402 354 2896 293 130 403 321 185 102 258 130 483 2305 5201

Year Built 1926
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Sr. (1977)

Pull-carts No

Dress code Appropriate golf attire. Collared shirts required. Henley & Mock collars are acceptable.

Mixed Day

The staff at the course can be somewhat of a mixed bag. In certain instances they will be flexible with their scheduling and allow groups or individuals to tee off earlier or later than their time. That seems reasonable since they are not typically booked to capacity. Also, they may allow you to tee off on the 10th in order to keep a decent pace of play. The customer service issues I have encountered are based in a lack of consumer empathy. In most instances the staff checks you into their system. Then they assign your group a cart. Unfortunately, they rarely explain their amenities. Its as if they assume that you will take it upon yourself to read every sign in the building. Why not promote the restaurant, driving range, putting and chipping greens, among other great options the course offers? Also, it may benefit the staff to explain the cart path rules, when the carts are due, where the restrooms are located and so forth. I believe the lack of personal customer care has entitled the staff to treat their customers as if they are privileged to grace such a golf course. During my last visit, myself and a friend played till about 5:25 pm in which one of the staff members asked us to bring the cart back to the shop. Fair enough as it was getting fairly dark at that time. We returned the cart at 5:30 pm and during the process, the shop manager came out and confronted our mishap. We were accused of taking advantage of the staff in the shop. As the customer I presumed to diffuse the situation by apologizing for our mistake and even offering to wash the cart for them. Typically, it is the staff that diffuses the situation with the customer, not the other way around. I think that a customer-minded approach would have suited her better. Rather than assume malicious intent, why not ask if we were aware of the time constriction? The staff member at the pro shop did not make us aware of when the carts were due. I'm sure there was a sign posted, but why assume that all customers read the signs? Why assume that all customers can read as it is? Additionally, I was told that customers that take advantage of the golf course's rules are hated. That is a strong statement considering the customer is what provides partial capital for the maintenance and upkeep of this course. The reason I say partial is that it is a municipal course that is funded through local tax revenue. Perhaps that is why the customer service can be combative. Most private courses I have attended allow golfers to return the carts whenever they are ready. Even if they request the carts be turned in a certain point, I have never been treated with such vitriol as I was yesterday. Of course I am not naive to the point that private courses have their specific policies pertaining to carts. However, I can recall one such event when I asked the shop pro at the Country Club of Arkansas what time the carts were due and he said, "whenever you're finished." It seems as though the pro shop worker believed that I would not be completely unreasonable and continue golfing for hours in the dark. I appreciate that level of confidence. Unfortunately, I was not given the same respect at a course I like to frequent. Maybe that is what separates publicly run institutions from privately run institutions. The clubs that are funded privately care enough about serving their customers that they do not wish to upset them (within reason). That fact that I had to diffuse the situation as the customer at this municipality is evidence that this publicly funded course is not managed with the same mindset as the privately owned courses in the area. That is not an excuse to lack the customer service skills that invite your constituents to come back and play. I'm not certain that I will continue to golf at this course based on the assumptions made by the staff. I admit that I was wrong, but to accuse me of mal-intent is not becoming of someone who is trying to promote their course. Hopefully the management gains some wisdom about customer service from my specific situation. I hope that if I decide to visit this course again, they will not assume the worst of me as customer.

Challenging and fun course

In my opinion, the best public course in the greater central Arkansas area. I grew up playing this course and have returned recently and its just as great as I remember.

I’m not in Florida any more

Being from Florida, the hills were something I had to adjust to. It was a blast having to learn a new style of golf. My first round in Texas was great. The course is beautiful and challenging.

North Hills

The course was in excellent condition, greens were fast but outstanding. Play this course if you can, tight but challenging. Staff Members were great and Bar, Restaurant was good.

I play the Greens at Northhills regularly. Course just keeps getting better! That being said, the tee boxes need a little more attention, which is easily overlooked because the greens roll excellent. So overall..both thumbs up!!

Terrible service

I use to play this course all the time. But in the last year the staff has become very difficult to deal with. The young guy they have at the front needs to learn people skills. The last two times I tried to play there. Made a tee time and he told me that I was going to have to wait because I was a single and not honor my tee time. If you do not want singles to play I understand but do not allow them to make a tee time then. This is a city owned course and since my tax dollars go to this course I will be making a call to the city for the way I have been treated. I hope someone else has better luck than me.

but, yardage markings are needed in fairways.

Staff is exceptionally capable and accommodating within their ability.

Course is about par for the time of year; greens are better than most now.

It is difficult to judge distance to the green as most fairway distance markers are either missing or difficult to find. Suggest the course take a look at these. A previous suggestion for more pointer signs to the next tee box has been done and is working well. Thx.

Best Course to play!!

Everyone here is so nice and accommodating!! Great course in excellent condition!!

Always a challenge!

This course, with its rolling hills, water hazards, and sand bunkers, is always a challenge but also always fun! The staff is always friendly, polite, and professional. The attached bar is outstanding and offers a good variety of drinks. I will be back!

North Hills

For this time of year, the course layout was tremendous, January 19, 2018, temperature high was 47, the greens were just uncovered that morning. We had a threesome and finished in 3 and half hours, The price is awesome, staff very friendly, went off before tee time, if you get a chance play North Hills of Sherwood, by the way full bar and restaurant.

Sherwood, Arkansas