Bayou Oaks City Park South Course

Bayou Oaks at City Park - South Course
Blue/White 72 6411 yards 70.1 124
Green (W) 72 5522 yards 71.4 120
Scorecard for South Course
Gold M: 74.7/128 423 219 577 405 450 374 176 351 609 3584 410 594 387 489 242 450 362 201 583 3718 7302
Black M: 73.3/126 408 200 554 400 432 365 161 338 585 3443 394 567 373 471 222 435 347 192 569 3570 7013
Blue M: 71.3/125 386 179 547 389 410 346 143 320 567 3287 375 553 340 455 206 395 313 176 542 3355 6642
Blue/White M: 70.1/124 366 174 547 389 382 346 143 320 553 3220 375 517 340 414 182 365 313 161 524 3191 6411
White M: 68.8/121 W: 75.1/126 366 174 462 279 382 331 129 301 553 2977 356 517 321 414 182 365 294 161 524 3134 6111
Green M: 66.2/109 W: 71.4/120 309 159 437 269 358 290 112 274 461 2669 323 485 299 331 174 341 256 140 504 2853 5522
Red M: 63.7/101 W: 68.5/112 291 141 420 253 333 268 101 244 389 2440 307 421 282 325 119 334 214 120 449 2571 5011

Year Built 2017
Fairways Celebration Bermuda
Greens TifEagle
Architect Rees Jones (2017) Greg Muirhead (2017)

Dress code Collared shirts are not required. Denim and T-Shirts are allowed. No tank tops. No cut-offs.

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Louisiana (2017 #8)

The course to play when I come home

I have had the good fortune of playing this sport we love all over the world, and certainly throughout the U.S. Golf came to me in my 30s, so I didn't spend much time at all with the sport when I grew up in the crescent city. What I love about The South course is that it has all the charm of the city. The track itself is not perfection, but, it is a great place to play in a fantastic city. Let's face it, New Orleans will never be a golfing paradise. There is just too many other activities to indulge in. But, when your festivities are done, or before they start anew, this is a great way to unwind. The greens are pure. The bunkers have the fluffiest sand I have ever played in (not that you want to be in the bunkers too often). The fairways are well manicured. The layout is challenging enough. All this can be found at many golf courses, but what can't be found are those views of this unique city, and the Spanish moss hanging down from those Live Oaks f better than a hundred years in age. The Pelicans and other water and air fowl is a treat as well that sets this course apart. The pricing is high for the city, and no doubt set for an air of exclusivity. And the staff is wayyy too stuffy for a city known for its hospitality. But the most heartbreaking part is that this "city" course has no inner city youth playing on it! A huge miss in my opinion. All this notwithstanding, it is my favorite place to play when I return home.

Greens beaten up!!

No one fixes there ball marks any longer. New Orleans if y’all want a good course to play on in the future FIX YOUR BALL MARKS!!!! Other than that had a great time.

One of the best courses in New Orleans.

The course pace was a little slow for a few holes, but not bad considering it was one of the nicest weekends in a while for golf. Staff was friendly, but the area that needs improvement is the bar/restaurant inside. The turkey sandwhich was a roll with a small slice of turkey, but nothing else. I’ll still be back to play again, just don’t order the food.

Birmingham Advisor

Bayou Oaks is a pleasant play, but not ready for PGA Tour

I was intrigued to play Bayou Oaks at City Park since it has generated so much buzz locally and regionally. Particularly, that in certain circles it has been rumored that the Zurich Classic could eventually move here from TPC Louisiana.

Having played it, the course is very well manicured. Course conditions were optimal. Yet, I cannot envision a Tour event here. It is too flat, too open and the greens are too large for a Tour event not to turn into a minus-30 kind of event. The course can be lengthened to stretch more than 7,000 yards. But there are few hazards to challenge a Tour pro. I believe they would eat this course alive, particularly in the current team format. I honestly think in a stroke play format that a Tour pro could scare 57 here.

That said, it does not diminish the quality of the course. The Tift Eagle greens were exceptional. Approach shots held great and puts. Though grainy, rolled very true. The fairways were excellent. The bunkers were of high quality. It had rained earlier in the day, making the sand slightly wet and packed.

The course has its fair share of its’ namesake - large oaks. Still, the course is very wide off the tee. I didn’t find myself blocked out from the green except once when missing the fairway. There is a ton of room. There are a couple of wetlands and a few ponds that come into play, but the course is largely free of hazards. Again, when hazards are present, there is a wealth of room to play away from it, rendering the hazards pretty much a non-issue.

The course offers two putting greens, a double-decker driving range and what appeared to be an indoor practice facility in a bubble, though I didn’t investigate.

I played at 4 pm for $60. I’m not sure this course warrants the $160 non-resident peak rate. The course, however, is a part of rebuilding the area neighborhoods surrounding City Park, so that adds to the value.

In summary, this is an ultra-playable track that will likely yield one of your better scores, provided you play well.

great track,but slow play

love the course, greenskeeper is on the ball....but pace of play was awful

Not worth the money

The course is in the city making it attractive to visitors and residents alike, but it's not worth $75 for residents or $135 for non-residents. The greens are OK and very slow. This course should cost no more than $50.

Better than I thought

First time at the new course. Had been told it wasn't worth the money. Found the conditions, i.e fairways, greens, bunkers, etc. in very good shape. Fairways wide enough. Many tee positions to choose from. Layout reminiscent of the older East & West courses. Albeit a rather chilly day and slow play, the overall experience was most enjoyable.

Disappointing for the price

Felt the course was way overpriced for the conditions as well as compared to any course in the area.

This course is average at best for the money. Basically a normal municipal course with a few better features. I paid $85 and it's no where near quality for that price....maybe $50 or $60 and it would be worth the money. Basic layout, wide open fairways so it's not overly hard. Since this course is a city course and is public, anyone can play and so you end up with slow play, damage to the greens, unraked bunkers, etc. from people who don't know golf etiquettte. Numerous times I had to fix bad spike marks on the greens from groups in front of us just to be able to putt. Overall it's ok, just not worth the price they are charging at all. The course gets a lot if hype since the renovation, but that's just all it is, hype.

New Classic Layout

This is a great addition to the golf landscape in New Orleans. This is a classic non tricked up layout. Its a very straightforward layout. A large assortment of tee boxes. Wide fairways. Reasonably well bunkered. We caught a pretty good wind off Lake Ponchartrain which made it a little more challenging. Greens are excellent. Were neither fast nor slow. Rolled true. Certain they can be cut and rolled to make them faster. Wish there were more trees to frame the course though there are some beautiful oaks as you might expect from the name

Best kept course in NOLA

This course was amazing both in aesthetics and upkeep. It's a long course of the blues and blacks so bring a good driver game. The layout in conjunction with the terrain is excellent. Natural flowing fairways skirted with bunkers, oaks,and water, this course is will please you. It's challenging with fast well kept greens. I liked it better than TPC Louisiana and it was in better condition.

Nice new course

course was in great shape, especially the greens. Greens were lightning fast but roiled true. The course was surprisingly wide open (opposite of tight). We played the men's white tees, 6111 yds, and found it to be very challenging, esp since it was windy. I question the hdcp rating of 68.8 and slope of 121 for the mens white tees; seems too low. It was a nice experience, but seems aver priced.

Disappointed

Extremely disrespectful staff member assured we will never return.

This is my second time playing Bayou Oaks, the first time being last week on the South Coarse. I'm new to golf but my boyfriend (my personal golf educator) has played around NOLA for years. It was a cloudy start for us that lead to an hour rain delay after our foursome finished the second hole. It is what it is and we waited and played the rest of our first wet nine holes. The circumstances make it difficult to review the entire course but not difficult to review the staff. After unloading the golf cart we went into the club house and asked if a rain chain was possible for the back nine. There are a lot of different ways that I could have been told no without leaving so disappointed with this course's staff. Our inquiry was answered with no words. A young man literally looked at us, puckered his lips and nodded his head side to side before turning right around and walking back to the pro shop. Call me picky but I think for $170ish for a course where the lady teeing greens had such high grass that our tees were barely taller than the grass, we rightfully deserved a spoken "no". A spoken, " my apologies (even if lacking sincerity), no ma'am we don't." I didn't argue, I said ok but stuck around the for a moment only to witness the employee returning back to his soda and chips at the table located in the pro shop. I guess his rudeness was a direct result of me inturpting his on-the-clock break.

It goes without saying, it's not always what you say but how you say it...

600Scotty
Commented On 07/18/2017

We played 10 holes on 7/16 before rain drove us off the course. We got back half our green fees. No problem with the young man behind the counter in the pro shop.

Enjoyable round at a great golf course

Everything on this course is new. Parking lot, Clubhouse, Carts, Tee box, Fairways and Greens. It has a new course feel with Friendly Staff and Cleanliness everywhere. The only other time I played on a new course was Chambers Bay and this feel exactly the same.

Course is a Plantation Style with Oak Trees here and there. This course needs more trees to make it more challenging. I played from the White tees but was bored after the turn. I easily could have played from the Blues since the fairways were wide with little obstructions.

Bunkers and Roughs were well maintained and manicured. There were a few round patches around the Green but overall it was fine for a May round.

The Greens were big and fast with some sloping. I didn't find it difficult to read the Greens. Views were limited by the flat terrain but water was on most Holes made some holes look beautiful.

I would definitely play this course again. The local rate of $99 is high so I don't see this course being packed on most days. I hope City Officials give more Specials to draw more Interest and Guests.

"Will grow into a Gem"

First time playing the new Bayou Oaks course and man was it a beauty. The greens were in pristine condition and rolled true. The fairways and bunkers were immaculate. I loved the huge low hanging oak trees and the way the course followed all of the natural lagoons. The club house is brand new and really compliments the course well. The course is still young, but I would say that it needs "Landscaping additions"- Pine needles or mulch under the oaks, flowers and marsh grass to liven up some holes. The driving range is getting an upgrade, but right now its a cow pasture.

Amazing new course with great staff

This course is brand new and you can tell! It has some of the stuff left to finish off the small details but other than that...wow. Impeccable conditions on the tees all the way to the greens. The Par 5's are very challenging and the Par 3's are beautiful with nice green complexes. The rough is penalizing here in so much as it makes it hard to find your ball if you don't keep a good eye on it, however once you do find it, its rather easy to get out of...for now anyway, like I said the course is new.

The staff was very friendly and due to some turn of events I had the pleasure of meeting Alex the Head Pro and my interaction with him sealed my desire to return to the place. I definitely recommend you make the time to try this course out, and watch out for the long Par 4 13th...that one got me! Very fun and challenging course!

Staff and Facilities A plus

The buildings, grounds, staff and food are all top notch at the new south course. Everyone from the guy who put the clubs on the cart when we arrived to the nice lady in the grill who brought us lunch were all on the ball. Everyone was pleasant and friendly. The greens without a doubt were the best I have ever putted on and I never had a bad lie in the fairway. I was however a little disapointed with the layout. It was very wide open and with my groups distance, playing from the black eliminated what few "hazards" there were. Maybe I was expecting too much with regards to the difficulty of the layout with all the talk of the classic moving there and the PGA s involvement. IMHO Its going to be a while before regular golfers will be able to throw the ball at the hole and hope for them to stop, but like i said earlier, when you were on the green, it was a pleasure to putt. With the price point as it is, it may be a while before I go back, but when I do, I hope that everything that the organization has worked so hard to build out there is thriving. This course succeeding will be nothing but a positive feather in the

cities cap.