Los Lagos/La Vista at Desert Princess Country Club

Dress code: Proper golf attire is golf slacks or Bermuda length shorts, collared or mock turtle golf shirts and proper footwear. Tank tops, bathing suits, jogging shorts, cutoffs, and denim material are not permitted
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

Combo (W) 72 5650 yards 74.0 131

"Good Traditional Layout"

acesxthree's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/16/2018

Played Desert Princess for the first time on a Friday in March. I had heard about this course from a friend who recommended it as a good place to play in Palm Springs.

Tee times are a bit unusual as the course only takes phone in reservations three days in advance. This makes it a bit harder to plan a round at the course as many courses in this area take tee times weeks or months in advance. It is good to visit knowing that tee times are made and not having to wait until the last minute to book.

The staff was really friendly and helpful on check in and throughout our stay at the course. Did not use the restaurant.

We found the course to be in excellent condition, the fairways were lush and green, tees and greens very well maintained. Greens rolled a bit slower than other courses in the area but once the adjustment is made, they roll true.

The layout runs among houses on these two nines (there are three nines at the facility) and the views are part neighborhood and part mountains in the distance. There are more scenic courses in the area but this was still a very enjoyable round.

Pace of play was at about four hours and we moved along well with little waiting.

I’d play this course again, it is not the longest or most challenging layout but it is very well maintained and has interesting holes that are enjoyable.

"Stay away from this course!! Plenty other courses around!!"

u000003472091's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/30/2017

If you plan on playing golf in Palm Springs, choose another course. Tee'd off at 8:30 as a foursome and finished the front 9 at 10:15. On the 10th hole, one of the pro shop staff met us in the fairway saying that the president of the golf course was furious that we were playing so slow because 3 other groups were complaining. They wanted us to split up as that would solve the problem(there was no problem if we finished in 3 1/2 hours). My wife was frustrated and I was upset in how we were treated. I stopped our round and asked for half refund of our round and the president of the course refused and said members were furious at slow play even if it was under 2 hours for 9. If you are not a member, stay away from this course. Course was in okay shape, they were burning out the grass to start seeding tomorrow, but we knew that going in so that did not play a part in my review. The staff here is rude and have no clue about how to run a golf course from a customer service prospective. I've been playing golf since I was 5 years old and have not been treated this badly. If you treat guests this badly and only listen to members, then go private. Otherwise, the guests need to be treated the same.

Course Layout: Poor

"Annual Event"

EDimas's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/13/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Our club comes here once a year during the hottest time for the weekend. And I still love this place. You must get an early tee time during the summer. Unless you're able to golf in 110 plus heat, some of us can! I love the 9-hole links course, and mix that in with the other courses and you'll have a great day. Usually when we play eighteen, they'll let us play as long as we want. This course is very maintained compared to the other local courses. And yes it gets windy, but isn't that part of golf? Some people just wants a par round given to them. Staff is very courteous, and helpful. And since we usually stay at the Doral, it makes the weekend very enjoyable

"Great Course for the cost"

Jsratike's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/24/2016
First time playing Walked Cold weather

Not a bad course for $55. I stayed at the Doubletree next door, it was nice just to walk on to the course and play. Staff was very nice, like high end resort courteous nice.

Lagos was challenging and in great condition.

Cielo was challenging and a bit awkward on the first couple of holes. Not too worry though you are in a beautiful place playing on a nice course for $55 (off season) what could be better..

"Nice course with some quirks"

Forest92's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/12/2015
First time playing Played with a group Walked Played 18 holes Good weather

Played all three nines over two days. Most of the holes run between houses with long distances from green to tee, some are enormous. Also there are a few links like holes on Vista and one on Ciello which are fun to play, but VERY different and miles from anywhere.<br/> Overall fun to play, mostly up to time except our last nine which took more than two and a half hours.

Quality of food & beverage: Average