Buchanan Fields Golf Course

Fairways Blue grass
Greens Blue grass
Architect Robert Muir Graves

TERRIBLE!

They canceled their service through golf now. They did not even offer us to play with full price. Terrible experience. They seem prejudiced.

Good practice

Great course for an economical round to practice fundamentals or just get out for 9 holes. As an "airport course" it doesn't have a challenging layout, but it can still be a good time. The course is kept up pretty well.

Great practice course

This was my first time playing at Buchanan's course but immediately I realized this is a course I will be back to. The staff was laid back helpful but not overbearing. The course was a tight 9 hole but the best 9 I've played (beginning golfer). The conditions were very dry and that's the only knock I have on this course. Bathrooms were clean along with the other facilities.

Great practice course

I was part of a 2some. We made a reservation online at the price of $5 for each player. After the "convenience fee" of over $6, we started play with nobody directly in front of us. We never caught up to anyone the entire round. The greens are in good shape and roll fairly fast. The sand traps don't have any sand, it is like hitting off of hard pan. The holes are pretty short and straight, and the course is flat. This is a great place to practice your irons.

Yucky food great course

Great practice course It is conviently located the price is great. If you get hungry I recommend eating elsewhere first. I snack shop is way over priced and the menu is not the same as and 18 hole course. It gets hot on this course and there is not much shade. Bring COLD water because the snack shop water price is a dip off and they charge for a cup of faucet water. Overval great place for practice not so great for food and drink. I would like to see a band on the patio on certain evenings like Diablo

Kids and I

I saw the deal for $5 per golfer on Golf Now. I have golfed this course before but I always hit from the black tees. This time because my two girls, 6 & 8 were playing we played from the reds. We had a blast. The pace of play was great even though there seemed to be a lot of people we got done in just under two hours which was really amazing. Playing from the red tees felt like cheating a bit, but its not a course you take seriously anyways. It is just a fun course, and I am definitely taking my kids there again as it is challenging for them, but its a course that I still won't get tired of playing.

Great for beginners.

We are beginner golfers and first time on a real course. Good pace but didn't feel rushed. "Hot Deals" makes it worth it to get out and practice.

golf with wife and son

A little dry but that is expected during the drought. Wish more players would repair ball marks on greens. Great value and a good time if you only have a couple hours to play.

Great practice course

Flat course in pretty good shape. Low price. Good place to practice driving narrower fairways and hitting smaller greens.

Stay clear of this course!

Hey true golfers, and you know who you are! Stay clear of the course. The management sucks. We booked a Hot Deal on Golfnow for 7/3 at 2:30 pm hoping the prepaid reservation would be like other respectable courses. Wrong! Not only did they take my money for our foursome, but the management or lack thereof booked three other groups of four at 2:30 pm as well allowing walk-ons to have the same time slot without any controls. Don't waste your money or time. There are other better managed courses in the area who respect people and the sport.

Won't go back

The gentleman that assisted us was rude. Although he did "comp" our push carts, when I asked about the complimentary range balls he stated, "yea whatever". I told him that it was the offer on Golf Now and he was quick to reply, "That sight is never right or accurate. Just take the balls. Whatever". Not impressed with that gentleman or the course. Won't be going back.

9 hole wonder

Great course for value and conditions. Im local and i come here often

Great Practice Course

Not a big challenge of a course, but an excellent place to tune up your iron play. Only 3 holes require a wood, the rest are all reachable 3s. Pace is usually good and course conditions are good as well. Just a great value for a quick practice round.

you get what you pay for.

Buchanan is like a second home to me. Them taking the leap to golf now is questionable but I foresee several bad reviews coming their way because of it which is why I am writing this review. The course itself is extremely average and it can be way to slow sometimes but the people that I have met here make it all that much better. I play buchanan any chance that I get and play quarters with a group of normals at twilight. You get what you pay for when it comes to golf and the staff are a split between the nicest people ever and complete dicks. If you're going to buchanan for the first time don't be upset if you don't start at your set tee time and don't play in the early morning as older folks crowd the course. Again I'm not sure if the staff are ready for golf now but they need the business so if you're questioning it go for it with an open mind.

Nice little course

Had fun but the person working the bar inside was lame and lacked humor. I can see if I was there at 6am or something but I went at lunch time. Otherwise everything was cool.. easy place to take people that are not that good.

Buchanan Field

I played 9 holes in 55 minutes! The greens are true the stimp is about a 9. The only fairway that you could say is narrow is hole 8. The course is very friendly to all skills.

probably never again

I dont know where to start, the pro shop wasnt ready for golf now and the accusation that I hadn't paid online to the incredible slow play for a 9 hole muni then the unbelievable poor conditions on the greens because no one repairs their ball marks....the only reason to go back is for the mgd and grilled hot dog in cafe.....

Pleasant Hill, California