Type Private

Year Built 1963
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1963)

Available Sports

Tennis

Short but tough

I usually shoot in the 70s and when I saw this scorecard with the yardages I started licking my chops .. I decided to play from the tips since it is only 6600 yards but man I sure asked for more than I could chew. The course demands a very tight shaped tee shot off basically every hole. Lined with trees throughout and dog leg left or dog leg right pretty much every hole as well. I played the western and masters so can’t attest to the us open side but I thoroughly enjoyed the strategy involved playing each hole out there. Actually there are maybe 2-3 holes out of the 18 that are pretty straight but still narrow. Either way I ended up realizing my game wasn’t as tight as it needs to be and am excited to come back out again. Course and greens were in great condition.

Blind tee shots

Played the US Open and Masters through ClubCorp. First few holes went pretty well until we ran into a group of inconsiderate, arrogant and typical country club stuck ups. That's because we started 20 min after that group. By the time we got to the ninth tee, they must have been at least 2 groups behind the group in front of them. When we asked if we could play through, they said it's because of the (invisible) group in front of them and marched on while cracking jokes. Nothing ruins round of golf faster than slow play.

The course itself is very challenging with lots of blind tee shots. The carts didn't come with navigation so I relied on using my range finder a lot. The greens were slippery due to a tournament play, but fairways were on the average side. The course would be fun if you can stay engaged.

It's another beautiful day at Braemar

Being that we are in a drought, this course is in very good shape. Greens are fast and smooth.

Muni-course that is Private

The only thing good about this course is that it is private and the pace of play is good and the greens are in decent condition. But the layout and the lack of GPS for the course leave too many blind-shots and leaves too much to the imagination. I would not be a paying member for this country club (at least from strictly a golfing vantage point). Overall facility is again like a muni course which just happens to be private. Next....

Woodland Hills, California