Los Lagos - Costa Mesa Country Club

Year Built 1967
Fairways Kikuyu grass
Greens Kikuyu grass
Architect William F. Bell (1967) Ron Fream (1992)

Carts Yes - $18 - $22

Been playing this course for 20 years! Still my absolute favorite course in Orange County!

I’ve got to give Costa Mesa County club props for their consistency in maintaining this course over the last two decades. Although there were a few roughy times they still kept this course up very decent compared to many other courses in this area! The last year, los Lagos is the best I’ve ever seen it, my only complaint is that some golfers neglect to fix their ball marks on the greens which shame on them! I fix at least 5 ball marks on each green when I play here to do my part. My only other complaint would be the snack bar/ restaurant or lack there of after about 2:45pm everyday they tend to never want to continue to serve, and the sweet girl with the food cart seems to be the only one working until 5pm and is always overwhelmed. She definitely deserves a raise and a great review because she’s awesome. Other than that this course is amazing and I will continue to keep golfing here for until I’m dead! Keep it up Costa Mesa County club! You guys are a real gem in this city and you deserve every kind word and excellent review you receive!

Commented On 09/16/2019

Hello, we are beyond happy to hear that you enjoyed a great day of golf at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers and we always strive to provide the very best experience from the start of your round to finish. Thank you for feedback regarding the ball marks, we will look into this issue and find a solution. We look forward to many more good times ahead with you and will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences at Los Lagos at Costa Mesa Golf & Country Club.

Great round

This was a nice round of golf though it was a very hot day plenty of shade available between holes. Very nice and receptive greens. The course should stop the practice of 5 players in a group once per hour. I think this would have improved the pace of play!

Commented On 09/16/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate your recent round with us! We would like to apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve by using your comments as guidance. We are glad to see you rated the course conditions and layout to be great during your game. Thank you for playing Los Lagos at Costa Mesa Golf & Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Breezy Course in Summer

The pace of play is remarkably good. Layout and difficulty is above average. This course is on my list of excellent golf courses.

Commented On 09/03/2019

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to rate your recent round with us! We see that you rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Los Lagos at Costa Mesa Golf & Country Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks in advance for the additional feedback!

Enjoyable place to play versus other public courses in OC for the price. However, I was overcharged by the female starter in the pro shop. Booked online through Golfnow.com. Expecting a refund for the overcharge...

Commented On 08/26/2019

Thank you for the 4-star rating of us, Ronnie! We hope to earn that final star the next time you are with us. Please come back and join us again soon.

Golf Instructor Marybeth Arnold.

My wife and I recently took golf lessons from Marybeth Roberts from Costa Mesa Country Club. .Both of us were new to the sport and she patiently took her time and broke it down for us. We have both since purchased our own set of clubs and are out enjoying the golf course. We are highly recommending her to our friends!

Excellent Course IF fairway maintenance is upgraded

This course is excellent except fairway maintenance. The breeze blowing from the ocean makes me play at this course during the hot summer. Overall, this course is one of the best public courses in SC. You may apply winter rule.

Customer service is non-existent

Look, I get it, this is a muni course staffed by middle aged white men who don't really want to be there. However, when they act like ringing up customers, or answering the phones is a greater burden than balancing the national budget, we have a problem. Basic courtesy and mutual respect is what is expected on the course, We should not have to ask for the same in the pro-shop. Just ring up the rounds, sell the buckets, and try not to act like someone is holding your family hostage and forcing you to work a job you hate.

Got there early, first off.

Super fast round going first off. Course was in great shape for a busy Muni course. Greens pure that early in morning but soft.

Commented On 08/13/2019

Hi, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your round with us. We work hard to keep the course in pristine condition and are happy to know that you noticed that during your round with us! We look forward to having you back again soon.

Very good!

This course is just right for the money. Pace was slow. This was the only problem I had when I played.

Commented On 08/06/2019

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Los Lagos at Costa Mesa Golf & Country Club.

First Impression

This course was actually enjoyable for the first time!!
Pace of play 5 stars.
Condition 4 stars.
Only recommendation ... pick up all the trash around the tee boxes. Bottle caps. Cig butts. Candy wrappers. Etc. Etc. Etc.
Won’t bring any old buds or out of town guests here until they clean up their act. Poor First Impression.

Great round of golf

From the beginning to completion the experience was very good. The check in was fast and the starters were right on schedule. My golf party enjoys playing this course. Great job.

Great time

Todays round was great. Weather was perfect. Greens were tricky today. Some fast and some slow.

Commented On 07/10/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

had a fine time

Los Lagos course is long from back tees. Pretty wide open and errant shots not typically penalized severely. Greens definitely give a challenge with slopes and undulations.

Fairways are in fine shape this early in summer.

Weather was warm, but cooling breeze off the ocean made it ideal.

Pretty good driving range and putting practice areas.

Commented On 07/08/2019

Solid bang for your buck

Played this course on a whim late afternoon on a Sunday. It wasn’t packed but the threesome in front of me was definitely taking their time.

Course was in great considering. Tee boxes were well maintained. Greens are super fast though

Commented On 07/08/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, bsauce! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

45 Minutes Per Hole

The days of $30 rounds of golf are gone for me as of today. From 1st tee to 2nd tee...45 minutes. The first hole was in good shape, I was paired with very nice people, but I just don't have the patience for this crap. #costamesacountyclub I would prefer to pay $100 plus and be able to play a round of golf in a reasonable amount of time.

Commented On 07/08/2019

Hello, thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1-star. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. We always appreciate the feedback and will use your comment as guidance to constantly work on making the necessary improvements. Thank you for playing Los Lagos at Costa Mesa Golf & Country Club.

Commented On 07/10/2019

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Costa Mesa Country Club.

Costa Mesa, California