Style Executive
Birch Hills Golf Course

Year Built 1974

Birch Hills Review

For the money this is a fair price. I think the flags need to be a little taller to be seen from far away and a little sturdier in the hole so they aren't bending to much. Another idea perhaps is have the color of the flag in the tee box as at times cause of the sun you can't see them from far away so it would be a good idea to know where they are from the tee box. Since its just 18 more small flags the cost shouldn't be an issue. Looking forward to playing there again.

Commented on 05/25/2020

Thank you for leaving a review! We will be making an update on flagsticks very shortly. Please join our email list to stay up-to-date.

Commented on 05/12/2020

Thank you for the 4-star review! We hope we can earn that 5th star on your next visit.

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hi, We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Birch Hills Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

SLOW and nobody cares!

I can’t play slow golf. It keeps my from finding any rhythm at all. Nobody hurrying things along. Course was okay.

Commented on 05/13/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the course conditions and value to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Birch Hills Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Do Not Play During Pandemic

Usually I love Birch Hills Golf Course, however I do not plan on coming back after my experience today. I booked a tee time for 2:10 but when we approached the tee box, there were still golfers on the green (mind you hole one is a par three & super short) and there were two other men waiting to tee off. We were told that we would have to golf with two strangers waiting to tee off. We expressed concern that we would have to golf with strangers who weren’t wearing face masks and the attendant at the first hole simply instructed us to stay six feet apart. Staying six feet apart is extremely unrealistic on a course as small as Birch Hills, where most holes are par three, especially on the small putting greens. I don’t think there are even six feet between the male and female tee off boxes. I have never been paired with a random twosome in my eleven years golfing here and to do that during a global pandemic is just unsafe. They also have no requirements to wear face masks on the course despite pairing strangers together. My friend, who I was golfing with, has an autoimmune disease and can’t risk taking this pandemic lightly. They are only spacing tee times EIGHT MINUTES apart. That is ridiculous. I respect their need to make money, especially considering they were closed for a long time due to renovations, but you won’t even enjoy your game of golf stacked back to back like that. I also understand people haven’t been able to golf for months but it doesn’t excuse packing as many tee times into a single day as you can. The course was absolutely packed with people not wearing masks and playing extremely close together. I would not book a tee time if you are at all worried about getting sick because they are not practicing safe social distancing. In my opinion they should be spacing tee times a minimum of 15 minutes apart to account for enjoyment of the game so you can take your time and not be rushed and also for the safety of golfers. The man in the pro shop told us that they can’t enforce face mask rules because the city of Brea doesn’t require them. I honestly have to laugh because while it is a public golf course it is still private property. If you can enforce a dress code, you can enforce a face mask rule. The man told me I was “entitled to my opinion.” Ultimately the attendants were rude but they probably have already heard this from others and are over it! At least they gave us a refund. I would be willing to pay a premium price to golf, in order to support that course and allow them to take measures to make it safer like spacing out tee times. If you’re at all worried about the virus do not go here.

Commented on 05/13/2020

Hi thank you for taking the time to review your recent round with us. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your round. Please know that this is by no means the standard we strive for as we aim to provide a 5-star experience every time. Working in compliance with the current restrictions and maintaining proper social distancing, we try to do everything we can to keep our golfers safe and in good health. We hope that you understand these restrictions and that you will give us another chance to play Birch Hills Golf Course in the future. That being said, please reach out to our team in the pro shop for further resolution in this matter.

Commented on 05/05/2020

Thank you for coming out to play Birch Hills! What hole did you enjoy most while on the course?

Just happy to golf

I hate to say anything negative because I'm sure the place was restricted maintenance wise considering the circumstances. But, the greens were horrid... Hoping during normal times that isn't the case.

This isn't a course that I'd normally play because it's so short but it was one of the first to open. To be fair I don't want to beat the course up based on what I would like personally but, instead focus more on who the course would benefit. For seniors or high handicappers I would imagine this is a fun course to go play and gain confidence.

Commented on 05/03/2020

Thank you for your feedback! We have taken this to our team to address the issue. Hope to see you back out here again soon!

Greens extremely Slow

First time playing here. Layout was good. Due to COVID-19 no flagsticks so it was hard to tell where the pin locations were. Greens were super slow. Scale of 1-10 I’d give the green apples a 1. Didn’t seemed like they mowed the greens in the past few weeks. Would play here again once they trim the greens and have flagsticks back in place.

Commented on 05/01/2020

Hi Brandon, thank you for taking the time to review your recent round with us. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your round. Please know that this is by no means the standard we strive for as we aim to provide a 5-star experience every time. Working in compliance with the current restrictions and maintaining proper social distancing, we try to do everything we can to keep our golfers safe and in good health. We hope that you understand these restrictions and that you will give us another chance to play Birch Hills Golf Course in the future.

Fun track!

I have played here 50+ times in the past 10 years. Great track to work on your wedges/shorter irons and always in great shape. Due to covid-19 course is lacking on maintenance, which is understandable. Greens are very slow and rough/fairway is very long compared to their usual standards.

Commented on 05/03/2020

Thank you for the 4-star review, Tony. We are very excited to be back open and serving our great customers. Looking forward to having you back out here!

Great 18 Loved it.

Course was in good shape and I play'd very early done in 90minutes. :)

Commented on 04/27/2020

Hello, Tony. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. Thank you for choosing Birch Hills Golf Course. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time!

Ripped off by Golfnow

The course was closed due to the coronavirus pandemic. Golfnow didn't let me cancel the tee time online and didn't answer their customer service line. Rip off!

Commented on 03/23/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding regarding your recent reservation. If you have any questions regarding your GolfNow reservations in the future, please do not hesitate to contact their team at 1 (800) 767-3574. We value your feedback and hope to welcome you back for another round soon.

Nice "LITTLE" Course

This is a nice course, but the holes are predominantly par 3's with a couple par 4. That being said, the layout is nice and course is generally in good condition. Greens are fairly new bentgrass with some poa starting to show up.

Long hitters can leave their drivers at home.

The practice range is nice with mats. Good burgers and beer in the open air dining area and bar.
A GOOD Course to practice your short iron and wedge shots and putting.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give Birch Hills Golf Course another try in the near future.

Commented on 03/11/2020

Did you get a chance to try our grab and go menu?

Beautiful non-crowded course

If you want to play a challenging, beautifully kept course of 18 holes in around 3 hours this is your course. Water, sand, par 4’s scattered in. Course is very well kept. Easy and close parking.

Commented on 03/11/2020

Thank you for the kind review! Do you have a favorite hole out here?

Nice Friday Morning

Teed off at 11:30am. Was able to play solo (which I love!). Tee boxes were in decent shape, fairways were OK, greens were so-so. I got a great rate ($19 w/ cart) so I am not going to complain. Nineteenth hole was nice, looked like it was remodeled recently. Indoor/outdoor seating. Big TVs, clean tables and floor, friendly wait staff and good turkey sandwhich. You can play corn hole if you want to outside.
I will play again if I can get that rate.

Commented on 02/10/2020

Thank you for leaving a review! Please come back and try our breakfast pinwheel!

On GolfNow could have saved more money with booking fee is more than I saved

Commented on 02/06/2020

Thank you for posting a 4-star review and playing Birch Hills! Best rates are on our website!

First time at course

Very nicely groomed. Challenging greens and creative use of choice of clubs not to be in between. My son and I will be back.

Commented on 01/28/2020

Thank you for the great review, Frank! Did you have a favorite hole or green while you were out here?

Don't play on Saturdays

We were a two some and while it was nice to not play with anyone else this is the reason for a 5 hour round at an executive course. They allowed a single to play in front of us but he joined the twosome ahead of him after four holes. There was a foursome ahead of them that would play upwards of three shots per person on every tee box. If I wasn't playing with my adult son who I don't see that often the wait would've made made the day unbearable. Oh and the course was kinda soggy.

Commented on 01/27/2020

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. Thank you for playing Birch Hills Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Great for a quick practice round

This is a fun short par 59 course. Play'd this 18 hole course in 2hrs 45min. :)

Commented on 01/20/2020

Thank you for leaving a review, Tony! Have you heard about our Chapman Rewards program? It gives you access to discounts, rewards and member only specials.

Brea, California