Big Easy Ranch - Championship Golf Course

Type Private/Resort
White 27 1570 yards

Year Built 2016
Greens Miniverde Grass
Architect Chet Williams (2016)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Hal Sutton Golf Academy."

Challenging Par 3

Great Par 3 course. Professionally set up. Used a variety of clubs on the 9 holes.

Spectacular Course and Setting

The Big Easy is definitely one of my top choices in golf! Great difficulty, high level of challenge, amazing value and one of the most spectacular settings I've seen. I will play it over and over!

The course was in fantastic condition and is a beautiful layout. Simply an amazing little set up with a great driving range and clubhouse. I used all the clubs in my bag and wished I had brought my fishing pole as they have some very nice fishing lakes.

Best golf ever

No tee times. Play as much or as little as you want. Recommend 9 holes, lunch and then another nine or more. Don't miss the training facility. You will treated like you own the place!

Truly amazing

Amazing facility, amazing course, and even better staff. When thinking of a typical executive course you think short and easy but that’s the opposite of what you get out here. The course is long and every hole gives you everything it’s got from tee to hole. All in all it was a great experience and hope to come back as soon as possible. I️ live in Houston but the drive out was 100% worth it.

The best short course I’ve ever played. Great layout and even better scenery!

9 hole paradise

If you're looking for a pristine golf course that is great for all ages The Big Easy is a wonderful spot. It is perfect for both me and my 8 year old son. There are some holes that stretch to 225 yards from the blacks and you can shorten it if you want to play from the reds. Beautiful water holes throughout the course, traps are in fantastic condition and very rarely will there be more than a few groups on the course at any one time. Always a very enjoyable round of golf in a unique ranch environment.

Unlike anything in the area

Golf course is in impeccable condition. Hal Sutton and his staff are all genuinely friendly, helpful and welcoming. Teaching facilities are second to none. The design utilizes the natural tooography to create some stunning holes. Multiple tee boxes allow players to pick the degree of difficulty. Wildlife is abundant and beautiful to watch.

The lodge, golf club and casitas are first class. The furnishings are outstanding and very comfortable. Service is Texas friendly and can’t be beat. Top to bottom enjoyable experience like few others.

Plays Twice a year

I am new to golf and this place makes me want to take up the sport full time!

I am new to golf and this place makes me want to take up the sport full time!

My husband and I enjoyed a day out at the ranch with some range time, even got to meet Chase Cooper and Hal Sutton, then came in for a 5 star meal prepared by their in house chef. I cannot wait to come back with a big group of friends and spend the weekend! This place is awesome!

amazing layout and impressive greens. The greens keeper does an amazing job. Will be back.

This place is absolutely amazing. Great layout, and phenomenal conditions. The superintendent and staff have an impeccable eye for detail.

Fantastic layout in great condition

This course presents a different challenge on every hole. With holes ranging from 120-240 yards, it is a true test of all aspects of the game. The course was in great shape with fast greens and perfectly manicured grass, and the people were inviting and a pleasure to be around. The course is a blast to play and I would recommend anyone of any age to give it a go!

Big Easy Ranch

I have always enjoyed my experience at Big Easy. Driving range always in perfect shape, very nice experience.

Pro Shop and teaching area are way above most that I have visited. Staff very friendly. Golf course is a real challenge, but a very nice place to enjoy an afternoon with the family. Not crowded, always in great shape and a real pleasure to make your day.

Great test

Great layout, great views, and in great shape. This course is a joy to play and will test golfers of every skill level.

Certainly one of the top par 3s in the country

When Big Easy owner Billy Brown decided to build a par 3 golf course at his Big Easy Ranch outdoor paradise, he naturally wanted the very best. So he hired Chet Williams, who designed The Needler short course at Whispering Pines, which is the no.. 1 ranked course in Texas according to the Dallas Morning News. Brown wasn't disappointed and neither was I when I played it. Though it's a par 3 course, it's real golf in every imaginable way. Every hole is different and one is basically a replica of the 12th at Augusta. Beautiful waterfalls, brooks and ponds highlight perfect turf conditions throughout. It's also very flexible, which makes it perfect for teaching the game from the Hal Sutton Golf Academy.

Valid dates: Nov 26, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019