Type Municipal/Public
Los Lagos - Costa Mesa Country Club

Year Built 1967
Fairways Kikuyu Grass
Greens Kikuyu Grass
Architect William F. Bell (1967) Ron Fream (1992)

Carts Yes - $22 - $28

Dress code Comfortable clothing; no strict dress code but no tank tops allowed.

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

While we Are Young! 6 HOUR round. Yikes!

6 hours to play a round. On 2nd tee box, there were 3 groups waiting and 3 more groups waiting on the green and fairway, Waited after every shot through 18 holes. A group of 5-some, all young teen girls who could not hit more than a 100 yard off tee, were carrying on like they owned the course. When marshal was asked if 5-some was allowed on course, he replied "no but they are the Sean's (starter) girl". When someone yelled 'pick up the speed', a girl flipped a finger 'bird'. Got a good laugh out of it but it was way out of line. Furthermore, here is a public course managed by tax revenues with management violating their own course rules for their family members. Get to wonder if the girls even paid the green fees (HMMMM).

Terrible pace of play

Pace of play was horrendous and the Marshall staff was even worse. On hole 4, I informed the Marshall about the group in front of me about their pace of play and the ladies playing from the blue tees. Mind you, these ladies could not hit more then 100 yards off the tee.

His name kept to me was “take a deep breath and you can go say something to them’” Really?! What’s the point of having a Marshall staff in place if they do not even enforce the rules of the course.

It was so bad, I just threw up my hands up in grace and just turned my happy rear end and left after 7 holes.

I’m not even upset about the money, I’m more upset because I work my butt off to look forward to my time off and play my favorite hobby! I couldn’t even do that!

As long as there is breathe in my lungs, I will never step foot on this course ever again!

For those of us who are NOT long ball hitters

Mesa Linda offers a variety of holes, from a couple of short par threes to a couple of long par fives, and everything in between. The fairways are mostly in terrific shape, the layout is pretty wide open, although there are enough trees to get you in trouble if you stray from the fairways.

The greens here are challenging, but fair. They are FAST, and have plenty of break to them. The bunkers...well, I got into three of them, and had exactly the bunker shot I wanted two out of three times. I did take advantage of COVID rules to move my ball out of footprints in the bunkers.

It is a popular course, which means getting a favorable tee time is difficult, and the crowds can really make for some slow play.

Good to play any day

The course layout is really good. The greens are challenging. Unfortunately the city is probably taking too much money out of the course and should reinvest a little more into the conditioning. There are some challenging parts of the course but they have been lost because of maintenance. It’s usually a busy course so 5 hour rounds are typical but worth it for the price.

Good Day

Always enjoy playing Los logos great course great weather and the starter always gets us off the first tee with a smile.

Employees are not friendly

when I was checking in at 12:30, the person in the register was rude and not nice. And I was charged the amount of single ride and had to share the cart with my friend. When I asked this person, he said there was not enough cart. However, I have seen others rode the cart by themselves.

Very good condition

Mesa Linda, although relatively short is in great condition and the greens are tricky. Best deal in the county on price:value. Staff is friendly and efficient. Recent change in tee time spacing has helped pace of play dramatically

Great course for the value

I played Los Lagos. The fairways and greens are excellent for a public course. This course is significantly better than any LA city or Long Beach course and costs basically the same. The course is long but fairly forgiving, assuming you don't end up in the water or behind a tree. The greens roll true and are fairly fast (8-9 stempmeter- my guess). The course always seems to have a beautiful breeze so it never feels really hot but the wind adds another welcome level of difficulty. I have not found many courses that provide such a great experience for the price. I have played 3 times now and will be coming back many years.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hi, We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Los Lagos at Costa Mesa Golf & Country Club!

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hello, We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (714) 540-7500 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Los Lagos at Costa Mesa Golf & Country Club!

Fun track

This course is always in great shape and is a great place to work on your driver. The greens are challenging and the fairways are immaculate. If you can get. a tee time here go play it!!!! It's a fun fair track.

Commented on 09/02/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Los Lagos at Costa Mesa Golf & Country Club!

Good round of golf

Had a great round of golf fun layout god fairways and the roughs were not that bad to play from either played the mesa Linda side of this golf facility and really enjoyed my round look forward to returning to play either side in the near future the greens were challenging for any level of golfer made for a fun day....

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hi, Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Los Lagos at Costa Mesa Golf & Country Club.

Solid Track

Solid track, busy but good pace with nice spread of groups

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hello, we would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Los Lagos at Costa Mesa Golf & Country Club!

Love and hate

I love the course, especially Los Logos BUT
I just hate the pace of play.
Been playing at least once a week at Los Logos for about a year and its usually 5 hours a round.

And lastly, the starter guy that sits on his cart with headphones on, try and do your job, maybe acknowledge players asking questions?

Course Condition

Course in great shape except for the sand traps. They are mostly mud or very thin layer of sand with hard pan underneath. No one fixes their footprints either. You should churn up the existing sand traps or add more sand to them. It may be time to bring back the rakes too. Thanks for you attention.

Costa Mesa, California