A view from the Redwood Canyon Golf Course

Redwood Canyon Golf Course (formerly Willow Park)

Year Built 1966
Fairways Blue Grass
Greens Blue Grass

Borderline Ghetto

I have played here 4 or 5 times this year and as the weather is drying up the course and so is the condition.
The only thing decent are the greens and they look as they will soon go downhill. There are ruts all over the fairways and the tee boxes need more attention as they don't have any grass left just sand.
The course is always busy with the Pandemic so hire somebody that cares..Get some summer workers and Reinvest to preserve the place. You have a gem just show some love.

Commented on 06/22/2020

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Redwood Canyon Golf Course.

Good course to play

The wild life on the course made it a pleasure to be out there and enjoy a nice evening playing golf.

Commented on 06/24/2020

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Redwood Canyon Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Day at the course

Had a good day at the course. Got paired with two members who could not have been better. Ric and Troy guided me around like a school teacher. This course is target golf. It didn't fit my eye most holes. Had to trust the advice given. Greens were in good shape. Fairways were just ok. Worth a go.

Commented on 06/08/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 05/28/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 05/28/2020

Very disappointed!

I paid the fees for 4 golfers on line two days previous to the date of golf. Tee time was 11:21 am on May 21, 2020. We arrived as a 3-some as 4th member broke his ankle the day before. (no refund!)
We arrived 45 minutes early and used a bucket of balls while waiting for our cart to be presented, so we could load our clubs. At 11: 50 the first cart arrived. Then at 12:00 noon the second. Then it was announced that there were no more carts, and we would have to wait another 20 minutes for one to come in off the course. Meanwhile, carts were given to golfers who had a time later than us. At this point, I reentered the pro shop and asked to speak to the manager. I was told, sorry but he's on the phone. I never saw the manager all morning!! Two inexperienced young men were handling check in and one older man was taking care of the carts, sterilizing etc. as they came in from the early golfers. I was told I could have a cart, but the battery wouldn't last the full round. Now what? Manager is busy, carts are not usable, and now walkers are sent out ahead of us because of no carts. At this point I asked if the hand carts were sterilized, and was told yes - so I took a hand cart, loaded my bags on that, and walked the first nine with now my two partners riding in carts. We are riding in separate carts due to the Covid 19 virus problem, and the course rules!!
I used to play this course a lot, but was never treated like this, nor put up with so much incompetent behavior from the manager and staff. I forgot to tell you, that I am 78 years of age, and probably shouldn't be walking the course. I did it, and enjoyed a few shots, but I won't be coming back to this course. I am very disappointed with all of this and hope that Golf Now looks into the problem.
Prices are too high for me to pay for this treatment.

Commented on 06/11/2020

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your experience with us. Operations have been a lot harder to manage with county restrictions. We've recently made significant improvements and changes to our operations where we feel we can provide a better service than your last experience. We're now at 10 minute intervals and have more spaces available to prevent running out of carts. We appreciate your feedback and will use your review to help us to continue to improve. We hope you will give us another try in the future!

Worst golf experience of my life.

15 minute wait at every hole. Not the fault of the group in front of us, it was stacked in front of them. 3 groups on every hole. I quit after 4 hours while waiting on the 11th tee box. Polish dog on the turn was somehow burnt to a crisp, even though it was held in a steam box. Cart wouldn't drive straight. Random deep puddles in the fairway. Will never be back.

Commented on 06/11/2020

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your experience with us. We've made significant improvements and changes to our operations where we feel we can provide a better service than your last experience. We're now at 10 minute intervals and have more spaces available. We appreciate your feedback and will use your review to help us to continue to improve. We hope you will give us another try in the future!

Commented on 05/20/2020

Commented on 05/21/2020

Terrific! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Redwood Canyon Golf Course.

Commented on 05/08/2020

Nice greens

Course is in good condition. Greens good. No starter so the first tee was messed up. Two two sums and a single that didn’t want to play with me so it was real slow they should have paired us up . Other than that was good.

Commented on 05/06/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Commented on 03/10/2020

Anonymous

Tuff greens

Day was perfect, fairways were a little long. Greens were fast, and some are domed... very tricky. Play was slow
4 1/2 but then again a nice sunny Sunday. I like that
this course has added some water hazards...

Commented on 02/18/2020

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Redwood Canyon Golf Course.

Commented on 02/11/2020

Commented on 02/18/2020

Not much different from when it was willow Park

Drains terribl;e so everything was very muddy and ball just stuck when it landed,to be fair greens rolled pretty good but were covered with either leaves,sticks or goose crap which made putting hard at half the holes the others ok.I do love they have ball washers at every hole as they were very much needed,looks like there clearing out some areas and either addind more ponds or just water that hasn't drained yet on the back.sand traps were like mud almost with only a couple actually having sand,18th hole was like hitting out of mud.

Commented on 02/20/2020

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't fully enjoy your round with us. At the time, we were recovering from the wet season and we're currently working on improving the course drainage. We do appreciate your feedback though. The course is looking quite good now, so we hope you'll come give us another try!

Commented on 02/03/2020

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Redwood Canyon Golf Course.

Commented on 01/29/2020