2.6

Redwood Canyon Golf Course (formerly Willow Park)

Year Built 1966
Fairways Blue Grass
Greens Blue Grass

Anonymous

Tuff greens

Day was perfect, fairways were a little long. Greens were fast, and some are domed... very tricky. Play was slow
4 1/2 but then again a nice sunny Sunday. I like that
this course has added some water hazards...

Commented on 02/18/2020

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Redwood Canyon Golf Course.

Commented on 02/18/2020

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Redwood Canyon Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 02/11/2020

Commented on 02/18/2020

Not much different from when it was willow Park

Drains terribl;e so everything was very muddy and ball just stuck when it landed,to be fair greens rolled pretty good but were covered with either leaves,sticks or goose crap which made putting hard at half the holes the others ok.I do love they have ball washers at every hole as they were very much needed,looks like there clearing out some areas and either addind more ponds or just water that hasn't drained yet on the back.sand traps were like mud almost with only a couple actually having sand,18th hole was like hitting out of mud.

Commented on 02/03/2020

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Redwood Canyon Golf Course.

Commented on 01/29/2020

Playing Redwood

Living in Castro Valley for many years. Redwood Canyon was easy to go to and play after work. Just as funny to play on the weekends. I like the course layout. This course is short in yardage and narrow. You learn to hit the ball straight or you're in trouble. With the new owners there are improvements to the course and grounds. I am sure with some patience this course will be a beautiful place to play.

Commented on 01/24/2020

The golf course was pretty good only the ground was a little bit muddy , I guess because it rain the day before otherwise it’ was good , but I had fun

Commented on 02/13/2020

My car was broken into in the parking lot of redwood canyon golf course on feb 11th 2020. Just a warning to all. The staff did not have signs warning of theft In the lot and were of little help other than expressing their regrets.
Be careful where you park as some of the spots are next to hiking trails and cars are not monitored entering or leaving the parking lot.
It’s unnerving to be robbed so be alert.

Commented on 12/31/2019

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Holiday Play is a great time out!!

Close to perfect day to play with a friend. Winter play at Redwood Canyon is for all who love the game and anyone who is not afraid of a little rain. Quick play course this time of year. Great prices too. Greens are outstanding!

Commented on 12/30/2019

Not bad

Super friendly staff during check-in.
Fairways are mostly tight, greens are slow.
Condition is not so good, but that could just because of the recent rains.
Some geese and deers.

Commented on 12/30/2019

Great Value but attracts Wal-Mart Crowd

I love Redwood Canyon, but it needs to be played on a weekday. Weekends bring out way too many "Wal-Mart" type crowds. One group spent a good minute trying to run over a flock of geese with their carts, while there were two groups backed up watching them awaiting on the tee. There are at least 4 groups of these guys on the course everytime, because it's a crazy cheap golf course. The golf course itself is beautiful and has so much personality, with unique holes and challenges. I love Redwood Canyon, but not on the weekends.

Commented on 11/20/2019

Anonymous

Dirt fairways

They are doing some work... greens were good... but tee
boxes and 1/2 the fairways were dirt/hard pan. Hit down
and risk wrist damage! Played 3 months ago and the course was in good shape. Greens were not cut.. so really slow. Looked like they were "punched" 2-3 weeks ago... greens were all the same... slow.

Commented on 11/13/2019

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We're working on improving our course, so please bear with us during this process. Thank you again and we hope to see you back!

Needs alot of work, my reward for hitting center fair way was all dirt

Commented on 11/13/2019

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We're working on improving our course every day, but we appreciate your feedback. Thank you again and we hope to see you back!

Fairways are in poor condition and our tee time was pushed back an hour once we got to the course due to frost. The only redeeming part of this course are the greens. The greens were in good condition.

Difficulty Extremely Easy
Commented on 11/13/2019

Thanks for the review. We apologize that you didn't fully enjoy your round with us, but we're glad that you enjoyed our greens. We're working on improving our course every day, but we appreciate your feedback. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. Thank you for playing Redwood Canyon Golf Course.

Terrible

I used to come to this course atleast once a month a few years ago. I haven't been in a while until this week. Now the course is in terrible condition. The majority of the fairways are very poor. I know the course is being aerated but the poor conditions went beyond that. I hit a lot of fairway hits off of the tee and somehow I was still left with a terrible lie. I won't be back here until I know it's gotten better.

Course condition not good. Constraction work.

Hole 14 was closed. Hole 18 was divided in 2 holes (a par 3 and a par 4). The par 3 green was terrible - like fairway.

Oakland, California
Danville, California
San Ramon, California
Alameda, California

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.