Type Municipal
Alhambra Golf Course

Year Built 1956
Architect William F. Bell (1956)

Carts Yes - $10 - $15

Dress code Proper attire is required at all times; no tank tops, swim trunks/gym shorts.

Shocking

Couldn’t believe what I have seen right on the first tee... they accept fivesomes... there were 4 groups who made who didn’t made a fivesome, they started with 6 players in a group ... think about how long this round will be when you play behind these groups... this was unbelievable...

This is defiantly not acceptable on a golf course .. !!!!!!

Nice Course

I enjoy playing this course. Even though it's challenging I think its one of the best courses available for me.

Commented on 02/24/2020

Thank you so much for your review and kind words. We value your feedback, and hope to see you back soon.

Alhambra Surprise

I took three of my friends to this course for their first time here.

I myself played this course last week for my first time.

I told them they have got to get out here and play this old course.

They thoroughly enjoyed their round as much as I did.

They thought it was short but very challenging. None of them were able to play to their handicap. We are now going to play this course more often. Everything in a course possible. Trees, sand, water, out of bounds, doglegs, uphills, downhills and good food to boot.

If you have not played this course yet, I highly recommend to play it soon.

You will not be disappointed

Improving

Some of the T boxes are under repair. That didn’t stop us for having a good time. The repairs didn’t hinder our golf day. It only means the place is getting better.

Commented on 02/24/2020

The best is getting better

A few nice repairs and refurbishments are taking place at the best municipal golf course in Southern California. Several tee boxes are being resodded. New cart paths on some holes. Once completed, Alhambra will be even better than before.

As for the course itself, it is in fantastic condition. Fairways grassed and perfectly mown. Greens are in excellent condition and running true. I have not found a better maintained "muni" golf course in So Cal.

Commented on 02/10/2020

Thank you for your 5 star review. We appreciate your feedback and support. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Okie golfer

First time to California and played this course and it was awesome, how green the fairways were and the greens were great, the back drop of the mountains was just beautiful, if I ever come back will definitely play this course.

Truly surprised

My first time playing this course. I was truly shocked on how nice the course layout is. I thought the course was challenging. Doglegs or slight doglegs, plenty of trees and sand traps, uphills and downhills There is some water as well. You will be surprised if you have not played here. Greens were in good shape and hold the ball. I was part of a twosome My tee time was at 11:50 and play was really slow. At least it seemed like it because we were waiting all the time. At the end of our round we noticed it was a 4 hour round. We could not believe it. I will be back with my golfing buddy’s.

Commented on 02/10/2020

Thank you for your 4 star review. We appreciate your feedback and support. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Commented on 02/03/2020

Thank you for your 5 star review. We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Good but slow

3.5 hours and I am hole 13 with time to write this review

Commented on 02/03/2020

Thank you for sharing your review and experience at Alhambra with us. We use your feedback to help improve our customer experience. We will speak with our team regarding your comments. Thank you!

Well maintained course, lots of fun to play

Course is in excellent condition. Pace of play was good, but not exceptional, probably due to a tournament ahead of us. Alhambra is always a delightful course to play. Lots of short par 4s challenge the longer hitters to go fo the green and allow shorter hitters more greens in regulation. Greens are a good recreational speed and roll true. Fairways well grassed with few if any bare spots. I don't think I had a single bad lie from any fairway today. Staff is awesome, friendly and professional.

Commented on 01/23/2020

Thank you for the 5 star review and kind words. We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you again soon. Happy Golfing!

Great Time

Best moderate course I have played. Front nine is a good warm-up for a more challenging back nine. Great for iron play.

Commented on 01/23/2020

All good

It’s a nice little course. Kept in great condition. BetterCondition than scholl by far, which is a similar length.
Only complaint today was they sanded the greens recently and I didn’t know before playing. Still rolled pretty well. Kudos to greens keeper. The bunkers could use some of the sand from the greens ;)

Commented on 02/24/2020

Thank you so much for your review. We value your feedback, and hope to see you back soon.

Unusually slow this time

The course itself is in great condition, which is typical. Even with being a bit soggy from the recent rains, it still played well. Greens are in fantastic shape. The only problem was pace of play. The normally 4.5 hour round stretched to 5.5 hours and may have been due to some newer holiday golfers. Fortunately, I know this is just an anomaly, so it wasn’t that big a deal.

Commented on 01/02/2020

Thank you for your review and great insights. We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you again soon

Great little course

It is a fun course. Short, but tight. Nice greens.

Commented on 01/02/2020

Thank you for your review and kind words. We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you again soon

Great course, golfer not so much

Although I did not have even my B game, let alone my A game, Alhambra is still an awesome course to play. It is in top condition with well grasses fairways and medium speed greens. It’s a short course which makes it much more fun for golfers like me who are not crazy long off the tee. Staff is always professional and friendly and always make customers feel welcome.

Commented on 12/27/2019

Thank you so much for your 5 star review, kind words and support. We value your feedback, and hope to see you back soon.

Awesome muni

Playing Alhambra is always a pleasure. The course is very well maintained, fairways well grassed and trimmed, greens roll true if a bit slow. It’s a shorter course, so it’s a good size for women and seniors. Pace of play is usually very quick. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Shorter course but sweet

So let me start by saying that “short” is somewhat of a relative term. The course layout is the same as any regulation course, it is not a par 3 pitch and putt. But most of their par 4’s are between high 200 to low 300 yards. It makes for a lot of fun, because you can drive some of the greens. Mix in a handful of undulating Fairways and great maintenance (at least when I played) and you’ve got yourself Alhambra Golf Course.

Commented on 12/02/2019

Thank you so much for your 5 star review and kind words. We value your feedback, and hope to see you back soon.

San Gabriel, California
Monterey Park, California
South Pasadena, California
Montebello, California
Arcadia, California
Arcadia, California

Valid dates: Apr 01, 2020 - Oct 31, 2020
The best Lake Geneva golf deal is back for another season! Stay the night and get two free rounds of golf during your stay. Package is valid Sunday-Thursday.