1 reviews

Type Private

Year Built 1968

Dress code Men: Slacks or Bermuda shorts, collared shirts or golf shirts. Shirts must be tucked in. No cut-offs, t-shirts, tank tops or jeans of any kind, Ladies : Skirts, slacks, Bermuda shorts, collar shirt or golf shirt. No cut-offs, t-shirts, tank tops or jeans

Enjoyed a round at a private course but ...

I took advantage of a wonderful opportunity to play a private course near my home. A typical Monday round for the public to play a private course. When I arrived in the parking lot, I was met by a golf course staff member who proceeded to offer to take my bag and instruct me where the sign in table was and the range. All staff I encountered treated me warmly and professionally. We hit off of golf mats on the range which was unfortunate, although I could see that the range also has a grass option for members.

Our group played from the blue tees and the course is relatively short at about 6200 yards. Tees and greens were very nice. Some holes were well designed and water comes into play on several holes. My big disappointment came from the fairways and some bunkers. While we have a drought, some fairways were soggy. Maybe they were overseeding. Several fairways had very sparse grass areas and several were sectioned off with new sod that was roped off. I normally would not rate so low but the fairways were just bad. Greens were receptive and rolled fairly true to me. Although I played poorly, several of my golf shots that landed in the fairway ended up in divots, uneven grass or mud. Made a tough round even tougher. Overall, the course layout is short and tight but beautiful. The only other negative comment I thought of during the round was that the traffic around the perimeter of the course was constant and loud. The constant traffic noise was also surprising as I expected it to be set away from the "hustle and bustle" of the area. While I would certainly play there again, I would want to check if the fairways were significantly improved if I was going to have to pay for another round.

Woodland Hills, California
Tarzana, California
Agoura Hills, California

Valid dates: Mar 02, 2020 - May 24, 2020
Experience extraordinary play on five fully renovated championship courses boasting pristine conditions. This spring, villa accommodations start at just $241/person/night—or you can upgrade to The Sanctuary from $453/person/night (midweek).