A view over the water from El Prado Golf Courses.

El Prado Golf Course - Butterfield Stage Course

Year Built 1976
Architect Harry & David Rainville (1976)

Clubs No

Golf School Academy Yes - "Rick Hunter’s Jr. Golf Academy"

Dress code Proper golf attire.

Bar

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

19th Hole Specials 8

Stinky as always

If you can stand the smell, it's a good value especially in the afternoons. Usually less than $1 per hole for full length 18 with usually okay conditions.. Today's stink was extra strong. Nominated for stinkiest finishing hole in CA! Extra rough roughs today but just don't get in the rough!

A good value but smelly

Hole 17-18 is right next to the waste water treatment so you will be heavily distracted by the smell. However it's in pretty decent condition and usually a good value. Walking only on this course right now. Chino Creek is cart exclusive, I believe. Decent layout with some dry creeks running through fairway so not a driver every time. Usually hot and a bit windy but today was just windy which will affect shots. For first timers might be confusing as the layouts will cross roads four times.

Fairway layout

Since there is no gps provided and two golf courses intertwined together but no noticable signs, it's confusing for the first time golfer to play comfortably.

Commented on 05/27/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting El Prado Golf Courses - Butterfield Stage. We hope to see you again in the future.

Butterfield is in fine shape and the fairways and greens lush - pace of play was very good!

Playing During COVD-19 Virus Conditions

Great day for golf. Required to walk on Butterfield Stage Course after 8:00 AM. Excellent pace of play. Complied with requirement to wear a mask, etc. Enjoyed the opportunity to get on a golf course again. Great rate - $16/ person walking with a 1:30 PM tee time on GOLFNOW.

Commented on 05/13/2020

Hi, Ajara! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 05/13/2020

Hello, we appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at El Prado Golf Courses - Butterfield Stage. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Smells terrible

This course had a good layout, and for the most part was an easy course to play. The only thing that was awful was the horrid smell in your nose the whole time. It didn’t matter what hole you were on, it was terrible. That alone would not bring me back.

On top of that, there was no opportunity to get refreshments, and no sight of a cart girl of any kind.

Commented on 05/13/2020

Hello, thank you for the review. We see you rated the course 2-star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. We always appreciate the feedback. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. Thank you for playing El Prado Golf Courses - Butterfield Stage.

Re-opening After COVID-19

The management (Kevin) did a great job and was very organized despite the modifications due to COVID-19. I figured that the course would be more challenging as the rough on all courses re-opening is very deep. This should change over the coming weeks.
The staff was very friendly.

Happy to be playing again

Everything about our round met or exceeded expectations, except for the trimmings of grass that were left all over the rough. Other than that we had a great day on the course and it was in great condition. You can definitely tell it was maintained during the shutdown.

Nice Course to Walk, Reasonably Priced....

For the price it’s as good as you’ll find around OC & Riverside on the weekends. Course was in pretty good shape. Greens were in very good shape. Didn’t really interact with any staff onsite but they’ve been courteous in the past. Pace of play could’ve been slightly better, but for a Saturday afternoon it wasn’t horrible. I’d recommend this course to anyone looking for a course to walk, that’s in good shape and is a good value.

Not worth it.

Tee times stacked. No spacing. Adding people to our group, they didnt ha e times set right. People hitting all over the place. Grass needs to be cut. Didnt prepare proper enough .

Commented on 05/04/2020

Hi, Dennis. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing El Prado Golf Courses - Butterfield Stage. We hope to see you again soon.

Slow play in front without marshal speeding up the play

The course did not notify me about walking only on the day. They did offer me a pull cart. The problem was the foursome before me played very slow. The new social distancing rule does not allow passing the group in front, but there was no marshal to speed up the play. The 18 hole game lasted over 5 hours in the heat.

Commented on 05/01/2020

Hi, thank you for taking the time to review your recent round with us. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your round. Please know that this is by no means the standard we strive for as we aim to provide a 5-star experience every time. Working in compliance with the current restrictions and maintaining proper social distancing, we try to do everything we can to keep our golfers safe and in good health. We hope that you understand these restrictions and that you will give us another chance to play El Prado Golf Course in the future. That being said, please reach out to our team in the pro shop for further resolution in this matter.

Fun fun fun

This course is player friendly but still offers plenty of challenges. I have played here many times. Great staff, and rates that are hard to beat

Plays Once a year

Better than I was expecting

First time playing in a couple of years so didn't have great expectations of my game. Chose this course because of it and it was better than what I expected. Hooked up with a couple of great guys which made it far more enjoyable for me as they were very gracious and encouraging. Only issue we had was towards the last few holes, the group behind kept hitting up on us, even after apologizing for doing so the first time. We were ready to let them play through but they never caught up with us on the tee box. Would have been great if there was a marshall around.

Public/Resort