Style Links
Desert Dunes Golf Club - Robert Trent Jones Jr
Silver 72 5359 yards 66.9 115
Silver (W) 72 5359 yards 72.2 129
Scorecard for Desert Dunes Golf Course
Black M: 74.2/136 544 417 334 406 176 375 398 181 546 3377 386 357 382 586 192 431 530 192 443 3499 6876
Gold M: 73.0/133 517 386 328 394 167 349 390 171 536 3238 376 346 365 576 184 411 517 187 414 3376 6614
White M: 71.1/128 W: 77.0/139 503 366 305 367 141 338 363 162 518 3063 349 321 333 530 164 397 484 166 398 3142 6205
Silver M: 66.9/115 W: 72.2/129 459 287 254 322 119 315 308 104 466 2634 297 279 296 492 126 318 443 131 343 2725 5359

Year Built 1989
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Jr. (1989) Donald Knott (1989) Gary Linn (1989)

Single Allowed No

Response from Desert Dunes Golf Course on 05/15/2019:
Thanks for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course! Your 4-star rating is much appreciated. Come back soon!

Great layout, needs some TLC

I recall playing Desert Dunes 15 or 20 years ago when it was a hidden gem in the Valley. So I was excited to go back and see it again. It’s hard to be critical when paying $25 for a weekend morning tee time. But it was sad to see the state of the facility compared to what I remembered. The greens and tee boxes were okay, but the rest of the course has not been kept up. And the clubhouse and range are barely serviceable. The bunkers are overgrown and have little sand in them. It feels like a small investment could return a magnificent layout to its former standards. But it’s not there right now. Oh, and the wind howled which is not unusual there. There is value to be had playing Desert Dunes, but temper your expectations if you do.

Response from Desert Dunes Golf Course on 05/06/2019:
Thank you for coming to play Desert Dunes Golf Course again after all these years, Jeff. We're sorry to hear if we didn't quite meet your expectations but we hope you'll consider giving us another try in the near future.
Response from Desert Dunes Golf Course on 05/06/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course! We appreciate your kind words regarding the layout. Come back soon!

I've always liked this course. This time they hadn't mowed the grass on the rough, there were tassels on the grass. Greens were in good shape.I was disapointed from what I usually get.

Response from Desert Dunes Golf Course on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course. We're glad to hear you've always liked playing our course. We're sorry to hear if we didn't meet your expectations this time around but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Dried up and dying

This place looks more like a municipal course running out of money. Sad, overgrown unkempt clubhouse. Big sign out front - NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR BEVERAGE - then they don't have anything available to purchase. Thank you very little. There is so much other, better golf in the valley, give up if can't do a good job of it.

Response from Desert Dunes Golf Course on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course for the first time. Your feedback is very important to us and we hope you'll consider giving us another try in the near future.

Fun

Course has a great layout. Greens in perfect condition, well maintained fairways and tee boxes. Traps, and there are plenty of them, were horrible. Very little sand and wet, which is a bad combination. No way to competently play out. Was maybe the most wind I’ve ever played in, but that’s out of their control. No staffing outside of pro shop and range was ok.

I’d play again.

Response from Desert Dunes Golf Course on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for joining us here at Desert Dunes Golf Course for the first time. We appreciate your kind words regarding the layout and overall course conditions. Your feedback about the bunkers is also very important to us so thank you for sharing. We look forward to you joining us for another round soon!

Great value, get out early

Teed off around 730. They let me go out solo which I appreciate. Greens were very slow. Course was in good condition. Cart paths ended after about 100 yards. I didn’t care, but some might want to know.

Response from Desert Dunes Golf Course on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course! Sounds like we made a good first impression. Nothing better than cruising around the course with an early tee time. Come back soon!
Response from Desert Dunes Golf Course on 04/29/2019:
Thanks for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course, Steve! Your 4-star overall rating is much appreciated. Come back soon!

Nice track but...

Nice layout, sufficiently challenging, had lots of variety from gnarly dunes to a forested couple of holes. It was not busy. We had a twosome in front of us and an open time after us so the game was quick at 3 hours and 10 mins.
Now for the but...
The course was quite dry and tired looking. The 16th hole was a welcome beauty. Lots of garden and cactus around the green. Very lush and beautiful. With some investment in decorative vegetation and more watering, this course could easily be five star. That would certainly draw more interest in their planned housing development around the course.
I will try another round next year just to see if there are a few improvements

Response from Desert Dunes Golf Course on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course for the first time. We're glad to hear you enjoyed the layout and pace of play. Your feedback is also very important to us and we look to you giving us another try when you're in town again next year.

lotsa sand traps, could use more sand

love this course. very windy at first tee but most holes have windbreaks

Response from Desert Dunes Golf Course on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course! We're thrilled to hear you love our golf course. Be sure to follow us on social media for the latest course news and specials. Come back soon!
Response from Desert Dunes Golf Course on 04/29/2019:
Thanks for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course! Your 5-star rating is much appreciated along with your kind words regarding our course layout. Come back soon!

Great gift

First time ever playing the course. I took a friend out for his birthday. We really enjoyed the back ground view and layout of the course. Pace of play was fantastic. Finishing our round in 3 hours was perfect. The track is definitely challenging, but still can cater to a higher handicap, like my playing partner. I would 100% recommend this course to others.

Response from Desert Dunes Golf Course on 04/29/2019:
Thanks for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course for the first time! We're thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed the views, layout, and pace of play. Nothing better than playing 18 holes in just 3 hours! We hope to see you and your friend out here again soon!

Play on a calm day

We liked this course but it was very challenging due to the winds. It’s in good shape but be ready to club up!

Response from Desert Dunes Golf Course on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course, Laura! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the course. Hopefully it won't be as windy next time you play out here. Come back soon!

Disappointing expectations

Not familiar with the course was one thing, But having to deal with the gross windy conditions, totally ruined my day. I know you can’t control the windy conditions but when I left the hotel, it was a light breeze. Only to come out to near
gale-force winds. The fairways were less than average, The greens however were quick, only to have the wind make them even tougher. It was on my list of courses to play, but am going to scratch it off for my return trip.

Response from Desert Dunes Golf Course on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course, John. We're sorry to hear the windy conditions took away from the overall enjoyment of your round. We hope you'll consider giving us another try next time you visit the area.

wind city

It was blowing about 35 mph the day we played which made it difficult to even stand steady. Much different than the last time I played there, it was a true desert course then. Nice water features and a variety of holes. Had left my gps unit on the cart and the staff kept it for me until the next day. So few people there that the bar was closed. Son went back on a non windy day and really liked the play there. Bunkers don't have much sand since it blows out easily.

Response from Desert Dunes Golf Course on 05/06/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course again! Your positive feedback is much appreciated. Hopefully you and your son come back to play again soon. Let's hope it's not as windy for you next time around.
Response from Desert Dunes Golf Course on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course! Your 4-star overall rating is much appreciated. Come back soon!
Response from Desert Dunes Golf Course on 04/29/2019:
We appreciate the 4-star overall rating! Thanks for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course. Come back soon!

Let the grass grow

The grass was so short, it was like hitting off of a hardpan. The sandtraps were obviously never raked, as they were a hardpan. The rates were way to high for a course in this condition. Sorry, but no one in our party will be returning...

Response from Desert Dunes Golf Course on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course. We're sorry to hear we didn't meet your expectations but we appreciate your feedback and we hope you'll consider giving us another try in the future.
Response from Desert Dunes Golf Course on 04/29/2019:
Thanks for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course! We're glad to hear you find our course to be a good value. Come back soon!
Palm Springs, California
Cathedral City, California
4.1941647059
Cathedral City, California
Palm Springs, California

Valid dates: May 27, 2019 - Sep 01, 2019
Experience golf at its best on five fully renovated championship courses in pristine condition. This summer, villa accommodations start at just $232/person/night—or you can upgrade to The Sanctuary Hotel from $404/person/night (midweek).
TPC Sawgrass Experience Golf Package
PARK CITY VACATION DEALS
Stay and Play
Stay & Play Escape at Eagle Eye!
Stay and Play
Stay & Play this Summer at Hawk Hollow!