Bayou Oaks at City Park - South Course

Year Built 2017
Fairways Celebration Bermuda
Greens TifEagle
Architect Rees Jones (2017) Greg Muirhead (2017)

Dress code Collared shirts are not required. Denim and T-Shirts are allowed. No tank tops. No cut-offs.

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Louisiana (2017 #8)

City Park South

This has quickly become one of my favorite courses to play. I am a below average player, I shoot in the high 90's to low 100's but this course gives me a bit of room for error on the fairways but enough of a challenge as you approach the greens. Food and beverage options are good and reasonably priced. The facilities are always clean and kept up, even the bathrooms on the course are kept up mostly (I am female so this is important).

Great Conditions

The course is in great conditions and worth the money.

Nice course but.....

Course was in good conditions greens sanded but rolled well. Not a hard course if you ply the proper tees. Round was ruined by a group playing at a snail’s pace in front of us. Pro Shop failed to tell us there were 8 groups out there playing some sort of Ryder Cup style format. We teed off behind the last group and within 3 holes they were a hole and a half behind the group in front of them. Had they told me about this I would have gone elsewhere.

Dishonest staff

My group played today and we booked a day in advance. Staff said course in great shape. When arriving we were told to start on back nine. We specifically ask why and were told they were doing maintenance on the front nine. When going to start on the back nine we asked the starter why we were starting on 10 and his reply was a little maintenance on the front. When making the turn at 1st hole we notice the green was brown. We realized then that they had punched the front nine,. Very deceptive in my opinion as they should have notified us prior to the start. Very disappointed in staff at this course.

Weather Warning

Weather was great most of the day, some thunder storms bubbled up quickly with a few nearby lightning strikes. No warning horns to bring golfer in. Skies opened up shortly after, still no horns. No issues thankfully, just odd about no horn.

Call before you go

I’m extremely unhappy with this course. I booked a time and brought a friend and we were both excited because we’re both locals and we haven’t played this course in a long time.
But after I book my time and my buddy pays they finally mention that they only have 9 holes available.
Seriously?! You really couldn’t mention this before hand at all? I wouldn’t of come. I would of waited until they open the whole course. But no they wait until you pay. Once they have your money it’s like they don’t care.
I will never go back and only recommend to people I hate so they can lose money too.

Over priced but wide open

This course is not worth 95$ the greens was sanded, it was cart path only the day I played . Should be 50$ at the most. Course was wide open almost impossible to lose a ball.

Golfing in City Park

Checking into pro-shop was easy. We were given a code for a small bucket of balls on the driving range across the street. You will hit off of mats and may have a hard time finding the right tee for your woods. This is a fun little track that we enjoyed playing. Greens were recently punched, but didn't really show until we got to the front 9, we started on the back.

Great local course beautifully maintained.

Despite the busy Saturday, it was a great 18 holes. Golf Marshal's are excellent and the greens were in good to excellent condition. The carts were readily available and the nice young men greeted us with a helpful hand. The clubhouse is nice but the snacks were limited. The concession cart had very little in selection of beverages other than beer and mixer drinks.
Nice day overall on the course.

Decent course

The only course I know where people are always working while golfers are playing. You’d figure by now they’d have the course the way they wanted it and not always having mowers etc. going on while playing. The price is a little steep for this course as well. I know better courses that are cheaper!

City Park South

Solid track. Recommend it. Nothing fancy, but actually one of the better courses in New Orleans (a city lacking good golf courses). Large fairways and greens are forgiving. Greens and bunkers are usually in solid shape. Hazards are rare, and typically don’t come into play. A few nice water features on the front nine. No houses or neighborhood on/around course, which is a plus. Avoid for a few days after rain. Course drains poorly, like many in Nola.

In short I love this course

As usual my friends and I always enjoy it here at City Park north course it's always a pleasure to play here

Championship golf in the heart of New Orleans!

The course has a great layout and is challenging. The course allows you to hit a errant shot without penalizing you too much. A must play in NOLA.

Greens continue to be in good shape. Speed and Roll is good. Course is still soggy even after rain couple days ago.

The course to play when I come home

I have had the good fortune of playing this sport we love all over the world, and certainly throughout the U.S. Golf came to me in my 30s, so I didn't spend much time at all with the sport when I grew up in the crescent city. What I love about The South course is that it has all the charm of the city. The track itself is not perfection, but, it is a great place to play in a fantastic city. Let's face it, New Orleans will never be a golfing paradise. There is just too many other activities to indulge in. But, when your festivities are done, or before they start anew, this is a great way to unwind. The greens are pure. The bunkers have the fluffiest sand I have ever played in (not that you want to be in the bunkers too often). The fairways are well manicured. The layout is challenging enough. All this can be found at many golf courses, but what can't be found are those views of this unique city, and the Spanish moss hanging down from those Live Oaks f better than a hundred years in age. The Pelicans and other water and air fowl is a treat as well that sets this course apart. The pricing is high for the city, and no doubt set for an air of exclusivity. And the staff is wayyy too stuffy for a city known for its hospitality. But the most heartbreaking part is that this "city" course has no inner city youth playing on it! A huge miss in my opinion. All this notwithstanding, it is my favorite place to play when I return home.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020