Ed Oliver Golf Club

Caddies: No

Dress code: Proper golf attire.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city   Great for locals beginners   Challenges include bunkers

"Slow and Dry"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2018

5 + hour round. Cranky old members in front of us who refused to let us play though. Course was bone dry, greens were baked. Hot dogs were overdone. Go somewhere else and spend your money

Davelausr's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2018

"Improved"

BruceKauffman's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/21/2017

The greens on this course were always good but the condition of the rest of the Course had deteriorated. I had not played this course in a couple of years. They have made changes and improvements on several holes and the fairways are improved. They are headed the right direction on making this a really good Course. Keep up the good work Ed Oliver team.

mlloyd920's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/17/2017

"Labor Day at Ed Olivers"

Albert5829075's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017

We were the 2nd to get off on the morning. They had finished their changes to the course layout. There still seems to be areas that drainage is an issue. The simple hole markers could have had a sign depicting the hole layout or yardage. It was just a post with a number nailed to it. At 11 the cart path joins the pathetic for 3 so wear your hard hat. Also the nets are down between 16 and the driving range. They could have done better with the money they used for the ponds.

mlloyd920's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/04/2017

"Very Disappointing"

cwimer62's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/26/2017

The staff is very friendly but unfortunately this is where the positives end. The course is in TREMENDOUS need of tender loving care. Everything from weed and feed, grass seed, weed wackers and rollers on the greens -- although the sand traps were in surprisingly good shape. Did I mention the staff is exceptional? The course layout is okay and it isn't expensive to play and you can often finds deals to play it but even so, take your hard earned money elsewhere. Again -- the staff is great but the course needs help.

"Good course"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/30/2017

It was a nice course, definitely would play there again. Some of the fairways were swampy/wet. And the greens were mushy and heavily pitted.

"Terrible pace of play. Will never play here again"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2017

Given the reviews and price we though this course was going to be in better condition than it was. The tee boxes were riddled with crab grass and sun burn marks/brown and dead spots. The bunkers were hard as rock and some were overgrown and had grass in them. The worst part of the day was the foursome playing two groups ahead of us. At every hole we had to wait 5 minutes or more just to tee off and by that time people started to accumulate behind us so we had to rush. We tried hitting up on them a couple times and asking them to hurry it up but nothing worked. We thought our problems would be solved once the ranger came around and talked to them, but nothing happened he just drove away. I will never come back here again.

"First time playing"

JReuterV's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/25/2017

This was my first time playing this course. Given the fact they are in the middle of a facelift, I was impressed with the conditions and layout.

It is a fairly open and straightforward course but challenging as well. You can definitely tell where the fairways end and the rough starts. The tee boxes were decent and greens were in pretty good shape. Looking forward to coming back again.

"Not Worth the Money"

u000006320626's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2017

Even given that the course is undergoing repairs/revisions, this course was in poor shape. Tee boxed hard as concrete; rough nearly unplayable for most of the course. New layout places seniors and women at real disadvantage off the tee. On most holes we needed someone to watch for incoming shots from other holes or the range. With greens right next to tee boxes, noise was a factor.

Course Layout: Poor

"A lot of potential"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2017

They're undergoing heavy renovations on the course, but it still holds its value being a very nice challenging course. Plus I had very good round first time out this season. Can't wait to go back

"Looking better"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/05/2016

Greens where excellent, the ball rolled well and they are quicker then in past seasons. Fairways some spots in the fairways are still growing in and there was some signs of the drought in a few places but in better condition then I have ever seen the course in August.

The course was redesigned and is still growing in. They did an excellent job of maintaining the feel of the original design while correcting issues and increasing the enjoyment factor. Should be four stars by spring.

Commented on 09/09/2016

Thanks for playing! We appreciate the feedback and we look forward to having you back soon!

"Ed Oliver's"

rladder187's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2016

Played on a cloudy Saturday afternoon. Place wasn't crowded. Second time this month my wife and I have played here. Pace of play was great. We both had a chance to work on our short game. Its still a work in progress. Greens are good shape.

Commented on 09/09/2016

Thanks for playing! We look forward to having you back soon and we hope that short game is improving!

"Face Lift almost complete"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/26/2016
First time playing Used cart Good weather

What where you doing 100 years ago ? same thing as me most likely. This is a nice golf course tightly woven into the edge of Wilmington Delaware. Its a short track with tee boxes in some places side by side, tree lined fairways alittle bit of water here and there and a few homes skirting the edges of 3 /7/ 8 /16/17 and 18. I kind of lost my way after the 2nd hole and teed off on the # 12 tee box to the 3rd hole along the road it was a really nice drive until a gentleman told me " your tee box is behind # 2 green down along the road " LOL ok Thanks is that a stroke I should write down ? Anyway I played up to #4 that's where I really got spun around its a temporary green circled with blue paint before the roped off area AS I was told upon arrival. 1st time here. Yes the fairways are not in great shape But you can hit from them, The tee boxes are beat up but they are clearly marked for you ( red / Green / White )

The ground is hard as concrete and it's grassless in some places.( similar to the top of my head ) The bunkers have really good white sand in them I was there a few times and the greens are very receptive and in good putting shape. For a course that's 100 years old and going through a much needed facelift I think by the time all the bandages are all off it will be a really great in town place to Golf.

I didn't have time to play the 19th but maybe next time.

Commented on 08/29/2016

Thanks for playing and we appreciate your patience while we finish up the renovations. We hope to see you again soon!

"Porkys"

Justin9137534's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2016

Love porkys, been playing there for years. The updates and things they are doing to the course look great and should be a nice change once completed. Still alil rough right now with a few minor temporary boxes and greens.

"Delaware Stop"

Richard8690577's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2016

Although a gave average ratings, there were a lot work going on around the course, new tee boxes being put in, a new green was built but not open, bunkers were in bad shape, needed a lot of work. A few more years of improvements and further upgrades, then it will be probably a a good course, but right know a wouldn't recommend it to my friends.

"Course is coming along well....."

Robd1974's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

This was my first time back since all of the renovations started in the Fall/Winter of 2015 and I must say they are making a lot of progress! Seeing the sprinkler system come on was great, the bunkers have nice soft white sand now, the brush area behind hole 9 was removed just dirt now but was told it will be flowers and shrubs, a lot of trees were removed from hole 18 which makes it look really nice. The greens and fairways were in nice shape. They are installing new cart paths. Once the construction is complete it would be a 5 star course. There was one temporary green.

"This will be a nice course someday"

Tony5403317's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/14/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

People were nice when we arrived but the course had a lot of construction going on. Yes, they are trying to improve thing and it will be a good looking course when its all done. But the price was not worth it with a couple of temp tees and holes. Should of been informed before booking. The back nine took forever to play with three members dilly dallying on every shot. Four holes were empty in front of them and they would not let us go through. No Rangers that we saw. Nice member etiquette. I think i wait till next year and hope they are done. Should be good by then.

"Playing at Ed Oliver's Course"

OZTPATH's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 9 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

The staff greeted me and my son with a smile. They were very helpful and informative. The course is undergoing renovation for irrigation updates we were told. It made a difference on 3 of the 9 holes we played. A short par 3 became a LONG par 3. Otherwise not much of an inconvenience. Overall a good day.

Commented on 04/22/2016

Thank you for playing our course! Our renovations are very near completion so be sure to check us out again soon!