Rancho Carlsbad Golf Course

Year Built 1959
Architect Art Saprico

Carts No

Commented On 07/17/2019

Hello gman692. Thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Rancho Carlsbad Golf Club.

Great short course

I play this course every month, sometimes more, for the past 5 years and the course condition continues to improve. The practice areas are well maintained with grass and mats and putting green. It is challenging for its modest length and I like that I can play it in 2-3 hours, depending on the traffic. It reminds me of the course I learned to play on in MI and I often see groups of kids learning to play as I did long ago. I enjoy the facility and the people that work there, they're great.

Mikey Liked it

My girlfriend is just learning the game and she is doing better in this beginner friendly course. Thank you

Best value golf in SD North county!

The most underrated track in San Diego in my opinion

Best value golf in SD North county!

Ranch Carlsbad Golf Club may be the most underrated track in San Diego! Where else can you play for $1 a hole? I always prep my short game here before I play a championship golf course. This is true target golf... crowned greens make it challenging to hit greens pin high. They have nice, friendly staff and a PGA teaching professional on-site with very reasonable rates. 5 stars all around for what I was looking for in a golf round near the beach

Great course!

Great course to play weekly to improve your game! Greens are challenging and conditions are nice.
Gena, Instructor and Manager, is who you should get to improve your game. Staff os so nice and professional!

Great course to tune up your short game.

Recent work on greens has made them near perfect. Finally put sand in traps which are no longer dirt hard pan. Easy to walk course, but don't be fooled by short holes. It is a challenging course with several domed greens, which make ball placement critical. Very fun course to play. Driving range has both grass and mats. Staff is very accommodating and friendly.

Great place to tune up your game

This course is a great place to practice. Both grass and mats on the driving range, a nice par 3 with some challenging holes. T times are easy to schedule and it's rarely crowded. Avoid lunch time because a lot of the manufacturers employees come over to try out their own equipment. They offer a lot of specials, including food and practice range combinations.

Great short course

Great short course to hone your short game skills. Small greens require accurate shots, Some greens are really domed, so putting is critical. Fun, challenging course. Staff is super friendly and accommodating . The only negative is the sand traps are actually hard packed dirt traps. Little if any sand and it's like playing off hard pan. A definite negative at this course.

Challanging short course

Super friendly staff. Nice practice range with both mats and grass. Practice putting green is on the small side, but OK. Easy walking course. Greens aren't very big and are somewhat domed, which makes for a fun and challenging day. The only issue I have is the sand traps aren't even close to being sand; they are basically dirt, and hard packed. Unfortunately, it's been that way for years, so apparently, they don't care to fix it.

Nice little course.

This was our second time playing the course the first time it was not groomed very well. I know the fall can be hard keeping up with the leaves that have fallen and the branches so we gave it another shot. We went back January 8, well after things should have been picked up, but there were too many leaves and branches still in the fairways. That may be ok for those of you who are ‘on in one’ but a par three course is a great place for a beginner if the fairways are clean. Despite all we enjoyed each others company.

Commented On 03/08/2019

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review us, Rancho Carlsbad Golf Club, and for the 3 stars. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round, and we appreciate your feedback regarding the grooming of the fairways so we may work on any necessary improvements. However, we're glad you received a good value for your round and had a fun time on the course. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Face lift

Happy New Years!

A major facelift is needed in every aspect of this course. The tee boxes are horrible. A little grass would be nice. Hole directional signs updated and painted so you can see them.

Have the greens blown off as often as needed. Too many sticks, leaves, bark from the overhanging trees.

Get new flags! They don’t cost hardly anything and they would make a big difference in identifying the location of the green and hole.

The drought has obviously affected this course because it is in dire need of water.

I have to compliment the condition of the greens. They rolled true and people have been fixing their ball marks.

Come to Caliente Springs RV Resort and I will show you what a par 3 is all about. Desert Hot Springs, Ca

Commented On 03/15/2019

Hi Cnjmac, thank you for taking the time to review us at Rancho Carlsbad Golf Club. We are sorry to hear that your time with us was anything but exceptional! Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon!

No grass golf course

I should have looked more closely before booking our tee time on this par three course. The weeds easily out numbered the grass and the greens were the smallest I have ever played. Friendly staff that loaded my wife’s rental club bag with three nine irons of various brands. Pull cart for $5 seemed excessive when the round was $15.

Commented On 07/31/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes by removing the weeds. Thanks for visiting Rancho Carlsbad Golf Club. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Good iron workout, easy walk, great staff

Staff great, very helpful. We walked with 4 clubs and a putter each. Easy walk. Holes are not to difficult although the greens were challengingly quick. The holes are nicely varied in length requiring numerous swing and grip changes. Fun workout.
Nice course for kids as well.

Sprinklers on 15

2 sprinklers on fairway of 15. Approach difficult. Approximately 12:15 pm. Other sprinklers on course were navigable.

Great short course

Great course to sharpen up your short game. Course has a putting green and two driving ranges; mats and grass.
The only issue I have is the sand traps aren't really sandy. They are more dirt then sand, and pretty hard packed. Other than that, I love playing this easy to walk course.

Challanging short course

Nice course to get your short game in order, but not easy by any means. Greens are in good shape, but challenging because they are domed. Fairways have been receiving attention to make second shots (if necessary), more doable. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Nice range with both grass and mats. The only issue are the sand traps. They are pretty much dirt and lack any soft sand. Not like playing out of a legitimate sand trap.

Short game.

Nice little course. Small bucket of balls was a little pricey. I did get a whole lot of short game practice. I would play here again just for the practice.

Carlsbad, California
Carlsbad, California
Vista, California
San Marcos, California
Lake San Marcos, California
Encinitas, California

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.