Rancho Carlsbad Golf Course
Championship 56 2396 yards
Middle 56 2158 yards
Forward 56 1955 yards
Scorecard for Rancho Carlsbad Golf Club
White M: 55.0/85 151 107 145 125 80 92 85 130 85 1000 76 143 92 83 165 135 82 140 105 1021 2021
Red W: 56.4/89 140 100 135 115 70 79 75 120 75 909 65 129 84 70 155 125 68 122 95 913 1822

Year Built 1959
Architect Art Saprico

Carts No

Great short course

Great short course to hone your short game skills. Small greens require accurate shots, Some greens are really domed, so putting is critical. Fun, challenging course. Staff is super friendly and accommodating . The only negative is the sand traps are actually hard packed dirt traps. Little if any sand and it's like playing off hard pan. A definite negative at this course.

Challanging short course

Super friendly staff. Nice practice range with both mats and grass. Practice putting green is on the small side, but OK. Easy walking course. Greens aren't very big and are somewhat domed, which makes for a fun and challenging day. The only issue I have is the sand traps aren't even close to being sand; they are basically dirt, and hard packed. Unfortunately, it's been that way for years, so apparently, they don't care to fix it.

Nice little course.

This was our second time playing the course the first time it was not groomed very well. I know the fall can be hard keeping up with the leaves that have fallen and the branches so we gave it another shot. We went back January 8, well after things should have been picked up, but there were too many leaves and branches still in the fairways. That may be ok for those of you who are ‘on in one’ but a par three course is a great place for a beginner if the fairways are clean. Despite all we enjoyed each others company.

Commented On 2019-03-08T18:42:49.000+00:00

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review us, Rancho Carlsbad Golf Club, and for the 3 stars. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round, and we appreciate your feedback regarding the grooming of the fairways so we may work on any necessary improvements. However, we're glad you received a good value for your round and had a fun time on the course. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Face lift

Happy New Years!

A major facelift is needed in every aspect of this course. The tee boxes are horrible. A little grass would be nice. Hole directional signs updated and painted so you can see them.

Have the greens blown off as often as needed. Too many sticks, leaves, bark from the overhanging trees.

Get new flags! They don’t cost hardly anything and they would make a big difference in identifying the location of the green and hole.

The drought has obviously affected this course because it is in dire need of water.

I have to compliment the condition of the greens. They rolled true and people have been fixing their ball marks.

Come to Caliente Springs RV Resort and I will show you what a par 3 is all about. Desert Hot Springs, Ca

Commented On 2019-03-15T20:05:07.000+00:00

Hi Cnjmac, thank you for taking the time to review us at Rancho Carlsbad Golf Club. We are sorry to hear that your time with us was anything but exceptional! Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Good iron workout, easy walk, great staff

Staff great, very helpful. We walked with 4 clubs and a putter each. Easy walk. Holes are not to difficult although the greens were challengingly quick. The holes are nicely varied in length requiring numerous swing and grip changes. Fun workout.
Nice course for kids as well.

Sprinklers on 15

2 sprinklers on fairway of 15. Approach difficult. Approximately 12:15 pm. Other sprinklers on course were navigable.

Great short course

Great course to sharpen up your short game. Course has a putting green and two driving ranges; mats and grass.
The only issue I have is the sand traps aren't really sandy. They are more dirt then sand, and pretty hard packed. Other than that, I love playing this easy to walk course.

Challanging short course

Nice course to get your short game in order, but not easy by any means. Greens are in good shape, but challenging because they are domed. Fairways have been receiving attention to make second shots (if necessary), more doable. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Nice range with both grass and mats. The only issue are the sand traps. They are pretty much dirt and lack any soft sand. Not like playing out of a legitimate sand trap.

Short game.

Nice little course. Small bucket of balls was a little pricey. I did get a whole lot of short game practice. I would play here again just for the practice.

Good course for value

First time playing RCGC. Fun course to play to sharpen your short game. Well worth the $10 to play a round. Played 18 holes in 1hr 45m! I rented a cart due to a bad back but next time will walk the course. It is flat with no challenges.

Response from Rancho Carlsbad Golf Club on 03/30/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Rancho Carlsbad Golf Club, and for the 3 stars. We are sorry to see that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played and your feedback is appreciated. It looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff and that your round was a great value for you, so we hope this improved your overall experience with us. Thank you for your choosing our course, in the Carlsbad, California area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Challanging short course

Can't beat this course to sharpen up your short game. Staff is super friendly. Greens are in good shape but small and domed, so putting can be very challenging. Perfect walking course. nice driving range, with well marked distances, and a small, practice green. Only thing from keeping me from giving it a 5 are the poorly kept sand traps. No fluffy sand, just brown, packed dirt and sand mixed. Can't really play a bunker shot in that garbage. I do love this course and play here weekly.

Challanging short course

Very challenging short course. Greens are small and some are pretty domed, which forces you to be accurate with approach shots and putting. Very fun course and staff couldn't be more friendly. Easy to walk. Would have given a higher rating, but the sand traps are horrible. Virtually no sand; mostly dirt and not at all soft. Very irritating since you can't play it like a normal sand shot.

"It is what it is:" ...Great short game practice & value.

Look... Is it plush? No. Is it a little rough around the edges? Yep. That said, if you want an enjoyable walking experience that you can complete in 90 minutes, get in some great short game practice and pay less than 20 bucks for some somewhat challenging golf.....You've found your place.

Who doesn't need to practice wedge shots, chipping & putting?..(which is time better spent for most hackers.) How would you like to do it for maybe just a bit more than you'd pay for a bucket of balls at a fancier place?

I'd believe $ spent playing this course versus $ spent banging balls at the range would benefit most golfers more, and...they'd have a more enjoyable time.

Target golf, ... Very small, often domed greens make par a lot more challenging than you would think for 100 yd. or < Par 3's.

Give it a try. I think you will find it to be money and time well spent.

Response from Rancho Carlsbad Golf Club on 02/20/2018:
Hi Stephen. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your round! Thanks so much for the review. We love to hear from our customers. Please come back soon and enjoy more of the courtesy and service you enjoyed.

2nd and last time I play here

Even for an exec course this is short.
I could throw my ball some of the holes...

Some tees have no grass.
Cram too many groups close together.
Greens suck.
Holes poorly marked.

Worselt course I've ever seen. Won't be back.

Response from Rancho Carlsbad Golf Club on 01/11/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Rancho Carlsbad Golf Club in the San Diego County area. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round, and we appreciate your feedback regarding the greens so may work on any necessary improvements. It looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff. Thank you for choosing to golf with us.

Challanging short course

Fun course to play. Staff is super friendly and accommodating. Practice green and driving range, with both mats and grass. Greens are small and some are really domed, which makes for a challenging round. Love playing here to tune up the short game. The big negative for me is the sand traps aren't really sand, they're more dirt and certainly not soft. They're pretty hard packed, so playing out of them isn't a good test of anything. An easy walking course. An additional fee for booking on-line of almost $5 brought the total up from the advertised rate to the $18 I paid.

Short, but challenging

Short course, but challenging, especially greens, which are pretty small. Some are domed, which makes for an interesting putting strategy. Fairways are not well groomed, and areas around the greens can be pretty thick. They recently aerated the greens, so they are really good shape. Staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. I enjoy this course tremendously. Great walking course.

Nice little course

Recently aerated greens improved most of them. Still some bare spots on some greens that need work, but overall, a lot nicer. Staff always pleasant and helpful. No longer able to go directly to course website, and have to use Golf Now for on line tee times. Can't pay full amount in advance on line, which is stupid. Was only able to pay $1.60 on line and had to pay $30.30 at the course. What?

4.2219058824
Vista, California
San Marcos, California
4.4197647059
Lake San Marcos, California
Encinitas, California

Valid dates: Apr 13, 2019 - Apr 16, 2019
The Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun Stay & Play includes a three night stay at Harrah’s Ak-Chin, two rounds of golf at Ak-Chin Southern Dunes, and the ideal location to catch all of the long drive action during the Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun!