Trilogy Golf Club at Ocala Preserve - Players Loop

Year Built 2016
Fairways 419 Bermuda
Architect Tripp Davis (2016) Tom Lehman (2016)

9-Hole Rounds 3
Junior Golfers 3

Still a great course,BUT...

As usual,we had the course to ourselves...That`s good and it`s bad...This is a REALLY NICE course that doesn`t get enough play,and that's too bad...The overall conditions were good...A few greens had had fungus on them and the traps could have been groomed...Other than that,all was good... I've read the reviews and the management still hasn't addressed the some of the complaints,seems complacent ??? Signage is STILL LACKING,STILL on some of the holes,NO BALL WASHER`S,STILL !!! These seem to be easy,cheap fixes...Maybe if they offered a better price, WITH a cart, it may bring more players there...There are full size courses you can play as cheap,or cheaper... they need to get some golfers there !!! Not every golfer can walk 18 holes,even at a short course,in the heat...On the up side, the pro shop and restaurant are finished and are VERY NICE !!! I like the course and will continue to play their course through Golf Now,the only affordable solution for the time being...
Course Conditions Good
Course Layout Good

Dissapointed

We went to play 18 holes. They charged an extra 20 dollars for the cart. There was no championship course. 6 hole loop was what they called it but we were clueless until we could not locate the 7 th hole. There was only 6 holes!!! 18 holes meant going around on 6 x3 times. We felt swindled. We packed up and left.
Staff Friendliness Fair
Pace of Play Fair
Course Conditions Fair
Course Layout Fair
BlueStarGolf
Commented On 08/22/2017
Hi u000001946341, We're sorry about the confusion. Trilogy Golf Club at Ocala Preserve is predominantly a walking course, which is reflected in our rates. Depending on the day of the week, our course is either set up as a par 3, 18 hole Skills Course, or as you played it, a looping par 72, 6 hole Players Course. We will inform our team that the format wasn't properly communicated to you upon check in. Our aim is to provide an exceptional experience to all, every time.

Unusual format with challenging layout

As a first time player at Trilogy I found the layout somewhat difficult to navigate. They actually have three separate 6 hole formats that can be combine to play a complete round. As a group we found the signage for holes to be somewhat difficult to follow until we figured out the configuration. The course itself is in pristine condition, well manicured and kept. There are a ton of monster sand traps around the greens and along the fairways to keep you honest. Greens rolled true on puts, but hole placements required good iron shots in as pins were set in many cases near bunkers. You can walk or ride the course, which is rare in this area of Florida. Staff at Trilogy go out of their way to satisfy your needs. They provide you with ice and bottled water before you go out on the course, and even had a cart out while we were playing replacing water for free. From the pro shop assistant to the cart guy everything was a first class operation. We had a Hot-Deal on this play for $12 and was skeptical before we got there at what we might find. Were we ever surprised. If you're not afraid to play a different format, you have to try this place. We are glad we did, and we will be going back soon. A fun course to play, yet very tough on some of the long par 5's.
Course Layout Good

Trilogy

It was the biggest bang for the buck. we were treated like royalty by course staff. would go back in heart beat.

Fun/Confusing

The course is in great shape but tee boxes are a little confusing since the course is broken up into 6 hole segments. You play a combination of a 3 par course and a regulation 4/5 par course.
Course Layout Average

Hybrid Course Must Play

A nice challenging course for a hybrid. On the weekends it is two 6 hole lay outs for you try. The first consist of four par 4s, one par 5, and one par 3 hole. The par 4s range from 300 yrds to 400 yrds and will test your accuracy of the tee. If you do not have a good approach shot you will have some deep bunkers to contend with. Greens are challenging with multiple tiers and drop offs by the flag placements. The 6 hole par 3 course will make you choose to play it safe or attack the pin. Attacking the pin means you have several bunkers in play and drops offs to deal with. Greens are challenging and have different tiers to deal with. The course is well maintained a looks great!!!
Course Layout Excellent

First time on the course

From earlier reviews I knew I had to check in at the sales center. No problem-Brian Woodruff was very informative and I was in and out in no time with a lot of info on the course set up. At the starter shack another member met me and went over any concerns I had .This course is a Hybird course so it is a little different than a standard 18 hole but with the course map and the instruction of the starter I was on my way . I had a 12:15 tee time and I was teeing it up right on time . The course is very new and I had the place to myself! I played the first part from the white tees total length 6276 yds .I had not walked a course in a few years so the next part I played from the green tees which are 5616 yds. When I play the course again, which I will, I will start from the green tees. The course is in fantastic shape with great fairways and real nice greens.

Excellent Skills Course

Excellent course if you are looking for a course to work on your irons and short game. Very friendly staff and the course is well maintained.

A HIDDEN JEWEL !!!

This is a course EVERYONE who golfs, needs to play !!! Played the Skills course, 18 holes of par three`s, ranging 194 yds. to 122 yds. on an impeccable course !!! I've not played a better groomed and conditioned course to date...I`ve played the LPGA in Daytona and Juliette Falls in Dunnellon, both awesome courses...Trilogy is right there with them !!! It`s a little different type of golf as far as how you play the course...Monday thru Friday it`s set up as mentioned above...Saturday/Sunday is set up as the Players loop, it`s 6 par 4/5 holes you play 3 times...It is a very east concept to follow once your on the course playing it...Different, you bet; but worth it, ABSOLUTLEY !!! You owe it to yourself to try it out at least once...A friend of mine who is a much better golfer than I am came along with me and we`re both plan on going back MANT TIMES to play Trilogy !!! It`s a BEAUTIFUL COURSE...
Course Layout Excellent
Response from LPGA International Golf Club on 01/09/2017:
Thank you jailer92 for your review and feedback of LPGA International Golf Club. We are so pleased you feel so strongly for our golf club and we hope you will continue to golf with us all season long. Please let us know if you ever need anything and come back and see us again very soon f for more golf in Daytona, Florida
BlueStarGolf
Commented On 01/09/2017
Wow - Thank you jailer92, we are so glad you had a great experience! We hope to see you back again very soon!

Underconstruction

Drove up and checked in at the Reception building. Have to check in before you can enter the main gate. They were very nice and helpful. I then drove to the course, and parked, there's a temporary cabana with ice chest full of water, card, tees, ball markers and divot tools. There were two options to play, challenge course or player course. I played the the Players and was the only one there. I was walking so off i went. Its nice looking, well maintained, was real excited to play. Got to the 6th hole and spent some time looking for hole 7. Went back to the starting point and grabbed a map of the course. After not finding the 7th, I called the receptionist and he explained that the rest of the course wasn't open today. He said I could go around again or play the challenge course. The Challenge course is a par 3 type. Played another six holes and replayed 5 and 6 and was done. Its nice, not quite finished. I thank when done, its going to be a very nice place to play. It was a good day to practice and enjoy a day playing golf. Beats work. I'll probably wait a few more months before going back. I will be going back, if they let me in after this review.
Staff Friendliness Good