Desert Dunes Golf Club is host of the Desert Dunes Classic on the Canadian Tour.

Style Links
Desert Dunes Golf Club - Robert Trent Jones Jr

Year Built 1989
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Jr. (1989) Donald Knott (1989) Gary Linn (1989)

Single Allowed No

Bar, Grill

Enjoyable Round

Played with three really good guys. The course is in rough shape, though the greens were good. The course needs more water and more care. Some of the tee boxes looked more like rough. Though for $18 you can't expect much more.

Commented on 07/06/2020

Hello, Mario2884795. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Dump for a GC

Course is in bad shape, more weeds than grass,.. great layout, it could be so much better if they watered and cared for the course.. it reminds me of the course in Tin Cup.. Wish they would manage this course better, but as it sits today, I’m not coming back...

Commented on 06/28/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, and we are working towards getting things up to par. Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Great course, poor conditions

One of my favorite courses in the Coachella Valley for years. Unfortunately, it's not in great shape. Greens are ok, but fairways and areas around greens are dry or poorly maintained. Today, it was very slow with wind, conditions and slow play. I'll be back, but not soon.

Windy Fun

It's usually windy in the area so this was okay, course in good condition. Couple tee boxes needed mowing, greens in good shape. Enjoyed my round will play again soon...

Come...if you just like to play

i'm a 9-index. i've played here a dozen times, sometimes in perfect conditions, often in windy conditions, once in 45-mph winds. i've always had a good time. the reviews that trash the amenities and conditions are basically accurate. HOWEVER, the layout is really very good (they used to play some big time tourneys here), the greens are in quite good shape, and if you like to play it's usually a great bang for your buck. what's a bunch of weeds on the tee box or on the fairway?! i've had a good time every time.

Decent conditions

Coming out of corona, it was a pleasure to play the course. Like the layout and the challenge. Greens were in good condition. Several fairways were punched with the plugs littered on the fairway. Enjoyed the round, but have seen the course in better conditions.

Commented on 06/02/2020

Hi u782251525! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Memorial Day

One of our all time favorite courses.
We drive over an hour to get there.
Unfortunately the course is in real bad shape.
The greens were fine and no problem.
There were weeds growing on some of the tee boxes.
The drive way at the drop off was littered with weeds.
Fairways not in good shape.
I have never reviewed anything in my life so I hope you understand that this has been a special place to me and my family.
The course needs money and if the owner doesn’t have any please sell it to someone who does.
Of course golf is always fun and so was our day.

Commented on 06/11/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Desert Dunes Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

What a shame

Let’s start with this...showed up 30 minutes before my tee time (6am), gate was locked. Feed off 20 minutes late. Golf course was in absolute shambles. I’ve played absolutely everywhere in the desert and this was in the worst shape of anything I’ve ever seen. No amenities on the course at all, water, cart girl, etc..I understand covid-19 and all but holy crap I wouldn’t send my worst enemy to this course. I felt like they should’ve payed me to play it....and I’m not good. It’s a shame too because it had potential, but it looks like it needs an infusion of several million to make it DO NOT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hidden Gem, Discovered the value!

Very nice Robert Trent Jones designed course. It's challenging. Nice friendly staff. I had a great round and a great time!

Commented on 05/20/2020

u314160000516, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Desert Dunes Golf Course.

Very deceiving course

First Open up since the COVID 19 shut the place down. We were hoping that the course will be in great shape, since nobody playing for 2 months or more, but that is not the case..Very disappointed, the fairway dry, putting green needs to be roll. Over all experience not very good. Would not even recommend to Friends and Family.

Commented on 06/01/2020

Hi genday79322. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Desert Dunes Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Plays Twice a year

Great layout, but tired

The course is well laid out - a real desert course. Rolling dunes, beautiful views, with plenty of challenges. But, the place is just not well taken care of - from the front entrance to the fairways. A little more care would really bring this course up to a 5-Star!

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hi asacctgguy. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course.

Commented on 05/06/2020

Hi, rb2bz4u. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Desert Dunes Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Way overbooked

overbooked started 30 mins late
Front nine was 3 hours back pace was slow but sped up
5+hour round
Course was suprisingly dry for prime season

Commented on 07/07/2020

Hi 1badmach1. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Desert Dunes Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

True Gem

This course is one of the best in the Palm Springs Area. Most of the courses in the area are stale and cater to the resort. This course along with Silverock, and Terra Lago, offer a three phase challenge (tee box, second shot, and green) that makes you want to come back. If this course was given a huge infusion of cash it could challenge the very best as Robert Trent Jones created another masterpiece with this layout.

Commented on 05/28/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, Dongato19! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

I’m here because of Wuhan

My initial reaction was uh oh, this place looks pretty run down. The price of 69.00 also seemed a little high. Anyway I made a T time for the following day and arrived on time. I joined a twosome and we teed of at 9:20...... The course was somewhat on the dry side but really had no adverse effect on our round.....the bottom line is I would play again.....Some great Mountain View’s and course character

Commented on 04/27/2020

Hi dbash14. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course.

Too high price

I chose wrong date.
Too hot to enjoy.
Golf now charged $85+, but the course price was $69....

Commented on 05/06/2020

Hi yvonnelee52. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course.

Windy and Rona Season

Definitely a biased review because of the 40 MPH wind, and with everything gong on with COVID, but the guy I played with said he spent $90 and he was not happy. I got the Hot Deal so I was okay with the round, but I would not pay more than $40 to play here. A lot of blind shots, tough course to play for the first time, but I appreciated them being open and friendly during this whole thing.

Commented on 05/06/2020

Hi matthewryansmith! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Packed Golf Course

While all other courses in Riverside County have closed by order of the County due to the Covid-19 virus, this course remains open. I was able to book the only tee time available for a foursome this week since business is brisk with no other golfing options available. While the course will allow 1 person to a cart to promote social distancing, that will cost you an additional $25 per person. While the course was full, we were able to tee before 8:00 AM, and many of the tee times were taken by less than 4 golfers, so we were able to play in 3 hours. The course conditions were OK, but not great. Still, getting out and golfing was a nice diversion from everything going on with the Covid-19 virus!

Commented on 04/07/2020

Hi dtaylor1953! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Resort/Community